Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2012   #61
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shaun Cody -- Injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It's really a shame that we lost Ra'Shon Harris for the year. He could have filled in for Cody a bit. Any one have an idea who will be starting at NT this week?
I expect Mitchell to get the nod.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Crick trots out there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #62
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently Cody is denying he has a punctured lung and says he's good to play Sunday.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #63
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 130870 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Apparently Cody is denying he has a punctured lung and says he's good to play Sunday.
I guess I'll just take him on his word. I see no reason he would BS if he really couldn't go on Sunday.

Last edited by Showtime100; 11-08-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #64
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78568 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Source/link? Would like to see the info...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #65
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I saw a podcast on Houstontexans.com but I can't listen to those. I'm guessing it's in there? Transcribe what you can. Thanks mate.

http://old.houstontexans.com/news/Po...UTO=Y&EID=2547

I'm just gonna stick with him being a warrior.
Old 11-08-2012   #66
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I was listening to 1560 this afternoon and they said something like whoever reported it jumped the gun and Cody was upset that it was said. And they said they expect him to play against CHI, sorry I don't have a link but that's all I heard.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #67
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was listening to 1560 this afternoon and they said something like whoever reported it jumped the gun and Cody was upset that it was said. And they said they expect him to play against CHI, sorry I don't have a link but that's all I heard.
I would take this "new report" with a grain of salt. More of an avoidance of revealing to the Bears who is going to be playing the position on Sunday.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #68
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The word "procedure" is so convenient.

Quote:
Shaun Cody has ‘procedure’ to repair injury
Posted on November 8, 2012 at 2:28 pm by Tania Ganguli

Texans nose tackle Shaun Cody had a procedure this week to help with a torso injury he suffered against Buffalo.

“I know he had a procedure done that is tied to his ribs, somehow associated with what took place with his ribs,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “The procedure went good. It got him back in position, working back toward the field.”

The Chronicle reported Wednesday Cody suffered broken ribs and a punctured lung Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.

Although Cody denied his lung was punctured, he remained vague about the details of his injury

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 11-09-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 11-09-2012   #69
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Your link isn't correct.
Old 11-09-2012   #70
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ry/#more-28396

Here's the correct link.
Old 11-09-2012   #71
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Thank you........have corrected the link on my post.
Old 11-09-2012   #72
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Someone asked me what procedure he may have undergone and if I believed he would be able to play. To answer the latter, although the Texans and Cody are implying that he may very well play, no way under any of the scenarios presented should he be allowed to play this Sunday. As to the former question:

This could have been one of several procedures. Most likely examples might be:

1)Placement of a chest tube to re-inflate a collapsed lung (despite his denial of a “punctured lung.”

2)Surgical placement of some sort of mini-plating of the rib fractured segments in order to block movement of these segments (which accounts for most of the severe long-term on-going pain due to this type of injury). A fractured nose, even when the nose might end up at right angles to the face is essentially painless because muscles are not tugging on and moving the bone fragments.

Here’s an example of one such system:

3)Narcotics are not very effective in controlling rib fracture pain. Nerve block injections with needles if employed must be repeated in many different locations/angles. Therefore, sometimes injection tubing (like mini IV tubing) leading to the appropriate nerves to bathe the area(s) with local anesthetic can be placed with a little port either implanted under the skin or left outside the skin for convenient injection as needed. (Not the same, but along the principles of an epidural anesthesia line).
Old 11-09-2012   #73
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
To answer the latter, although the Texans and Cody are implying that he may very well play, no way under any of the scenarios presented should he be allowed to play this Sunday.
FYI-Cody (&Tate) were ruled out today by Kubiak.
Old 11-09-2012   #74
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it still cortisone they use Doc? I know around 10 years ago or so it was all the rage in soccer and players were playing through all sorts of knocks, until it became obvious just how much damage it does to a player to go full speed whilst injured and completely oblivious to pain. Think it crocked quite a number of players before their prime and has died off a little as a result.

The thing is, in a 16 game season the pressure is on both the team and the player to maximise each game, which makes it easy for them to forget that pain is there for a reason, masking it hides rather than removing the problem.

I personally wont feel too comfortable if Cody is smacked off his face on drugs and sent out there, there is a limit to how much toughing up I like to see in my athletes and given the dangers associated with this injury it pushes me beyond my limits in this case.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #75
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I imagine Cody is thinking this is his last year on contract & he wants to show some team if not Texans & he wants to be on field to do it.
Old 11-09-2012   #76
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Is it still cortisone they use Doc? I know around 10 years ago or so it was all the rage in soccer and players were playing through all sorts of knocks, until it became obvious just how much damage it does to a player to go full speed whilst injured and completely oblivious to pain. Think it crocked quite a number of players before their prime and has died off a little as a result.

The thing is, in a 16 game season the pressure is on both the team and the player to maximise each game, which makes it easy for them to forget that pain is there for a reason, masking it hides rather than removing the problem.

I personally wont feel too comfortable if Cody is smacked off his face on drugs and sent out there, there is a limit to how much toughing up I like to see in my athletes and given the dangers associated with this injury it pushes me beyond my limits in this case.
It can be either long-acting local anesthetic alone or mixed with corticosteroids. Corticosteroid in the form of injections at trauma sites have always been a double-edged score. They bring down inflammation which is a significant factor in the creation of pain. However, they all decrease the ability of tissues to heal by decreasing many of the healing processes (including the case of broken bones), including the laying down of collagen to strengthen wounds. The steroid can also diffuse to nearby tissues unintended to be involved in the injection and thus lead to weakening, breakdown or death of these tissues (eg, neighboring bone, muscle, tendon, ligament, fat and even skin). This is not even to mention steroid's effect of decreasing immunologic protection of the tissues, injected and adjacent, significantly increasing the risk of their infection.
Old 11-09-2012   #77
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I expect Mitchell to get the nod.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Crick trots out there.
Quote:
(on if NT Terrell McClain is ready to play) He better be. Hes going to play. The versatility comes from (NT) Earl (Mitchell) and it comes from (DE Jared) Crick. Cricks really fun to watch right now, practice, to watch a guy just kind of come out, Im going to say shell. I dont know if he was in one, but to watch his personality come out a little bit. Hes got a lot of confidence in what hes doing. He does not act like a rookie anymore on the practice field. Hes going to be important to what we do in the second half of the season.
link
Old 11-09-2012   #78
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The word "procedure" is so convenient.

They don't want to freak everybody out and just come out and say "Adamantium bonded to his skeleton". I mean, is that even legal?

So instead they say "procedure". Makes sense if you think about it.
Old 11-10-2012   #79
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
They don't want to freak everybody out and just come out and say "Adamantium bonded to his skeleton". I mean, is that even legal?

Aaaah... a Wolverine reference... MSR.

and you'd think they'd have done that on Cushing. He has the mentality for it.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #80
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 76785 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

I don't think so - he's a FA after this season - can you imagine the leverage that would give him?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read