Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-01-2012   #401
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Are TE and WR interchangeable in your league? This is tough. I think I would go AJ and Decker though. AJ has played well the last few weeks and I think he'll have a big game.

I need some suggestions of my own if anyone can help.

I need to choose 1 out of these 3.

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd
It's a toss up between Decker and Fitz but I would start Decker.
Old 11-01-2012   #402
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are TE and WR interchangeable in your league? This is tough. I think I would go AJ and Decker though. AJ has played well the last few weeks and I think he'll have a big game.

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd
Fitzgerald by a lot in my opinion. He's getting more yards/targets and is going up against GB. They'll be throwing a lot
Old 11-01-2012   #403
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67767 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd
Decker has better quarteback play and is probably safer, that said, fitz is capable of going off and dominating a game with a few scores.

I'd play fitz unless the cards are playing a top tier defense.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012   #404
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Decker has better quarteback play and is probably safer, that said, fitz is capable of going off and dominating a game with a few scores.

I'd play fitz unless the cards are playing a top tier defense.
Arizona's QB play is just so bad. And even though Green Bay's D isn't great, I'm not confident in Skelton getting him the ball much. I'm fighting for the last playoff spot after starting the season 1-5, so I think I'll go with the safe pick for now.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012   #405
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the input guys!! Appreciate it!!

I'm going with AJ and Decker this week. Really hard to bench OD though!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #406
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4321 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

schaub or josh freeman
coon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #407
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Steve Jackson or Rashad Jennings? Jackson has been splitting time with Richardson (whom I also have) and has a tough match-up, where as Jennings is facing Indi. I could also keep in both by putting them at my flex over Torrey Smith or Kenny Britt (both also have good match-ups).
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #408
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 View Post
Steve Jackson or Rashad Jennings? Jackson has been splitting time with Richardson (whom I also have) and has a tough match-up, where as Jennings is facing Indi. I could also keep in both by putting them at my flex over Torrey Smith or Kenny Britt (both also have good match-ups).
I would go with Jennings and Smith.
Old 11-07-2012   #409
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 View Post
Steve Jackson or Rashad Jennings?
Jennings easily for me and Smith.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #410
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like some opinions on my QB situation. Starter is Aaron Rodgers, but he's on bye this week. I currently have Christian Ponder as my backup QB, but he has been horrible the last 3 weeks. My options on the waiver wire are:

Ponder vs Detroit
Schaub @ Chicago
Russell Wilson vs NYJ
Sanchez @ Seattle
Tannehill vs Tenn
Hasslebeck @ Miami

Schaub is on waivers until Friday, and I have a waiver in to swap Ponder for him. So I can change that if you guys think someone else would be better. Scoring is 1 point per 20 yards passing, 6 points per passing TD, -1 per INT.
Old 11-07-2012   #411
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hasslebeck @ Miami
Feel like he could be worth a look for the match-up. If I looked right Miami has one of the lowest passing defenses.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #412
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'd like some opinions on my QB situation. Starter is Aaron Rodgers, but he's on bye this week. I currently have Christian Ponder as my backup QB, but he has been horrible the last 3 weeks. My options on the waiver wire are:

Ponder vs Detroit
Schaub @ Chicago
Russell Wilson vs NYJ
Sanchez @ Seattle
Tannehill vs Tenn
Hasslebeck @ Miami

Schaub is on waivers until Friday, and I have a waiver in to swap Ponder for him. So I can change that if you guys think someone else would be better. Scoring is 1 point per 20 yards passing, 6 points per passing TD, -1 per INT.
Hasslebeck has been a pretty consistent 200 yards and a TD every week. Schaub gives you the shot at a 300 yard 3 TD game but I could also see 200 yards 0 TD's and a pick.

I would wait and see who clears waivers before making a decision. Waiver position can be gold, I saved mine all season and Saturday someone dropped Darren Sproles in a ppr league before news broke that he might only be out a week or two.
Old 11-07-2012   #413
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Hasslebeck has been a pretty consistent 200 yards and a TD every week. Schaub gives you the shot at a 300 yard 3 TD game but I could also see 200 yards 0 TD's and a pick.

I would wait and see who clears waivers before making a decision. Waiver position can be gold, I saved mine all season and Saturday someone dropped Darren Sproles in a ppr league before news broke that he might only be out a week or two.
Oh, I'm 8-1 at the top of the league by far. My wavier will be 12 until I lose the #1 spot, because it's always reverse order of the standings each week. No worries there. Hasslebeck is tempting too. I expect Tillman to play against the Texans, so I'm a bit weary of Schaub as well. None of these are a slam dunk
Old 11-07-2012   #414
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Oh, I'm 8-1 at the top of the league by far. My wavier will be 12 until I lose the #1 spot, because it's always reverse order of the standings each week. No worries there. Hasslebeck is tempting too. I expect Tillman to play against the Texans, so I'm a bit weary of Schaub as well. None of these are a slam dunk
Ah, that makes sense then. Yeah not a lot of great options for you, I'm looking for a bye week filler in my money league for Rodgers and I have Palmer and Freeman to pick from. How many people in your league?
Old 11-07-2012   #415
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Ah, that makes sense then. Yeah not a lot of great options for you, I'm looking for a bye week filler in my money league for Rodgers and I have Palmer and Freeman to pick from. How many people in your league?
12 team league. I'd go with Freeman if I were you. He's been much better the past few weeks, and SD is middle of the pack against QBs this year.
Old 11-07-2012   #416
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ponder vs Detroit
Schaub @ Chicago
Russell Wilson vs NYJ
Sanchez @ Seattle
Tannehill vs Tenn
Hasslebeck @ Miami
Tannehill against the Tacks for me, check his status.

Quote:
...I have Palmer and Freeman to pick from.
I'm going with Freeman.
Old 11-08-2012   #417
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Eli manning or Joe Flacco.
My opponent has Victor Cruz on his team.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #418
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 View Post
Eli manning or Joe Flacco.
Eli for me.
Old 11-09-2012   #419
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, I listened to you guys last week and it worked out GREAT! Bout killed me to bench OD, but, worked out in my favor.

This week! Two of the three. My gut tells me to bench AJ, but, CRAP, how do you bench AJ??????? We've been waiting for a breakout game, will this be it?? I say NO, not if he has Tillman on his arse all night. I'm leaning toward playing OD and Decker. CONVIENCE ME this is the right thing to do!! THANKS!!

AJ
OD
Decker
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #420
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 37744 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

I need to start a third WR. I have Megatron and AJ Green at WR1 & 2.

Jeremy Maclin or Amendola?
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read