Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2012   #61
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster back on MEAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
A lot of people are getting butt hurt over this new development.

Arian has let them down. Here they've been fighting the good fight, putting haters in their place...and all along he's been sneaking meat behind their backs.

A lot of emotions running high today.
Who!?!
I haven't seen any posts to that effect. Show us.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #62
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Who!?!
I haven't seen any posts to that effect. Show us.
All paraphrased, btw:

"This was happening well before now...which means he's been eating portions of meat all along." - buddyboy

"What? This is dumb! Why do we care about this?!?!? *Howard Dean scream*" -- TimeKiller

I could go on. You guys got all hot and bothered by the groundbreaking news this offseason that Foster was going vegan. We had no shortage of threads about it, people going to great lengths to make sure we all knew that vegan is most awesome...you can be a great athlete on it...Tony Gonzalez...blah blah blah.

Now that it gets revealed he hasn't been religiously following the diet, in contrast to how it had been reported many months ago, and it's now "Well, this shows he HAS been eating portions of meat and therefore his 'different appearance thus far' is not from lack of meat." or "This doesn't even matter! Who gives a flip?!?!"

LOL. When people have to eat some crow, they usually squirm out of it. Find ways to minimize it or dismiss the topic altogether. Or make fun of the minority of posters who called him out on it long ago and never were fazed by the jeers. Take your pick. It's all so very funny to me.

Do we need to continue, or is it pretty clear how I feel about it?
Old 11-09-2012   #63
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Blasphemy!

You do THAT when you could have done THIS instead:

Just chatted with the Tyler Rose today. Good man.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #64
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

How long has he been doing this? Because his last 2 games he's averaged 4.9 yards per carry, WAY up from the 3.7 he was at before the the Baltimore game.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #65
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All paraphrased, btw:

"This was happening well before now...which means he's been eating portions of meat all along." - buddyboy

"What? This is dumb! Why do we care about this?!?!? *Howard Dean scream*" -- TimeKiller

I could go on. You guys got all hot and bothered by the groundbreaking news this offseason that Foster was going vegan. We had no shortage of threads about it, people going to great lengths to make sure we all knew that vegan is most awesome...you can be a great athlete on it...Tony Gonzalez...blah blah blah.

Now that it gets revealed he hasn't been religiously following the diet, in contrast to how it had been reported many months ago, and it's now "Well, this shows he HAS been eating portions of meat and therefore his 'different appearance thus far' is not from lack of meat." or "This doesn't even matter! Who gives a flip?!?!"

LOL. When people have to eat some crow, they usually squirm out of it. Find ways to minimize it or dismiss the topic altogether. Or make fun of the minority of posters who called him out on it long ago and never were fazed by the jeers. Take your pick. It's all so very funny to me.

Do we need to continue, or is it pretty clear how I feel about it?
I remember folks being alarmed and worried that lack of meat in his diet would affect his performance. I also recall the examples others pointed to that vegan or vegetarian diet was/is used by other successful athletes. So the "it doesn't matter" viewpoint is not a change for some of us. I said "us" because I was in the "he ought to know what he's doing camp so why worry about it" I suppose what grated on me was that every time something didn't go well for Foster the vegan thing was pointed to. So maybe I should rejoice since he's been "off the wagon" (if he was ever totally on it) for some time, then those "he needs to eat meat, dammit" assertions were so much B/S weren't they? Right...? Those are the folks who are eating crow because the "no meat = under performing" had no basis since his diet never really went totally meatless...
You're right. It is kinda funny.
Old 11-10-2012   #66
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
How long has he been doing this? Because his last 2 games he's averaged 4.9 yards per carry, WAY up from the 3.7 he was at before the the Baltimore game.
Makes a person wonder, huh?
Old 11-10-2012   #67
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Makes a person wonder, huh?
yeah... if he ever went with it beyond a month or so.

...if that.

so much consternation over a non-issue.
it IS funny when you think about it
Old 11-10-2012   #68
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya gotta eat your beef to get your steroids in. Either that or race horse meat...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #69
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I had mentioned this before.
The reason Foster's average was low is because we used him in short yardage situations or to run out the clock a lot. These are the times when the defense stacks the LOS, making it difficult to gain a lot of yards.

The last two games, there were only 6 instances that we use Foster in short yardage (3rd or 4th and 3 yard or less, or 3 yards from the opponent's goal-line.)
That's 3 per game.

A couple of weeks ago, I counted the previous games (I don't remember if I counted the first 5 or 6 games) and the total was 31.
Let's say it was through 6 games, he still averaged a hair more than 5 such carries per game (2 more than the last two games.)

There was no other back in the league that is even close to those counts.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #70
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
In school I had friends who were 'just going through a phase' that lasted longer than that. I bet it was the bacon tha did for him.
I went through a vegetarian phase. Then I took a trip up to my home town of Chicago and couldn't resist and Italian beef sandwich. Phase over. You southerners wouldn't understand the omnomnom goodness that is an Italian beef.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #71
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Blasphemy!

You do THAT when you could have done THIS instead:

These are good in RB&R. That's red beans & rice.

That reminds me, I gotta make some RB&R or gumbo soon.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read