Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2012   #21
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shaun Cody -- Injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Easily. Hit him anywhere near the ribs. You don't go back into games with broken ribs. You lie on hospital beds and cry. A lot.
I have had broken ribs on a couple of occasions .... when you are in a situation where adrenaline is pumping .... you can "play thru the pain".

But .... after the fact , it hurts to breathe.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I trust Nitro's sources ....
Me, too.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #23
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Me, too.

“@ShaunCody95: Feelin good. Just had a bang to the riblets. Gonna be fine. #swatteam”

Straight from the horses mouth.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #24
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

“@ShaunCody95: Feelin good. Just had a bang to the riblets. Gonna be fine. #swatteam”

Straight from the horses mouth.
That is good news, don't mind the Cody/Mitchell/whoever rotation, but think it looks a lot worse without Cody in there.

Cody was a very underwhelming FA pickup who's done a really good job for us over the years, get the feeling we'll be forced to part company at the end of this season although maybe he'll want to stay and sign something that helps the team out.

It may be an upgradeable position, but at the same time you can't pay 22 pro-bowler pro-bowl money so some positions need to be filled by guys like Cody who are fairly average but work hard and take home a lesser wage.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #25
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the confidence, fellas. I have been wrong before though. Either way... I hope we hear something from Kubiak this afternoon during his recap.

In regards to the twitter post... it's a bit old. That was tweeted 3 hours after the game. He didn't go to the hospital until yesterday afternoon which is confirmed in Vinny's link above (I also posted this thread one hour before that report came out). I sure wish he'd make another tweet.

If nothing comes out of Kubiak's conference this afternoon, then I will concede and join McClain in his prison of errors but until then... I still stick by my source.

Old 11-06-2012   #26
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll see even more of Mitchell with Cody's injuries stacking up. He's been less than what we've hoped for but the only way to succeed is with playing time so here we go. I don't think Crick is up for rotating at the nose as he backs up Smith/Watt. He had a batted pass last Sunday, again, you'll only make plays with time so here's to more of the mid round DL getting some run!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #27
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Thanks for the confidence, fellas. I have been wrong before though. Either way... I hope we hear something from Kubiak this afternoon during his recap.

In regards to the twitter post... it's a bit old. That was tweeted 3 hours after the game. He didn't go to the hospital until yesterday afternoon which is confirmed in Vinny's link above (I also posted this thread one hour before that report came out). I sure wish he'd make another tweet.

If nothing comes out of Kubiak's conference this afternoon, then I will concede and join McClain in his prison of errors but until then... I still stick by my source.

Pretty sure you wouldn't post that unless u knew it was true. I just hope the big guy is ok.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
That is good news, don't mind the Cody/Mitchell/whoever rotation, but think it looks a lot worse without Cody in there.

Cody was a very underwhelming FA pickup who's done a really good job for us over the years, get the feeling we'll be forced to part company at the end of this season although maybe he'll want to stay and sign something that helps the team out.

It may be an upgradeable position, but at the same time you can't pay 22 pro-bowler pro-bowl money so some positions need to be filled by guys like Cody who are fairly average but work hard and take home a lesser wage.
Agreed

Love the effort that Cody gives, I think he will re-sign here because Rick will give hima reasonable deal and Cody has bounced around the league before he found a home with the Texans.

I still think NT/WR are the 2 greatest needs. Followed by ILB.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #29
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
Now that your source isn't so reliable... expose who they are!

He probably wouldnt be smart to expose the potential hipaa violating party
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Agreed

Love the effort that Cody gives, I think he will re-sign here because Rick will give hima reasonable deal and Cody has bounced around the league before he found a home with the Texans.

I still think NT/WR are the 2 greatest needs. Followed by ILB.
I don't thing "bounced around the league" is accurate. He was drafted in the 2nd round by the Lions, stayed with them for 4 years, and then came to us and now he's been here for 4 years.

