Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2012   #81
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (Alan Burge column) Tate a happy Texan; Ryan Mathews "scared" he'd be a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If I were Tate, I'd think I would be happier as the starting RB for the Chargers. That team would be 6-2 right now if that were the case.

If I were Tate.

If I were Ryan, I'd still be happy being the starter in SD than being the back up in Houston.
If I were Tate, I'd be more worried about me getting healthy for a better deal from another team. With his health this season, I doubt the "San Diego Not so Super Chargers" would be any better off than they are now although I might, maybe, possibly concede one more game in the win column.
Old 11-02-2012   #82
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Not necessarily true. Keep in mind all of the talk in training camp was how good Arian looked and he was listed as the #1, even though people already penciled in Tate as the starter.

Sure, it didn't help that Tate got injured in the pre-season. Also, maybe Ryan would have really impressed and out-performed Arian in the pre-season to claim the starting spot. But at the same time, no guarantee Ryan would have been the starter. IMO, he would have been #2.
You're not taking a rb that early and sitting him behind an udfa.

He would have started and foster would have backed him up.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012   #83
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: (Alan Burge column) Tate a happy Texan; Ryan Mathews "scared" he'd be a Texan

Quote:
If I were Tate, I'd think I would be happier as the starting RB for the Chargers. That team would be 6-2 right now if that were the case.
Quote:
Whoa..... I didn't say they would be 6-2. I'm saying a competitor like Ben Tate wouldn't let their current record distract him from wanting to be a starter & going to a team where he has reasonable expectations of being a starter. Even with Matthews there, he probably thinks he would have won the job by now & they'd be on a 5 game win streak.
Old 11-02-2012   #84
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Perhaps Fiddler had a tip of the sounge.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #85
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Perhaps Fiddler had a tip of the sounge.
He says one thing, then when challenged...he says "that's not what I said."

Old 11-03-2012   #86
GP 
Go Texans!

Sorry, Fiddler/TK...it's a pattern you have.

You flat out said one thing, then said that's not what you said. And I don't even get your explanation of how you were misinterpreted. If you were misinterpreted, I suggest re-thinking a post before hitting "submit"...it could save a lot of time for everyone. Not being hateful just saying that I really, genuinely do not get your explanation on this.

This is up there with you saying Steve Slaton was running better in 2010 than he was in 2008...then saying that's not what you said, that we had misconstrued your comments.

When you say "Running BETTER than..." it means he was better in his worst year than he was in his best year.

When you say "Ben Tate would be looking at a 6-2 record if he were on the Chargers" that means you think Ben Tate is that big of a difference maker on a pretty flimsy Chargers team.

In both instances, you're suspending reality in favor of some other criterion. You said Slaton ran better in 2010 but his stats didn't show it because of many factors, and now you're saying the stats for the Chargers would be better if Tate were a RB there. It's a pattern.
Old 11-03-2012   #87
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what I got out of this thread:

Fiddler is apparently Thunderkysss.

Mind=Blown.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #88
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

WHY do you guys dig up OLD threads???? This was started TWO flippin years ago!! Geeeezzzz!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #89
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
WHY do you guys dig up OLD threads???? This was started TWO flippin years ago!! Geeeezzzz!
It's the bye week blues...we got da bye week blues...oooooh!
Da bye week blues.
We ain't got nuthin' worth talking 'bout, 'cept a dirty old thread...
It gonna' take a Texans-Bills game to get da blues out of our head!
The bye week blues...
Old 11-03-2012   #90
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's the bye week blues...we got da bye week blues...oooooh!
Da bye week blues.
We ain't got nuthin' worth talking 'bout, 'cept a dirty old thread...
It gonna' take a Texans-Bills game to get da blues out of our head!
The bye week blues...
LOL!! It's not the bye week dufus!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #91
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
LOL!! It's not the bye week dufus!!!
It is too. Two weeks worth.

You trying to tell me my blues are only good for one week? You can't tell a man how long his blues last. They deep, SheTexan. Deep as that Gulf water. And muddy too. Nasty. Full of cloudy vision and BP sludge and stuff.

OOOOOoooooh! I got dem bye week blues!
Old 11-08-2012   #92
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Sorry, Fiddler/TK...it's a pattern you have.
I think it's a reading comprehension problem. I have not made a statement of any kind of what I think the Chargers would do with Ben Tate as their starting RB.

I said, If I were Ben Tate, I wouldn't look at that record & think that team sucks. If I were Ben Tate I would think that any team I am starting on would be a winning team. He probably said the same thing when he was drafted by the Texans. Probably thought he'd be the starting running back & that we would be successful because of it.

I have yet to state what I think the Chargers would have done if Ben Tate was their starting running back. I have stated several times what I think Ben Tate would think if he was the starting running back.

& as far as Steve Slaton, no, you will never see what I was seeing. Your opinion is based on his stats. He ran for a lot of yards that one year. But if you go back to the game logs, you'll see there were several runs for short gains. If you can find the film, you'll see a lot of his runs came after he was initially stopped, ran into a pile, then somehow or another managed to stay on his feet, cut back the other way & make a big gain after everyone else was trapped in the pile.

The year I said he was running better, was the year he was actually seeing the holes & hitting them. Not being touched for several yards beyond the LOS.

He was running better, not getting many opportunities for other reasons, so his stats suffered.

I'm not the only one who mentioned that about Slaton. I may be the only one to stick it out there & say that Slaton was running better. But I am not alone in my observations.

Same thing when looking at Myers & Kj. I see the talent, I see the consistency, I see the ability to make plays. You & several others see stats. Once the rest of the team got better around those two players, then everyone can see how good they really are. You & they are looking at trailing indicators, I'm looking at leading indicators.

If you don't get me, that's fine.
Old 11-09-2012   #93
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
This is what I got out of this thread:

Fiddler is apparently Thunderkysss.

Mind=Blown.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read