Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2012   #21
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans logo makeover and rest of NFL

My bad..

Can't mix up a viking for a gaul..

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Errr, that's Hagar the Horrible.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #22
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, the Cowboys one is cruel

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #23
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

To the astros..

I bet cowboy fan would trade "the face" for jim crane in a heartbeat!

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Damn, the Cowboys one is cruel
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #24
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

For some reason when I saw our logo, I took it as bucking the Cowboys out of being the favorite football team in Texas. That may be looking into it too much though.

They did the Chiefs and Titans sorry. LOL!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #25
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Go watch any video of the running of the bulls in Pamplona, and you'll see why it's drawn that way..

TJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
No if we was getting bucked off his head would be going forward, but his head is going back like he just got gored and tossed back.
'eh, that's cool. I don't have a strong enough opinion about it to really debate it, much less care. I'll take y'all's word for it.

I think it's trying too hard when you have to think about it at all. Most of the other logos are instant understanding. Ours was just kinda' weak, IMO.

Just for fun, though...

Old 11-07-2012   #26
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont get the steelers logo
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I dont get the steelers logo
I think it's a dig at their alternate unis:

Old 11-07-2012   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I don't understand the Bengals logo. The Broncos one is funny (and accurate)
The Bengal's stripes have been modified so they say "WEAK".
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #29
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
For some reason when I saw our logo, I took it as bucking the Cowboys out of being the favorite football team in Texas. That may be looking into it too much though.

Exactly, it's us bucking the Cowboys off!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

I didn't see your post, but good point!

I did ask Kurt Snibbe to clarify, just out of curiousity. Somebody (not him) already replied "It is bucking the texans aren't good enough to gore someone". Yeah, riiiiiiight *cough*loser*cough*
Old 11-07-2012   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203861 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
'eh, that's cool. I don't have a strong enough opinion about it to really debate it, much less care. I'll take y'all's word for it.

I think it's trying too hard when you have to think about it at all. Most of the other logos are instant understanding. Ours was just kinda' weak, IMO.

Just for fun, though...

I believe that the illustrator is making fun of our Texans (like some of the other logos are doing of their respective teams). That looks more like a cow bucking than a bull. Some are not still convinced the Texans, despite their record, are worthy of mention amongst the elite. Now, maybe if the illustrator would have drawn in some cajones......................

Quote:
Imagine my amazement when I opened my newsletter yesterday, and there was my baby girl, Cali Rae- bucking the lights out. I figure there are going to be folks out there who are not familiar with bucking bred cattle and so am posting this entry to make sure you all know that these animals are not made to buck, they are bred to buck and then treated so well that they feel wonderful, and demonstrate their athletic abilities with little encouragement.

Cali Rae is the first calf to be born here are the 4B Ranch. That was two and a half years ago now. The photo in the Jan 22, 09 newsletter was taken at Buckin Buckley last June when we bucked all our unbred females to make sure they had the athletic ability and temprament for this sport. They had only a flank rope looped around their hips, which they were easily able to kick off in 6 seconds.

Professionally, only bulls are bucked as females are more valuable for breeding.
link
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #32
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

omg... they're all pretty bad... nice one ESPN... :I
Old 11-07-2012   #33
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102181 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I don't get ours.
"kicking their ass" or "cant hang with us"
Old 11-08-2012   #34
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol, cowboys is Astros star.
Its ment to signify a broken star, although they use the astros logo
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Wink Re: Texans logo makeover and rest of NFL

Quote:
No we are bucking our opponents out! We are bull dozing other teams. Not a monkey, it's a person with shoes.
Quote:
yeah, saw the shoes, but he's getting bucked off not run over...
Quote:
Go watch any video of the running of the bulls in Pamplona, and you'll see why it's drawn that way..

TJ
Quote:
No if we was getting bucked off his head would be going forward, but his head is going back like he just got gored and tossed back.
hmmm...how should I say this...I know! I was right and you were wrong!

Straight from the writer himself:

Quote:
KurtSnibbe

I was going for throwing anyone off that's trying to ride them. Rodeo!

Source
He was complimenting the Texans!

just havin' some fun with y'all...
Old 11-08-2012   #36
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Obelix on the Vikings is fantastic!

TJ
I might be the only other guy here who knows who Obelix is. lol
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #37
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
I might be the only other guy here who knows who Obelix is. lol
You might be surprised.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #38
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You might be surprised.
Indeed. *
Old 11-08-2012   #39
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
hmmm...how should I say this...I know! I was right and you were wrong!

Straight from the writer himself:

He was complimenting the Texans!

just havin' some fun with y'all...
Damn, we'll you were right! And the writer is an idiot for using that illustration.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #40
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Its ment to signify a broken star, although they use the astros logo
I thought it was meant to signify that the cowboys were as piss poor as the Astros.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read