Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2012   #1
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans' Odds for SB

This thread is just about the odds being given to the Texans right now for being the favorite to win it all. Right now it's 3-1. Do you think it's too high or do you agree that the Texans should be the absolute favorite in the NFL?

This was discussed earlier on First Take, so that's why I'm asking Texans fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg6hMRBOwJI
Old 11-08-2012   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Texans' Odds for SB

I bet them to win the SB at 12/1 on July 16th, so 3/1 sounds OK to me now.
Old 11-08-2012   #3
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

I think 3-1 is too high for a win Id say 3-1 to get there
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I bet them to win the SB at 12/1 on July 16th, so 3/1 sounds OK to me now.
If you could trade in your betting stub for 4:1 payout today would you do it?
Old 11-08-2012   #5
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

well if I had placed a bet at 3/1 and could get a new ticket today at 4/1 for it of course Id trade it as the odds are better and the potential payout is 33% higher

edit: I thought you quoted me at 3/1
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #6
OilerTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
This thread is just about the odds being given to the Texans right now for being the favorite to win it all. Right now it's 3-1. Do you think it's too high or do you agree that the Texans should be the absolute favorite in the NFL?

If more dollars are bet on us than any other team, then we are the realistic favorite if not the media or fan favorite. Vegas will take a cut, so if they're paying 3 to 1, our odds might be 4 to 1. Some of the NFC teams might be the favorite if they switched places with the Texans, but as it is they have a tougher road to the SB in the NFC.

I think Vegas is fairly close to the best available odds. Texans' fans are too emotionally biased to call this one accurately. On the pick'em thread many fans are just predicting a loss so that it won't hurt as bad if that happens, knowing that they'll be happy if the Texans win anyway.

I do think that the Texans' players had better feel like they're going to win, or they don't have much of a chance. That's an advantage the Patriots will have over us if we meet them in the Championship game. Bill "the cheater" will have them thinking they will win, while Kubs will be more nervous, subliminally telling our players they will lose. A big play early, like the Watt pick-6, would really help.
OilerTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTexan View Post
If more dollars are bet on us than any other team, then we are the realistic favorite if not the media or fan favorite. Vegas will take a cut, so if they're paying 3 to 1, our odds might be 4 to 1. Some of the NFC teams might be the favorite if they switched places with the Texans, but as it is they have a tougher road to the SB in the NFC.

I think Vegas is fairly close to the best available odds. Texans' fans are too emotionally biased to call this one accurately. On the pick'em thread many fans are just predicting a loss so that it won't hurt as bad if that happens, knowing that they'll be happy if the Texans win anyway.

I do think that the Texans' players had better feel like they're going to win, or they don't have much of a chance. That's an advantage the Patriots will have over us if we meet them in the Championship game. Bill "the cheater" will have them thinking they will win, while Kubs will be more nervous, subliminally telling our players they will lose. A big play early, like the Watt pick-6, would really help.
I can't wait to see another one of those! I think Sunday night would be a great time to see it.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2012   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Nah. I like my chances. It is still gambling, after all.
Old 11-08-2012   #9
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 175288 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post

Look for the odds to go down after the Bears game.
...even if we win.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #10
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

We are going to go to new england later in the year and make the patriots silly. i like it how that guy is saying ewwww baltimore can win the AFC but the texans cant because they lost to GB 42-24. Didnt we beat the ravens 43-13 ??? What a joke....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read