Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2012   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Battle of Super Bowl hopefuls set for 'Sunday Night Football'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Some quick stats...

Offensive PPG
Chi 29.5
HOU 29.6

Defensive PPG
Chi 15
HOU 17.1

This one is as close as it gets on paper. Here's to hoping the Texans can move the ball on that stout Defense. The bears are a turnover machine, hopefully we can keep our ball control going.
I've been posting this on twitter so I'll add it here... the Bears have 30 takeaways and the Texans have 5 games without a single turnover. It's the immovable object vs irresistible force

The Bears defense will be one of the best we face this season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #22
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will roll over the Bear's and move to 8-1. Cutler is a wilting violet who will revert to bad form with the Texans D in his face all nite. Schaub will succeed due to a dminate running game and phenominal PA fakes.
Old 11-05-2012   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

If we get spanked by yet another NFCNorth team, well I wouldn't necessarily fold the tents, but I would start having our people start to "break down the tents".....
Old 11-05-2012   #24
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
If we get spanked by yet another NFCNorth team, well I wouldn't necessarily fold the tents, but I would start having our people start to "break down the tents".....
Why? Because a Super Bowl winner has never lost a game before? Not saying we can't beat this team, in fact, I think we're better than the Bears, but the Texans are likely going to lose a couple more games or so. The Giants won the Super Bowl with 7 losses last season.

Quote:
Some quick stats...

Offensive PPG
Chi 29.5
HOU 29.6

Defensive PPG
Chi 15
HOU 17.1
And some of those offensive stats are from the defense scoring a ton. Take away Chicago's defensive scores (7 TDs) and the Bears offense is averaging 23.4 points per game, not 29.5.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #25
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Potential game of the year and possible Super Bowl preview. Cannot frickin wait!!
Me too.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #26
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
All I know is that Sunday night I'm gonna need FRIENDS to watch this game with, a designated driver, a bottle of Jack, and a liter of coke! I am presently preping my stomach for the onslaught of booze and nerves with BID doses of previcid! I'm truly NOT a heavy drinker, but, I feel a buzz comin on to get me through that game!!

Truthfully, I think our boys can do this! Just gotta keep on BELIEVING!!
If you look down the road at our schedule, things are just going to get more nerve-wracking.

Nov 11 - @ Bears (SNF)
Nov 18 - Jags
Nov 22 - @ Lions (on T-Day after only 4 days rest)
Dec 02 - @ Titans
Dec 10 - @ Patriots (MNF! ...hope it ain't snowing in Fox-Burro)

Damn.... FOUR of the next five on the road!

Three of them considered prime time games!!

Guess I better stock up on Pepto.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #27
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
If you look down the road at our schedule, things are just going to get more nerve-wracking.

Nov 11 - @ Bears (SNF)
Nov 18 - Jags
Dec 02 - @ Titans

Yeh, I was planning on making a trip to Texas to watch the Formula 1 on the 18th and catching a home game either the week before or after, the schedule put paid to that plan.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #28
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Why? Because a Super Bowl winner has never lost a game before? Not saying we can't beat this team, in fact, I think we're better than the Bears, but the Texans are likely going to lose a couple more games or so. The Giants won the Super Bowl with 7 losses last season.

And some of those offensive stats are from the defense scoring a ton. Take away Chicago's defensive scores (7 TDs) and the Bears offense is averaging 23.4 points per game, not 29.5.
Take away my Uncle's penis and he's my aunt. They're 26th in offense, shut down the offense and control the ball and we've got a good chance of winning, but the truth of the matter is they still average 29.5 PPG. There's no taking away from that.
Old 11-06-2012   #29
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
This game falls to Schaub imo. While the Chi defense can be ran on, their D is living off of interceptions this year and our running game isnt exactly on fire so far this season. Schaub must play a clean game for us to have a chance.

Conversely we will look to shut down the run again this week. Essentially bringing this game down to Schaub vs Cutler. So who has a better game? If I am Kubiak I target AJ all night long.
Tim Jennings and Peanut Tillman are arguably the best CB duo in the league, either could win DPOY. We're not going to get a ton of targets to AJ, but OD should be able to have a big day.

Last edited by NastyNate; 11-06-2012 at 06:40 AM.
NastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #30
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh. It's my Uncle's 50th birthday dinner on Sunday night.

Gonna have to record the game and pray I don't get spoiled.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #31
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

Nov 11 - @ Bears (SNF)
Nov 18 - Jags
Dec 02 - @ Titans

UGH!! Might have to join ya with the pepto!! PLUS, we have three div games in Dec, two of them on the road. Gonna be some nerve racking football coming up for sure!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #32
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Take away my Uncle's penis and he's my aunt. They're 26th in offense, shut down the offense and control the ball and we've got a good chance of winning, but the truth of the matter is they still average 29.5 PPG. There's no taking away from that.
Never said they don't score 29.5 per game. I said their offense doesn't score that much. The Texans have to continue protecting the football like they have all season and keep those extra 6 points off the board.

The post I quoted made it look like the offenses are pretty equal and that's just not the case.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #33
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

Im sure he post has nothing to do with the Texans losing a game but rather dropping games to NFC teams whom on average are better than AFC teams
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #34
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

BIGGEST GAME IN HOUSTON TEXANS HISTORY!!!

Haha.. just had to.

Really, though... I pray like hell for a win, simply for my own sanity. If Bears win, I can't take the probable fallout on this MB, and more importantly, the talk about how the Texans can't beat a good team will BLOW UP. GODZILLA BLOW UP!
Old 11-06-2012   #35
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

looks like 61% of the money is betting on the Texans in Vegas and taking the 1 to 1.5 points
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #36
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone know what the weather will be like in Chicago?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #37
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Anyone know what the weather will be like in Chicago?
Right now, it's looking like mid-60's during the day dropping down into the 40's at night.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #38
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Right now, it's looking like mid-60's during the day dropping down into the 40's at night.
Damn! As long as there is no snow or rain. I'm good I guess.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #39
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Damn! As long as there is no snow or rain. I'm good I guess.
I don't know.

I think the Texans are undefeated when the temperature is below 40 degrees at kickoff.

Of course, I hate the cold so for my own, personal comfort, I'd prefer it warmer. But if we need to play in cold weather to win this, I'm willing to stand in the cold for my team.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #40
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

The #Texans & #Bears are the only 2 NFL teams w/ a top-5 scoring offense & defense. Texans rank 2/4, Bears 3/2
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read