Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2012   #21
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 247 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Collinsworth can go suck a big fat stick

didnt really notice any bias towards chicago, but collinsworth reporting was a joke.

i remember in the 1st half, he said foster had already racked up rushing 96 yards. the texans actually had 96 rushing yards, with forsett having around 20, so foster was actually around 70. just lazy fact checking.
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #22
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL! There is a thread on DaBears message board complaining about Collinsworth.

I agree with Hervoyel's earlier statement by the way.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #23
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I didn't notice anything all that negative from Collinsworth. I think Houston fans have a natural propensity for thin-skinned whining. Anytime we don't get our collective knobs polished by the national media it's part of some "Hate On Houston" campaign that's secretely funded by ESPN and the Eastern/Liberal/Elite.

Frankly I find it unbecoming but that's just me.
I agree with this take. Our thin-skinned sensitivity goes hand and hand with waiting for that other shoe to drop.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

For me, it was just his unrelenting need to say something even if it wasn't true.

Some guys find ways to commentate and not insult the viewers. CC is not one of those types of commentators. Snarky, snide, and I really think it's funny that NBC thinks he's good enough to pair with Al Michaels.

Troy Aikman is my favorite color guy, tbh. Pains me to say that, but it is what it is. The guy is down-to-earth, keeps it simple, and knows his stuff.
Old 11-12-2012   #25
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Collinsworth got shut down by Wade's dad his entire career.... hence why he doesn't like us.
Collinsworth didn't play a single game against a Bum Phillips coached Oilers team. His rookie season was Bum's first season in NO.
Old 11-12-2012   #26
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

At what point Collinsworth described Wade Phillips in almost angelic terms. He loves him some Phillips
Old 11-12-2012   #27
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Collinsworth didn't play a single game against a Bum Phillips coached Oilers team. His rookie season was Bum's first season in NO.
Sorry, I assumed he was older. Can you blame me for not remembering his NFL career?
Old 11-12-2012   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I didn't notice anything all that negative from Collinsworth. I think Houston fans have a natural propensity for thin-skinned whining. Anytime we don't get our collective knobs polished by the national media it's part of some "Hate On Houston" campaign that's secretely funded by ESPN and the Eastern/Liberal/Elite.

Frankly I find it unbecoming but that's just me.
^^^^
This

If Bears and Texans fans are both complaining about the job Collingsworth did, he must have done a good job.

Personally I believe Collingsworth is the best analyst in the game. Followed by Gruden and Tim Ryan.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This

If Bears and Texans fans are both complaining about the job Collingsworth did, he must have done a good job.

Personally I believe Collingsworth is the best analyst in the game. Followed by Gruden and Tim Ryan.
I don't know if he's the best analyst, but I like watching him on Inside the NFL. Him and Phil Simms are entertaining to watch when they go after each other.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #30
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 4939 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected

All I remember that I thought was unfair from him was during the Green Bay game when the Texans weren't able to run the ball he concluded after a qtr and a half of football, that the Texans competition must have been so terrible for the first 6 games. I thought it was a little of an over assumption based on such a small time vs 6 games, plus the Texans hadn't really run the ball that great before either, it was more of there inefficiency running then the schedule being soft for the first six games.
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #31
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 17619 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably the Homer in me, but I felt like between the GB and CHi game Collinsworth was negative towards us. I could see CHI fans saying the same thing the day after.

I was getting tried of Chris in the first quarter. don't care for him much anyway, he seems a litle smug, maybe its just my take. Seems like its his choice of adjetives. At one point he called the Bears Defense vaunted, I was like yeh they are good, but vaunted. Maybe its just that I don't like him.

I think what made me the maddest was that Al (or Chris) called K-Marts first kick return a fumble later in the game. I was like "It wasn't a fumble dumb ass, you even said it 10 minutes earlier, how are you going to act like that was a turn over?".

In the GB game I even felt like Al was getting in on the action, but it could have been that I was pissed at just about everything during that game.

Anyway we won a smash mouth game, and made a statement. This team played like a Prison Team in my opinion. Texans, had more points, TOP, and turn overs, while the Bears had more overall yards. Except for a big pass it seemed like the Bears had like 20 yards because of the physical play.
Old 11-12-2012   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see the Sunday night crew changed out period. Love Gus Johnson & Charles Davis combo, I would tune in just to hear the play calling, breakdown & analysis. That said at least replace Collinsworth with a former player whom we respect, Howe Long would be a good choice, might actually be interested to hear what he has to say

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #33
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

8-1 Next?
Old 11-12-2012   #34
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't notice any impartiality.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #35
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol, I don't know how many times last night I was yelling for Collingsworth to shut his piehole!

He's the worst.
Old 11-12-2012   #36
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

It just took them a little longer to start complimenting our D they way they were Chicagos.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #37
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36084 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

The way he reacted to the illegal pass that was beyond the LOS showed me how biased Collinsworth was. He was begging for a challenge, and any unbiased person could see there was no way there was sufficient evidence to overturn the call. Even after the ruling was confirmed, he kept bitching.

I'm not thin skinned. I don't care. Stuff like this is ammunition. Screw the media pundits. We are out to win football games not more fans.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #38
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I think Collinsworth is one of the most knowledgeable announcers I've heard and I've always enjoyed Sunday Night games because of it....until the Texans started playing them.
The "running game" thing was down right weird. He kept trying to point out how the Bears were getting push upfront as Forte was getting tackled for no gain over and over again. Overall, it was probably as hard a game to announce as to play given the conditions, sloppy play and general terribleness from a neutral point of view (as a texan fan, i loved every second).
But it does seem Cris is oddly critical of us. Maybe he lost some money on us in 2010 or something.
Old 11-12-2012   #39
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

how can you blame him?

we get crushed by green bay and we barely beat jason campbell. forgive him for not being impressed.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
I think Collinsworth is one of the most knowledgeable announcers I've heard and I've always enjoyed Sunday Night games because of it....until the Texans started playing them.
The "running game" thing was down right weird. He kept trying to point out how the Bears were getting push upfront as Forte was getting tackled for no gain over and over again. Overall, it was probably as hard a game to announce as to play given the conditions, sloppy play and general terribleness from a neutral point of view (as a texan fan, i loved every second).
But it does seem Cris is oddly critical of us. Maybe he lost some money on us in 2010 or something.
I don't know, but maybe the fact that he picked us to win prompted him to "sounds" a little more partial to the Bears to balance it out?!?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read