I'd like for him to stay but I think we can upgrade that position. I'd like to see him as the veteran backup.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #31
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have had broken ribs on a couple of occasions .... when you are in a situation where adrenaline is pumping .... you can "play thru the pain".

I've had mine broken a few times, also. Adreneline doesn't usually last long enough to allow you to play for an extended time with broken ribs. Not to mention the fact that you stand a very good chance for more serious, internal injuries by doing so.

I'm sure he got some pain killers just to finish playing with bruised ribs.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #32
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How much adrenaline is pumping through you once you're well into the game? I could understand if it was the start of the game.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #33
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Damn Twitter and its timeless spreading of false hope, sure you won't mind but I'm pulling for your source to come through for us and be outright wrong, as I wrote in my earlier post, I'm not a huge fan of our interior without Cody, especially with our current ILB corps. too.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I just got onto the board. I can make some comments on what your source may have related to you. I have treated and personally also suffered an injury myself in the past involving multiple rib fractures. It's a very very painful injury, especially every time you take a breath.......and most of us would still choose to continue to breathe despite the trauma. We all know though that adrenaline as Corrosion has already mentioned and "miracle" injections can go a long way to let an athlete "forget" his pain. So, yes, a player could potentially find a way to "play through" broken ribs.

Now, if you then add a "punctured lung" to this picture, that means by extrapolation that at least one of the ribs' fractured sharp edges that were pushed inward into the lung has caused the lung to "collapse" (medical term-pneumothorax) to some extent. Even minimal collapse would still be ~10%. If he was taken out of the game with associated signs and symptoms of rib fractures, x-rays would have be taken and "collapse" should have been diagnosed at the same time. If any physician would have seen this, there would have been no way that he would have been allowed to return and take any chance of taking another hit, even if protected or remote from the site of fractures. Doing so, would almost assuredly guarantee subsequent major collapse of that lung.........a situation that would not allow him to breathe adequately (not due to pain) to continue play and require emergency surgical (chest tube placement) attention to avoid a potentially life-threatening situation. [See below] Even with a lung minimally collapsed, I know of no legitimate health care provider being aware of this circumstance allowing return for at least 1-2 weeks.........and 4-6 weeks for a substantial collapse. [Disclaimer: I would hope that this is not the case, but there is no accounting for a missed diagnosis at initial evaluation]

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #35
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't thing "bounced around the league" is accurate. He was drafted in the 2nd round by the Lions, stayed with them for 4 years, and then came to us and now he's been here for 4 years.

I'd like for him to stay but I think we can upgrade that position. I'd like to see him as the veteran backup.
Bounced around was the wrong term. A part time starter/backup would be correct.

I would like to see him as a backup as well.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #36
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's all good Mike, I had a source tell me some info so I posted before the season that they were about to cut demeco and Jacoby. Didn't quite turn out that way but he still had good info.
Old 11-07-2012   #37
darrinlane
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 darrinlane is a quality contributor and well respecteddarrinlane is a quality contributor and well respecteddarrinlane is a quality contributor and well respecteddarrinlane is a quality contributor and well respecteddarrinlane is a quality contributor and well respecteddarrinlane is a quality contributor and well respecteddarrinlane is a quality contributor and well respecteddarrinlane is a quality contributor and well respecteddarrinlane is a quality contributor and well respecteddarrinlane is a quality contributor and well respecteddarrinlane is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like you were right.
darrinlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #38
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure does:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...unctured-lung/

I had a bad sternum bruise and a broken rib once and I can't imagine doing anything like playing football like that, I couldn't even laugh without pain, even with pain meds.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #39
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Nitro (msr),
Your info was quite evidently correct........and the initially "missed diagnosis" scenario as I described seems unfortunately to have been the case. They better be smart with his injury.........the "collapsed lung" part of it moreso than the broken ribs.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #40
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, nice job Nitro. Was your source the dadgum doctor? Ha

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read