Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2012   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Collinsworth can go suck a big fat stick

Has anyone else noticed that Collinsworth seems to dislike us?

I noticed it first in the Greenbay game where he had absolutely nothing positive to say about us from the first snap till the end of the game. Well that isnt entirely true.. he would say something positive but immediately follow it up with a "...but".

For example, he might say something like "J.J. Watt is just a beast in the pass rush. ...but the question is, does Houston have anyone else on this defense that they can rely on."

Then he would follow that up with a 5 minute dissertation on the sheen and definition of Clay Mathews' pulsing biceps and how if Jesus himself came down from heaven the first thing he would want to do is get Clay to sign his sandals.

He earned my ire in the GB game, and then solidified his place as "one of my least favorite people" in last nights game.

Now... my mother is far from "football savvy". And 99% of the time, when the Texans are playing, she watches about 5 minutes of actual game, and listens to the rest of it in spurts while she is walking around her house cleaning. But even she called me last night and asked me if Collinsworth used to be a Chicago Bear or something because he seemed to really favor them over us.

Its freakin annoying. The deuce-head even went so far as to say that the Bears are bigger and stronger and are looking to overpower a weaker Texans team.

I understand that color commentary requires you to voice your opinion as often as the facts.. but it seems really unprofessional to me that a primetime announcer should be so obviously bias.

Whatever the case.. if I ever meet him in person im gonna give him the stink eye and spit on his adidas.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea, it's just you. I don't think Collinsworth is biased at all. He gave us plenty of props in that game.

Why so sensitive?
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Collinsworth can go suck a big fat stick

Even my wife noticed the lack of professionalism from Collinsworth. You are supposed to be impartial and he was far from it. He went on and on about the oline blowing up our dline on run plays, when that just wasnt true. Maybe 6 inches.
Old 11-12-2012   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Collinsworth picked the Texans to beat Chicago on Inside the NFL last week.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #5
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly didn't notice it very much at all.

Even if it was there, I can kind of understand why teams who regularly have primetime games year in and year out got some more respect over the new kids that are new primetime.

But really, I mean I really don't think Collinsworth was all that bad.
Old 11-12-2012   #6
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny you posted this because on the Bears forum there's a thread about Collinsworth. In opinions I've seen, they feel like he was hating on them. So I think fans of both teams hear what they want to hear, I thought it seemed like he was slobbing the Bears' knobs all game but I am obviously partial to the Texans.

Here's the thread on the Bears MB.

http://dabears.com/showthread.php?45...s-Collinsworth
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #7
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Collinsworth picked the Texans to beat Chicago on Inside the NFL last week.
He didn't announce it since he was calling the game,but yeah he did.

Also, he and Phill picked every game the same except Dallas/Philly and Collinsworth picked Philly.
Stemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2012   #8
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Funny you posted this because on the Bears forum there's a thread about Collinsworth. In opinions I've seen, they feel like he was hating on them. So I think fans of both teams hear what they want to hear, I thought it seemed like he was slobbing the Bears' knobs all game but I am obviously partial to the Texans.

Here's the thread on the Bears MB.

http://dabears.com/showthread.php?45...s-Collinsworth
He hates the Bears but was complimenting them all night.

Plus, only 3 idiots posted on that. I think the rest are just rolling their eyes.

Stemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #9
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Yea, it's just you. I don't think Collinsworth is biased at all. He gave us plenty of props in that game.

Why so sensitive?
HAHA!!! I think he just hates listening to the NECK as much as I do, so selective hearing kicks in. Most everyone has that announcer that gives you the fingernails on chalkboard effect.

Fact: NOBODY loves Chris Collinsworth more than Chris Collinsworth.
Old 11-12-2012   #10
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
He hates the Bears but was complimenting them all night.

Plus, only 3 idiots posted on that. I think the rest are just rolling their eyes.

The thread was just started a few minutes ago. I've seen a couple of mentions in other threads that Collinsworth hated them as well.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me join the list of others who say that Collingsworth has given the Texans
a fair shake in his reporting/analysis of their performance and during games
they are involved in playing.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #12
jahunter221
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 jahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respected

You people that dont hear the bias against the texans from this pencil neck peckerwood must have ADD.
jahunter221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #13
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I'm old, deaf and blind and the sorry pos grates on my last nerve... but apparently not as deaf as some of these posters.. seriously, you can defend this turd?
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, I don't have a problem with Collinsworth other than the sound of his voice.

Heck, Al Michaels used to take digs at us too.
Old 11-12-2012   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't notice anything all that negative from Collinsworth. I think Houston fans have a natural propensity for thin-skinned whining. Anytime we don't get our collective knobs polished by the national media it's part of some "Hate On Houston" campaign that's secretely funded by ESPN and the Eastern/Liberal/Elite.

Frankly I find it unbecoming but that's just me.
Old 11-12-2012   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I should add that I don't think Collinsworth is very good. I just think he's more or less equally bad to everybody.
Old 11-12-2012   #17
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61481 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Fair and balanced crew. I enjoyed watching them in prime time and didn't notice a thing that bothered me. We just beat the tar (physically) out of the Bears and we complain about the color guy on the broadcast? Weird.
Old 11-12-2012   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Collinsworth ain't that bad. But, people hear what they want to hear. if he bothers you that much, mute the TV. I've done that on muliple occasions when the announcers are acting like pricks. You know, it's really not bad watching the game with no sound, or with some music.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #19
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Collinsworth got shut down by Wade's dad his entire career.... hence why he doesn't like us.
Old 11-12-2012   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Too much whining on TT this morning, need more celebrating.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read