Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2012   #41
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes
Default Re: Battle of Super Bowl hopefuls set for 'Sunday Night Football'

i hope that matt schaub and the texans dont choke like they usually do in prime time games.

these are the type of games that schaub needs to do well in because it seems like every big road game schaub never can get it done.

there's a reason why schaub has yet to play in a playoff game.

He's a choker. he always plays like crap on the road and craps the bed in crucial situations vs elite teams.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #42
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Battle of Super Bowl hopefuls set for 'Sunday Night Football'

Sounds good to me. I am hoping the Texans put that perfect game together this weekend....

I dont think the Texans have had that kind of game yet and would love to see it happen this weekend. I can always hope.
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #43
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
i hope that matt schaub and the texans dont choke like they usually do in prime time games.

these are the type of games that schaub needs to do well in because it seems like every big road game schaub never can get it done.

He's a choker. he always plays like crap on the road and craps the bed in crucial situations vs elite teams.
Nobody cares about your constant doom and gloom on here. Here I'll help, just click here www.houstontexans.com and don't come back.
Old 11-06-2012   #44
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes you do.

And I'm pretty sure the only reason he didn't play in 2 playoff games last year was because he was injured, otherwise I think Kubes might've let him start over TJ.

But then again you probably just became a fan before they went to the playoffs last year so you probably didn't know Schaub was actually the starter before he was injured.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #45
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Nobody cares about your constant doom and gloom on here. Here I'll help, just click here www.houstontexans.com and don't come back.
so why are you quoting me? just ignore me. and no, ill be staying here.

deal with it.
Old 11-06-2012   #46
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Yes you do.

And I'm pretty sure the only reason he didn't play in 2 playoff games last year was because he was injured, otherwise I think Kubes might've let him start over TJ.

But then again you probably just became a fan before they went to the playoffs last year so you probably didn't know Schaub was actually the starter before he was injured.
ohh yea because matt schaub has only been a texan since last year.

good job. good effort.
Old 11-06-2012   #47
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

good job. good effort.
No, you just started following the team last year because you're a bandwagon fan.
Old 11-06-2012   #48
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

good job. good effort.
Oh yeah because QBs are the only reason a team wins or loses right? Forget the other 21 starting players, special teams...
Old 11-06-2012   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Take away my Uncle's penis and he's my aunt. They're 26th in offense, shut down the offense and control the ball and we've got a good chance of winning, but the truth of the matter is they still average 29.5 PPG. There's no taking away from that.
Texans at 29.6 and there's no taking away from that (if we hold on to the ball. lol)
Old 11-06-2012   #50
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Quote:
No, you just started following the team last year because you're a bandwagon fan.
you know nothing.

a bandwagon fan is someone who just came in when the team is doing good.

if i just started following the team last year up to this year, what do i have to complain about? have you seen my posts and threads?

if you had a modicum of intelligence and perceptual ability you would know that.
Old 11-06-2012   #51
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so why are you quoting me? just ignore me. and no, ill be staying here.

deal with it.
It's an intervention. We're all here to help.
Old 11-06-2012   #52
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine today.

They beat the Jets on MNF...on the road. Maybe you were a Texans fan by that point?

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, Captain Obvious, but the entire TEAM needs to perform well during big road games.

Quote:
I'd say there are a number of reasons, but mainly due to the fact that he was a backup QB in ATL and was traded to an expansion team going through a rebuild after a 2-14 season.

They finally went last year and dude was hurt. Can't fault him for that, although I know you will try your best to do so.

Quote:
ahhhh, the agenda. We know it, but do appreciate you reinforcing it with every post so anyone not quite sure has clarity.
Old 11-06-2012   #53
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Quote:
you know nothing.

a bandwagon fan is someone who just came in when the team is doing good.

if i just started following the team last year up to this year, what do i have to complain about? have you seen my posts and threads?

if you had a modicum of intelligence and perceptual ability you would know that.
Yes I've seen your many posts and threads in a month's time complaining about almost every facet of the team. Hard not to notice.
Old 11-06-2012   #54
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes I've seen your many posts and threads in a month's time complaining about almost every facet of the team. Hard not to notice.
It's kind of like coming in from the yard and smelling something awful. Then you pick up your shoe and realize....

Yep, I just read another post by DaTruthExplodes
Old 11-06-2012   #55
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine today.

They beat the Jets on MNF...on the road. Maybe you were a Texans fan by that point?
the jets. stop the presses. mission accomplished. we beat the jets.

totally erases our long and storied history of incompetence.

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, Captain Obvious, but the entire TEAM needs to perform well during big road games.

I'd say there are a number of reasons, but mainly due to the fact that he was a backup QB in ATL and was traded to an expansion team going through a rebuild after a 2-14 season.

They finally went last year and dude was hurt. Can't fault him for that, although I know you will try your best to do so.

ahhhh, the agenda. We know it, but do appreciate you reinforcing it with every post so anyone not quite sure has clarity.

the quarterback needs to perform even better than the rest. great qb play can mask deficiencies of other areas of the team.

