Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2012   #81
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: week 10 VS Bears. Lets Predict :)

Interesting Stat:

If the game is close, Cutler has been the more reliable quarterback. He is 13-15 (.464) in fourth-quarter comeback opportunities compared to 7-21 (.250) for Schaub. Worse, Schaub is 3-18 (.143) in the clutch against teams .500 or better. Cutler is 5-10 (.333).

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #82
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 44533 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Texans win 35-10. Go look at Chicagos schedule and who they beat. They have feasted on lesser teams and BARLEY beat the Panthers.

Jay Cutler will pout.
Their LB'ers are old and our TE's will feast on that
Their o-line is terrible.
Texans come out with a mindset that the Packers game was an abberation and they will want to prove something.
While the Colts are now 6-3, the Bears beat them in Luck's first pro game.

After the Green Bay loss in week 2, they have not played a team with a winning record.

Their last six opponents have a record of 16-34. They are simply beating BAD teams, and the one game against a .500 team (Detroit) it was close at 13-7 even though it was a home game.

It's not hard to look good against Jacksonville, St Louis, Carolina, Tennessee and... Dallas!
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #83
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 314
Bears -3
Cause Stone Cold said so !
Old 11-10-2012   #84
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
The Bears live off turnovers, we (off the top of my head) have the fewest turnovers in the NFL (5 total). It is a bad match-up, for the Bears.

We're very similar teams. Strong opportunistic D, explosive and versatile running back, big playmaking wide receiver on the outside. The difference will probably be which quarterback handles the challenges better. We've all seen Schaub get flustered, but we've seen Cutler throw 4 picks as well.
I too think we are very similar. On paper, it's close. To me, that says it comes down to coaching. There's going to be one or two decisions that will make or break this game. If we were heads & shoulders better than the other team, I think we'd come out with a win. But being it's the Bears...

I don't know if them boys on Kirby can overcome the man behind the menu.
Old 11-10-2012   #85
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Bears 24
Texans 21

Bears kick a game winning field goal in the final drive of the game.
I can see our offense sputtering & failing on a "game winning drive" before I would think our defense would lose the game in the final seconds.

That's not going to happen.
Old 11-10-2012   #86
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I can see our offense sputtering & failing on a "game winning drive" before I would think our defense would lose the game in the final seconds.

That's not going to happen.
Yeah, I feel the same. If it comes down to the last drive of the game, I'd rather our defense be on the field.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #87
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My prediction 21-20 Texans

I also predict I will avoid the forum until after the game.

I was here during - GB
I was away - all the others
Old 11-10-2012   #88
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

KJac shuts down B. Marshall
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #89
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
KJac shuts down B. Marshall
Play on Playa

Old 11-11-2012   #90
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yeah, I feel the same. If it comes down to the last drive of the game, I'd rather our defense be on the field.

Yeah id say that... if it comes to one drive i would rather be the winning team
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #91
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 31
Bears 17

The weird thing is, I have ZERO worry or doubt about this game. Call it crazy naivety, but I think we're going to win and win easy.

I think Cutler is easily rattled and is his own worst enemy. It will come down to QB play and how keeps their cool. Schaub doesn't get rattled like Cutler, who is apt to melt down.

I think the Bears haven't faced a really good team this year.

I think the Texans have a lot of pride going into this game to erase the debacle of the GB game on Sunday Night Football.

I think they're over the "coming out slow" issue after the bye week hump.

And I just can't wait to rub this into all my hometown friends' faces on FB after we win.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #92
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Hou 23 chi 16
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #93
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

Sheets of rain coming in at Soldier Field right now. Gusts of wind making the goal posts shake. 68 degrees #Texans
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #94
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78568 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

Sheets of rain coming in at Soldier Field right now. Gusts of wind making the goal posts shake. 68 degrees #Texans
Wonder if the field is covered?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #95
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Bears will lose. They will go down the crapper...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read