Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2012   #61
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Battle of Super Bowl hopefuls set for 'Sunday Night Football'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Nobody cares about your constant doom and gloom on here. Here I'll help, just click here www.houstontexans.com and don't come back.
Nate... This is off topic but your avi (Schaub's pic) for some reason, really creeps me out and has for a really long time....

BTW, I agree with the "doom and gloom" from that dude.... Somehow being 7-1 sucks??????? I hope he takes advantage of the link you provided!

That said and totally irrelevant, I expect the Texans to play a way better game than they did v. the Green Bay game. I think (obviously) they have a chance to win but my gut tells me they will lose in a close game....

FOOTBALL GODS, PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG.... I COMPEL YOU!!
Old 11-06-2012   #62
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

It is like extreme a half empty VS a half full kinda thing may be? No matter what you say to the one who is extreme a half empties, will not going to change their points of view. This is how it is. I guess, this is a kind of uniqueness makes us as human being.

I hope the Texans comes up with W against Bears!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #63
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I have not been this pumped up for a regular season game in a while. We are about to find out what this team is made of.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #64
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51680 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Nate... This is off topic but your avi (Schaub's pic) for some reason, really creeps me out and has for a really long time....

BTW, I agree with the "doom and gloom" from that dude.... Somehow being 7-1 sucks??????? I hope he takes advantage of the link you provided!
I do what I can, and to creep you out I must be really doing it right!
Old 11-07-2012   #65
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

As the week moves on I'm getting more and more nervous about this game. I'm normally something of a koolaide sipper when it comes to all things Texans but I'm just wondering if these guys are going to step up to the occasion on the road in prime-time.

I like the stats I'm reading and I think we're the better team, just hoping the Texans come out and stamp their authority on this game as they won't get another chance to beat a high-level NFC team until February.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #66
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'm actually not too nervous about this game at all. I mean, it's a road game, and anything can happen any given Sunday, but their OL is not good. I think Cutler is better than a lot of people give him credit for, and he makes some nails throws under pressure, but in the end, the Texans front seven is going to get after Cutler and harass him into making some mistakes. The Texans offense will probably play conservatively so as to not give the Bears any opportunities, and grind out a relatively slow scoring win.

Having said that, I'm sure I'll be nervous during the game while the contest is in doubt, but I expect a Texans win in the range of something like 23-16 (FG game).
Old 11-07-2012   #67
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm actually not too nervous about this game at all. I mean, it's a road game, and anything can happen any given Sunday, but their OL is not good. I think Cutler is better than a lot of people give him credit for, and he makes some nails throws under pressure, but in the end, the Texans front seven is going to get after Cutler and harass him into making some mistakes. The Texans offense will probably play conservatively so as to not give the Bears any opportunities, and grind out a relatively slow scoring win.

Having said that, I'm sure I'll be nervous during the game while the contest is in doubt, but I expect a Texans win in the range of something like 23-16 (FG game).
I think our defense is good against the pass because our guys get to the QB and hit them. And most QBs get rattled and start making bad throws because of that. Flacco and Fitzpatrick both had plenty of guys that were open that they just flat-out missed and I think it was because our defense got into their heads.

And that's what DIDN'T happen against Green Bay. Rodgers is just gutsy as hell and appears to be almost unrattleable.

I don't know how Cutler is going to react. I hope we get to him early and often and totally shake his cage. If we can do that and if he gets rattled by it (and starts bitching at his linemen), then I think we can win this thing. But it all depends on Cutler.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #68
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Would be nice if we come out blazing like the Denver game. Jump on them early and keep it coming. No mistakes in second half to keep a comfortable lead. Is it just me or have we not scored on our first possession for three games?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #69
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Would be nice if we come out blazing like the Denver game. Jump on them early and keep it coming. No mistakes in second half to keep a comfortable lead. Is it just me or have we not scored on our first possession for three games?
You mean the one where we came out blazing to a 0-5 deficit before turning it on and jumping all over them?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #70
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You mean the one where we came out blazing to a 0-5 deficit before turning it on and jumping all over them?
Yeah, they kept their composure and got after it. Table turned real quick. Took absolute control of the game away from denver
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #71
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Yeah, they kept their composure and got after it. Table turned real quick. Took absolute control of the game away from denver
I don't want to get down to that defense at all. We need to take the opening kick-off & run a 18 play 10 minute drive for a TD. Force a three & out, then go on an 8 minute drive for a second TD.

Force another three & out & run out the clock for the final 6 minutes of the first half, capping it off with a field goal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read