Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-08-2012   #81
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts/Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
uggggg i hate flag football, why is a QB so much more special than a RB or WR ??? To me if he has the balls to run it than he has the balls to take a hit, it wasnt helmet to helmet. Wish i had lived in the 20's when they didnt even have face masks
Because that's what God'ell and the owners want. They're protecting their investment.

Sux for the long time NFL fans though. Rules like this are going to cost the NFL fans one day.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #82
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Guys, cmon. If we need the Jaguars to beat the Colts in order for us to feel confident about winning the division then we aren't as good as we think we are.

We play the Colts twice in December. As long as we take care of business at that time all will be fine. The Colts are playing with a lot of heart for their coach right now. I have to respect that.
The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting. - Sun Tzu. So if we can get other teams to do our dirty work Yaaay us!!

And that the Colts are playing for their coach and shaving their heads in support for him is a great story and I salute them for it. I do. I also want them to lose a few more games. If they finish 8-8 - with a few more division losses - it's still a great story because no on expected them to do even that well.

If the division crown is decided - meaning in our hands - by the time we have to play the Colts in mid/late December, Yaaaay us!! We can rest nicked up starters and use those games as tune-ups for the playoffs by giving back-ups valuable game-time snaps.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #83
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
A little off topic, but you'll never see me in a game day thread again. I've come to the conclusion it's bad luck for me to even look in one. Even as early as 12:01 am the morning of.
Hey, I ain't mad atcha... This season I've stop watching games real time and have taken to playing golf on Sundays (FYI, golfing is only slightly less stressful). The only game I watched real time was Green Bay; I played golf during the rest of them. This may kill me during the playoffs.

...now if I can just find someplace to play night golf this week.....

...it's only weird, if it doesn't work.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #84
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting. - Sun Tzu. So if we can get other teams to do our dirty work Yaaay us!!

And that the Colts are playing for their coach and shaving their heads in support for him is a great story and I salute them for it. I do. I also want them to lose a few more games. If they finish 8-8 - with a few more division losses - it's still a great story because no on expected them to do even that well.

If the division crown is decided - meaning in our hands - by the time we have to play the Colts in mid/late December, Yaaaay us!! We can rest nicked up starters and use those games as tune-ups for the playoffs by giving back-ups valuable game-time snaps.

The more I think about it, the more I am OK with the Colts having a respectable season.

1) I still think the Texans will win the division
2) the 2014 Draft...I want the Colts picking in the 20s not the top 10.

Thinking long term vs. just this season. It may be better to have the Colts draft power going forward.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #85
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree with Stan. And the Jags are a truly awful team and really I don't see any hope for them in the near future. They could've had every single call go their way last night and they still would've lost. They have the worst QB in the league and they're probably going to have to stick with him for at least another season. They'll probably get the first overall pick next year and will somehow blow that like they always do.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #86
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

No, play to win every single game, every time you take the field. Remember what's "best in life"

Crush your division opponents, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fans.
Old 11-09-2012   #87
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I really had a bad attitude last night.

When I want the Jags to act like men and beat the Colts, they won't do it. Worthless trash. They should have not even taken the field last night.

Personally, I think Luck is accurate but he's also getting a bit of a "pass" so to speak thus far in the season. The Jags are not going to get a pass rush on anyone anytime soon.

I want to see what Luck does when he's backpedaling and running for cover under REAL duress from a REAL defense. When the little passes to his outlet receiver (usually the RB) are shut down by a team like ours.

The Jags had a chance to show some balls. Instead, they laid down and whimpered. Tucked their tails between their legs. Might as well move them to France.
Old 11-09-2012   #88
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I really had a bad attitude last night.

When I want the Jags to act like men and beat the Colts, they won't do it. Worthless trash. They should have not even taken the field last night.

Personally, I think Luck is accurate but he's also getting a bit of a "pass" so to speak thus far in the season. The Jags are not going to get a pass rush on anyone anytime soon.

I want to see what Luck does when he's backpedaling and running for cover under REAL duress from a REAL defense. When the little passes to his outlet receiver (usually the RB) are shut down by a team like ours.

The Jags had a chance to show some balls. Instead, they laid down and whimpered. Tucked their tails between their legs. Might as well move them to France.
Watch the Bears/Colts game then. He was under pressure most of the game and didn't handle it well. He will certainly have a hard time with our pass rush.
Old 11-09-2012   #89
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Colts/Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Watch the Bears/Colts game then. He was under pressure most of the game and didn't handle it well. He will certainly have a hard time with our pass rush.
I've also noticed that when he's under pressure, he will tend to force the ball into double coverage.......smacking lips............
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #90
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Agree with Stan. And the Jags are a truly awful team and really I don't see any hope for them in the near future. They could've had every single call go their way last night and they still would've lost. They have the worst QB in the league and they're probably going to have to stick with him for at least another season. They'll probably get the first overall pick next year and will somehow blow that like they always do.
Place kicker in the 3rd. Calling it now.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read