Tom Brady didnt always have a great defense nor a great running back or wide receiver. Ditto aaron rodgers who won the superbowl with a injury ravaged team. ditto payton manning who always wins despite not having a defense.

All i hear from matt schaub stans is he doesnt have a great defense, he doesnt have a great coach, he doesnt have this, he doesnt have that.

always excuses. i hate to break it to you captain obvious, but you cant have 100% rosy conditions for your qb. You have to make do with what you have.

stop making excuses for matt schaub. every qb & team goes through adversity.
Old 11-06-2012   #56
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

totally erases our long and storied history of incompetence.

the quarterback needs to perform even better than the rest. great qb play can mask deficiencies of other areas of the team.

Tom Brady didnt always have a great defense nor a great running back or wide receiver. Ditto aaron rodgers who won the superbowl with a injury ravaged team. ditto payton manning who always wins despite not having a defense.

All i hear from matt schaub stans is he doesnt have a great defense, he doesnt have a great coach, he doesnt have this, he doesnt have that.

always excuses. i hate to break it to you captain obvious, but you cant have 100% rosy conditions for your qb. You have to make do with what you have.

Never seen anyone on this board say that Schaub was like Rogers/Manning/Brady. And anyone expecting that level of play is fooling themselves.

On another note, I guarantee, win or lose, this guy will be back sometime after next game to put another set of unrealistic expectations on Schaub/Kubiak.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #57
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Never seen anyone on this board say that Schaub was like Rogers/Manning/Brady. And anyone expecting that level of play is fooling themselves.

On another note, I guarantee, win or lose, this guy will be back sometime after next game to put another set of unrealistic expectations on Schaub/Kubiak.
what unrealistic expectations?

did you see my thread with my problems with kubiak post after the green bay game?

i swear kubiak read that post and he did exactly what i was complaining he didnt do the very next game.
Old 11-06-2012   #58
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never said anything about the quality of the Jets.

My statement refutes your claim: "i hope that matt schaub and the texans dont choke like they usually do in prime time games."

Quote:
The QB doesn't play defense. If we had even a mediocre D for the two seasons that Schaub passed for over 4000 yards the Texans would have probably went to the playoffs before 2011.

Quote:
Tom.Freakin'.Brady. Hall of Fame player. Yeah, let's use his career as an example. With the exception of a few QBs, most would look inadequate. ("ditto" Aaron Rodgers. "ditto" Peyton Manning)

However, you fail to understand the history of the Patriots and the great defenses that Brady had when he won three Super Bowls in four seasons.

Quote:

I'm a Texans fan, and Schaub is our QB. We are 7-1 in spite of sucking as bad as you seem to squeal with every post you make. Some of us can analyze without being homers or haters. Obviously a lost concept on someone like you.
Old 11-06-2012   #59
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Quote:
I never said anything about the quality of the Jets.

My statement refutes your claim: "i hope that matt schaub and the texans dont choke like they usually do in prime time games."
i said usually. you used what the 5th game of the season against a team playing without its best offensive and defensive players to refute that claim as if that somehow proved my point wrong.

it didnt.

Quote:
The QB doesn't play defense. If we had even a mediocre D for the two seasons that Schaub passed for over 4000 yards the Texans would have probably went to the playoffs before 2011.
woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Like i said, schaub isnt the only qb who has to work with a weak defense. If schaub is as elite as a lot of delusional texans fans claim and if kubiak is this great unappreciated offensive guru as a lot of texans fans claim,

the texans SHOULD HAVE PROBABLY made the playoffs.

Quote:
Tom.Freakin'.Brady. Hall of Fame player. Yeah, let's use his career as an example. With the exception of a few QBs, most would look inadequate. ("ditto" Aaron Rodgers. "ditto" Peyton Manning)
why shouldnt we compare schaub to elite qbs? dont we want to have high expectations of our qb? a pro bowl mvp?

how many texans fans have claimed schaub is elite? Ive heard jon gruden and phil simms say schaub is elite.

isnt brady, rogers, and manning elite? now all of a sudden its wrong to compare shcaub to those guys?

Quote:
However, you fail to understand the history of the Patriots and the great defenses that Brady had when he won three Super Bowls in four seasons.
again, a lot o texans fans claim shcuab and kubiak are great at their jobs but when you compare them to other great qbs and coaches all of a sudden its a problem.

brady and manning didnt always have great defenses backing them when they won. Not just during superbowl years but other years when they didnt win the superbowl but still managed to win and go to the playoffs.

if shcaub and kubiak is so great why cant they do the same?

all i see and hear is schaub and kubiak stans moving the goal posts and perpetually making excuses.

Quote:
I'm a Texans fan, and Schaub is our QB. We are 7-1 in spite of sucking as bad as you seem to squeal with every post you make. Some of us can analyze without being homers or haters. Obviously a lost concept on someone like you.

i am also a texan fan but i will call it the way i see it.

people think im a hater. no, i love the texans.

You cant love without hate. Do you have a wife or significant other? You cant really love them without hating them.

Old 11-06-2012   #60
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...Obviously a lost concept on someone like you.
No kidding, sheesh. Hopefully the things I'm seeingdisappear are permanent.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read