Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2012   #21
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we using Foster correctly?

Quote:
Re: Are we using Foster correctly?
Why? Do we have him waiting tables or something? Personally, I think he should be returning kicks and holding on FGs. At least that way he can be doing something useful.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #22
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 126 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
According to ESPN, through yesterday's game, Foster had been targeted 26 times this year (or 3.25 times per game). While it is down from prior years (5.4/game for '10 and '11 combined), it's not exactly 1 per game. More importantly is that of those 26 targets, he has 12 receptions or a completion rate of 46.1%. In 2010 and 2011, his completion rate was 78.6 and 73.6 percent respectively.

2012 Stats: (Foster is #218 after this week's game)
LINK

Career Stats:
LINK
He only has 4 drops on the season. That to me is NOT cause for concern.

Source http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb...e=NFL&rank=232
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #23
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Texan View Post

Is that all? I'd have sure lost that bar bet. Seems like a few more than that. Glad to see I'm wrong and recalled incorrectly.

Go #23!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #24
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's not even close to correct, I'll pull up exact times later tonight after my daughter racks out if need be.
Old 11-06-2012   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I might actually be cool with us using him as an ILB!!
How is he a kicking off? We could use a boost there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #26
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster had a few drops in the preseason.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #27
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

People are worried about the over abundace carries he is getting and now people are concerned about the amount of passes

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #28
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 126 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
That's not even close to correct, I'll pull up exact times later tonight after my daughter racks out if need be.
This number is only dropped passes that should have been caught. These do not include throws at his feet or over his head or batted or passes knocked away by defenders.
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #29
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This number is only dropped passes that should have been caught. These do not include throws at his feet or over his head or batted or passes knocked away by defenders.
Like I said, not even close to correct. I've rewatched every game a few times this season and it's a lot more than that as far as catchable balls.
Old 11-07-2012   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Like I said, not even close to correct. I've rewatched every game a few times this season and it's a lot more than that as far as catchable balls.
Still awaiting your assessment, Mister-I-know-better-than-the-official-NFL-statisticians...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #31
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Game 1 vs Miami

11:29 in the 1q, over the middle, ball hits foster nice and soft and slips right right through his hands with nobody within 4 yards

7:20 1q on a slip screen ball is thrown high but catchable, ball deflected off foster's hands.

Game 2 vs Jax

9:35 1q dumpoff over the middle/left and hits foster right in the hands, drops it.

I'll watch the denver game later today and further update.
Old 11-07-2012   #32
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Game 1 vs Miami

11:29 in the 1q, over the middle, ball hits foster nice and soft and slips right right through his hands with nobody within 4 yards

7:20 1q on a slip screen ball is thrown high but catchable, ball deflected off foster's hands.

Game 2 vs Jax

9:35 1q dumpoff over the middle/left and hits foster right in the hands, drops it.

I'll watch the denver game later today and further update.
Two games and you're up to two. That "high but catchable" is subjective and therefore disallowed by the judges.

What would really be interesting is to see how your assessment - for each game - compares with the official stat-keepers for the NFL. I'm sure you're convinced that what you see is correct - all humans have that fault - just as I'm sure that those Stat.com guys think they know what a "drop" is and what it isn't.

My question is, So WHAT? We're 7-1 and none of those drops cost us a win. So, so what if Foster dropped 4 or 40? When one of these "drops" costs us a game, we'll all be screaming.
Me included.
Until then... meh.

oh and....
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #33
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Two games and you're up to two. That "high but catchable" is subjective and therefore disallowed by the judges.

What would really be interesting is to see how your assessment - for each game - compares with the official stat-keepers for the NFL. I'm sure you're convinced that what you see is correct - all humans have that fault - just as I'm sure that those Stat.com guys think they know what a "drop" is and what it isn't.

My question is, So WHAT? We're 7-1 and none of those drops cost us a win. So, so what if Foster dropped 4 or 40? When one of these "drops" costs us a game, we'll all be screaming.
Me included.
Until then... meh.

oh and....
I'm as much of a kool-aid guy as most folks, but saying we're 7-1 shouldn't be a catch-all (pun intended) response for any thread/post questioning the Texans.

As to the drops, while on a basis that is admittedly both anecdotal and subjective, I question the accuracy of the statistic of four drops. On a completely objective and stat-driven level, I'll point out that even taking the four drops as absolutely accurate, that puts Foster at tied for 20th in drops, and tied for 136th in targets.

LINK
Old 11-07-2012   #34
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I'm as much of a kool-aid guy as most folks, but saying we're 7-1 shouldn't be a catch-all (pun intended) response for any thread/post questioning the Texans.

As to the drops, while on a basis that is admittedly both anecdotal and subjective, I question the accuracy of the statistic of four drops. On a completely objective and stat-driven level, I'll point out that even taking the four drops as absolutely accurate, that puts Foster at tied for 20th in drops, and tied for 136th in targets.

LINK
This. Assuming the stats are correct, he has had 16 catchable balls thrown at him and dropped 4. That's not good, that's really bad.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read