Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2012   #41
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: game notes

Foster isn't going to get to the line of scrimmage with Kyle Williams lining up in the backfield. I think the game he had was remarkable considering Myers was getting destroyed along with both guards.
Old 11-05-2012   #42
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 42174 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Enjoying 7-1 like a good fan should but I know it's because of Wade's defense and not Gary's offense.
?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
We have a top 10 offense. We are one of the top scoring offenses in the league. We are leading the league in time of possession. We are 7 and 1. We have outscored our opponents by 100 points this year, that is number 1 in the league.
^^^ Exactly!
Hard to please some people. Can't be watching the same football team as me. Only the Patriots score more points per game than the Texans. The Texans hold onto the ball more than any team in football, are the 6th BEST at converting on 3rd down (bolded for those of you who like to complain about running on 3rd and long), are tied for the most rushing TDs in the NFL.

What the hell else could they possibly do to please some of you? I think Gary's offense is just fine and has more than carried their share of the weight. It isn't ALL defense.

Again, some of y'all can't be watching the same football team I am.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #43
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
They are, but they're watching it with "still butt hurt because Kubiak wasn't fired" glasses.

And PandaPuffTexan, really? You start a thread and make that comment about Foster, and then when you don't like the reaction, you play the "I'm mentally ill" card. Are you kidding me?

You may be entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #44
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80155 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
They are, but they're watching it with "still butt hurt because Kubiak wasn't fired" glasses.

And PandaPuffTexan, really? You start a thread and make that comment about Foster, and then when you don't like the reaction, you play the "I'm mentally ill" card. Are you kidding me?

You may be entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
That would explain why he thought that the NFL team's salary cap was based on sales.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #45
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan View Post
heres what i took from the game

1. our first round pick is very very good
2. Foster is becoming a non factor
3. bills fans are very obnoxious (still getting the beer stain out my shirt when they dumped beer on me)
4. I question wither kubiak can really take us to superbowl,way to conservative.. 2nd and 20 and they run it?
I highly recommend you start a trade Arian Foster thread.
Old 11-05-2012   #46
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep so Aspergers...that affects your social interactions more than your ability to review a football game doesn't it?

So it isn't as if you can claim the way you view a football game is affected by your illness, although your ability to handle people disagreeing with you about your assessment may well be affected right?

Maybe you want to have a little think about whats going on here before you walk away.

Chucking out mental illness to try and make people feel bad for you isn't gonna wash matey, especially if it then transpires that your condition would have nothing to do with your ability to watch a running back rush for 111 yards and decide if he is relevant or not.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #47
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Yep so Aspergers...that affects your social interactions more than your ability to review a football game doesn't it?

So it isn't as if you can claim the way you view a football game is affected by your illness, although your ability to handle people disagreeing with you about your assessment may well be affected right?

Maybe you want to have a little think about whats going on here before you walk away.

Chucking out mental illness to try and make people feel bad for you isn't gonna wash matey, especially if it then transpires that your condition would have nothing to do with your ability to watch a running back rush for 111 yards and decide if he is relevant or not.
My niece has Aspberger's and she can perfectly dissect a Cowpie's game (She lives in Ft. Worth).
Old 11-06-2012   #48
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's "the turtle" when all three of the passes are thrown to a guy who's barely beyond the line of scrimmage which I thought I made clear. I said nothing about how he ended the game. There's a time when you certainly eat clock and smile. That was the end of this game. I'm just saying the issue was in doubt far too long (as it has often been during Gary's mostly .500 time here). I just don't like the way he calls games. Probably never will. Enjoying 7-1 like a good fan should but I know it's because of Wade's defense and not Gary's offense. Before Wade got here the O was inconsistent but talented and the D was broken. Wade's fixed the D but the O is still at times a mystery.

They come out like this against the Bears and it's going to be ugly next Sunday night.
I'm sorry... Just how many points does Wade's defense average per game???" And how many wins - assuming Kubiak's "inconsistent offense" goes scoreless - would that translate to?

Oh and since Wade's defense gives up an average of 17.1 pts/game they better score 18/game since the offense has had nothing to do with our 7-1 record.

/rant
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #49
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanprincess View Post
Things are good right now, but today's offense is not a Super Bowl winner. The play calling will have to be a lot better and Kubiak will need to get out of his conservative comfort zone for the Texans to have even a chance to win. As a fan, it would make me very happy if he would at least demonstrate that he can make the uncomfortable call from time to time.
Sooooo Kubiak taking a shot at the end zone late in the game when we were up 21-9 wasn't good enough for you??

