Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-08-2012   #101
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South .. that cake looks to be turning to mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Colts are 5-3 and only 2 games behind us. As with the Texans they have their own destiny in their hands so the "mud" walk will start the 2 out of the last 3 weeks...
Yeah, just looking at that.

If the Colts beat (1-7) Jacksonville and the Texans lose at Chicago, both plausible, we are only 1 game up on Andrew & Co.

Just saw Colts players are shaving their heads in support of Pagano. Those boys feeling like they have a bit more to play for. Cake getting muddy.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #102
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw Dis we control or own destiny !!!!!!! If the texans choke it it will not be because of the colts or pats it will be on the texans
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #103
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Screw Dis we control or own destiny !!!!!!! If the texans choke it it will not be because of the colts or pats it will be on the texans
Puctuation or lower/higher, wow.
Old 11-08-2012   #104
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yeah, just looking at that.

If the Colts beat (1-7) Jacksonville and the Texans lose at Chicago, both plausible, we are only 1 game up on Andrew & Co.
The Jags are on our schedule too.... twice, so I'm not worried about the Colts beating the Jags. I've already accepted it as fact.

I'm more worried about them beating New England or even Detroit. The way they've been playing lately, it's hard to tell who they really are. If it's the emotion thing & they can keep it going for another few weeks, yeah, the AFC South has gotten really tight & this division may be up for grabs.

Chicago, New England, Detroit even Minnesota & especially the Colts game would slide closer to "must wins"

We're in the lead so far, but (in a way) I'd like to see the Colts make a race of it. I have my doubts about Kubiak's ability to produce with that kind of pressure. Yeah, I'd like to see a Super Bowl, but if he can't handle a little push by the Colts, he wasn't going to get us a Super Bowl anyway.

jmo.
Old 11-09-2012   #105
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I will never understand the fans who say they WANT to face the toughest opponents. They WANT to see a race of it between us and another team.

I really fail to grasp the thought process.

Whether we beat the Washington Generals or the NFC Probowl team, I could give a rat's ass. Winning is all that matters, and if we have an easier time of it then so be it. Good for us. We damn sure deserve a few breaks, tbh.
Old 11-09-2012   #106
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I will never understand the fans who say they WANT to face the toughest opponents. They WANT to see a race of it between us and another team.

I really fail to grasp the thought process.

Whether we beat the Washington Generals or the NFC Probowl team, I could give a rat's ass. Winning is all that matters, and if we have an easier time of it then so be it. Good for us. We damn sure deserve a few breaks, tbh.
There's something to be said for facing the toughest of the lot though. Many a team in all sports have found out that they weren't as good as they thought they were when they faced a team that could match up with them...See the ATL falcons in 2010 & the Dallas Cowboys in 2009.

Teams that match up with you give you a better idea of how good you really are.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #107
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
There's something to be said for facing the toughest of the lot though. Many a team in all sports have found out that they weren't as good as they thought they were when they faced a team that could match up with them...See the ATL falcons in 2010 & the Dallas Cowboys in 2009.

Teams that match up with you give you a better idea of how good you really are.
Well, in that case the NY Football Giants have recently been one of the worst regular season teams who actually went on to run the table in the playoffs and become the best team in the end.

How does it matter for us to find out how well we are in the reg season when you cannot win the Super Bowl without going undefeated in the playoffs?

I just want a trophy. Isn't that good enough? LOL.
Old 11-09-2012   #108
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We damn sure deserve a few breaks, tbh.
yup

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read