Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2012   #41
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: afc south

The Colts are a pretty good team. Luck has already ignited them. They're a problem again. I don't like it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #42
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

If we both keep winning, I'm thinking our Colts/Texans game gets flexed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The Colts are a pretty good team. Luck has already ignited them. They're a problem again. I don't like it.
Old 11-11-2012   #43
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

the way texans played today im not liking colts chances this year but i feel few years down the line we be a legit contender for afc south.
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

With a win today, I'm a lot less worried. My worst case scenario, was that we lose to the Bears & the Colts beat the Pats next week.

But, we beat the bears, we play the Jags next week (it's like a bye), so we'll maintain our two game lead with only 5 games left.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 11-12-2012 at 01:17 AM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #45
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Colts are 2011 Broncos caliber. They come to play, find ways to win, but I fully expect the magic to run out at some point.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #46
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Colts better hope so. The last game may be what puts them in a wildcard.
If that is the case, then I would rather see us knock them out of the wild card running and add another win to the lopsided Manning/Colts win column.
Old 11-12-2012   #47
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember some people claimed prior to regular season that our division is the weakest or one of the weakest. This may not tell everything but I added total W and L by division and surprise, our division aint that bad. Of course, some teams played already 10 games and two teams only played 8 games due to Monday night. But, this should give some idea that our division isn't that weak. Of course, anything can happen by the end of this season but so far, we aint that weak.

AFC East
W 16 L 20

AFC North
W 18 L 17

AFC South
W 19 L 18

AFC West
W 14 L 21

NFC East
W 16 L21

NFC North
W 23 L14

NFC South
W 19 L17

NFC West
W 19 L16 T2

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #48
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm feeling more and more like they tanked last year. They weren't going to be good without Manning, but they weren't #1 overall pick bad.
Old 11-12-2012   #49
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
Do texans have a successor to shaub when he retires? does kubiak plan on making yates the new starter or does he plan on drafting a qb? watching yates last year he had his moments but there is times i just dont know he tends to crumble under pressure
Crumbles under pressure?

He was able to fill in part way through the season and lead the franchise to our first playoff win.

Not every QB is going to compare to Manning, even Luck will not be as good as Manning has been.
Old 11-12-2012   #50
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm feeling more and more like they tanked last year. They weren't going to be good without Manning, but they weren't #1 overall pick bad.
My husband is seriously pissed about this.
Old 11-12-2012   #51
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
My husband is seriously pissed about this.
Me too.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #52
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not worried about the Colts a) I'm just not worried about games that far ahead, and b) I perceive the Colts as overachieving. If they continue to "overachieve" (which won't be overachieving, it will just be being a good team), then I'll be slightly worried about the Colts when that time of the year rolls around (if those games mean anything in the playoff picture)
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #53
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Between the Texans and Colts there can be no peace.
Old 11-12-2012   #54
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
Hello colts fan here (I come in peace) just wondering what you guys feel about colts one game behind you (pending bears game). Texans fans at all worried colts could threaten division?

anyways im rooting for texans to beat the bears..and a no injury game.
pay no attention to the condescending homers, deep down inside texans fans are worried about andrew luck and the colts.

i hope we win a superbowl this year or sometime in the very near future because if/when luck gets a team behind him its over for the texans.

great quarterbacks always punish the texans. luck will be a great quarterback. i cant believe the colts get back to back great qbs while the texans have yet to have one in our entire history.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #55
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Just saw this.

Personally, I worry about the Colts catching us. I worry about every game we play, though. I'm really ticked off that the Colts had Satan Manning for all those years and now they've got a really bright future ahead of them with Luck.

It would totally suck if we drop a couple of games we should win and end up having to fight the Colts off at the end of the year.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #56
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Just saw this.

Personally, I worry about the Colts catching us. I worry about every game we play, though. I'm really ticked off that the Colts had Satan Manning for all those years and now they've got a really bright future ahead of them with Luck.

It would totally suck if we drop a couple of games we should win and end up having to fight the Colts off at the end of the year.
Two items to consider:

First, this weekend, we play the Jags, and they play the Pats. Things could loosen up by Monday.

Secondly, we play them two out of the last three weeks of the season. If we go into that three game stretch needing both of those games to win the division, this isn't the team we believe it is to begin with. If we go into those games needing both of them and don't get them, then we flat out suck (and we don't flat out suck).
Old 11-14-2012   #57
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Just saw this.

They are playing good football. However, we are not same ole Texans of the past. We are damn good football team. Look at our remaining schedule. Only game that I see a competitive game would be against NE. Hopefully, this division thing would be over by week 14 so that we will be able to give our starters much needed rest for playoffs and the road to the SB!

Go Texans!!!

Last edited by SAMURAITEXAN; 11-14-2012 at 05:28 PM.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #58
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

lol

I know, guys.

I just worry.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #59
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

who does the titans play this week ??????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #60
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
who does the titans play this week ??????
Bye week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read