The conservative, "turtle" call would have been to kick the 45 yd FG - we were on or around the 30 at the time. Yet Kubiak rolled the dice and went for the knockout.

I'll bet you didn't even notice that one.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #50
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Sooooo Kubiak taking a shot at the end zone late in the game when we were up 21-9 wasn't good enough for you??

The conservative, "turtle" call would have been to kick the 45 yd FG - we were on or around the 30 at the time. Yet Kubiak rolled the dice and went for the knockout.

I'll bet you didn't even notice that one.
Dude, it doesn't go along with peoples notions so they're not going to mention it. Truth is, Kubiak does not go "turtle". The players just may not execute the playcall. That was a ballsy playcall. And I loved it!
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #51
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEastwood View Post
Dude, it doesn't go along with peoples notions so they're not going to mention it. Truth is, Kubiak does not go "turtle". The players just may not execute the playcall. That was a ballsy playcall. And I loved it!
I didn't expect it. Prior to the play, during a timeout to begin the 3rd down call, the camera had Kubes talking to Wade on the sideline, and I'm guessing that Kube's is telling Wade that It's Buffalo's last time out, we're going to run, then punt and run as much time off the clock as possible, then it's on the D to finish the game, which I had NO problem with.

What shocked me more than going for it on 4th was rather than pick up 5 yds and allow another 4 downs for clock runoff, they went for a TD? Seemed like a low percentage play, when a TD really didn't make sense up by 11. Definitely out of character for Kubes.
Old 11-06-2012   #52
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
I didn't expect it. Prior to the play, during a timeout to begin the 3rd down call, the camera had Kubes talking to Wade on the sideline, and I'm guessing that Kube's is telling Wade that It's Buffalo's last time out, we're going to run, then punt and run as much time off the clock as possible, then it's on the D to finish the game, which I had NO problem with.

What shocked me more than going for it on 4th was rather than pick up 5 yds and allow another 4 downs for clock runoff, they went for a TD? Seemed like a low percentage play, when a TD really didn't make sense up by 11. Definitely out of character for Kubes.
I don't think it WAS out of character for Kubes. I think it's out of synch with the pre-conceived notions that a lot of people have about Kubes.

I think it showed just how much he trusts his defense and just how much he DOESN'T trust his special teams.

Kubes is going to play the percentages for most of the time and then take random unexpected shots. He's setting up tendencies so that later, teams are going to be expecting him to follow his tendencies and he's going to break out of the pattern to take a team by surprise.

For the most part, what people want to call "turtle" mode is just good, winning strategy.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #53
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
?????

^^^ Exactly!
Hard to please some people. Can't be watching the same football team as me. Only the Patriots score more points per game than the Texans. The Texans hold onto the ball more than any team in football, are the 6th BEST at converting on 3rd down (bolded for those of you who like to complain about running on 3rd and long), are tied for the most rushing TDs in the NFL.

What the hell else could they possibly do to please some of you? I think Gary's offense is just fine and has more than carried their share of the weight. It isn't ALL defense.

I think alot of the not pleasing comes from the fact that Eric Davis and LaDanian Tomlinson on NFL Network and the entire ESPN crew can, with a straight face, look in the camera and say things like Baltimore, Pittsburgh and New England are the best teams in the AFC when clearly we've beaten one head to head and have the best record in the AFC.

Or has anyone else noticed that when they say "The Houston Texans are on top of the AFC" the words FOR NOW quickly follow?

That's the reason we want to see this well oiled machine drill the crap out of some of these teams so that we don't have to hear that crap. I guess the only way that happens though is to win the whole thing.

I agree with you. We are exactly what you say we are. It all shows in the stats etc...and when you look at our team we are what are record says we are. A team that has won 7 games and had 1 game where it just wasn't our night. However, nobody points to the fact that all of our wins have been heavily decided wins (yes I'm counting the Jets game, we played aweful but that game was a blowout if not for the kickoff return).
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #54
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say it again. There are 7 teams at 500 or better in the AFC. We've beaten 3 of them.

I actually like the fact that the pundits are favoring the Patriots, Ravens, and Broncos. Gives us something to prove.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read