Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-01-2012   #81
majestrate
All Pro

Rep Power: 9427 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South .. that cake looks to be turning to mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Week 5 is not looking good for our division mates - would expect all to be underdogs:

Packers @ Colts
Bears @ Jaguars
Titans @ Vikings

Wonder how much losing Pagano is going to hurt the Colts?
If the offense starts clicking with Hasselbeck, TN will be able to hang in there long enough to have a shot at winning in the 4th quarter
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
If the offense starts clicking with Hasselbeck, TN will be able to hang in there long enough to have a shot at winning in the 4th quarter
I think the Titans are a play-off contender with Hasselbeck as their QB. His health has been his biggest issue, not his ability to play.
Old 10-01-2012   #83
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think the Titans are a play-off contender with Hasselbeck as their QB. His health has been his biggest issue, not his ability to play.
Yeah, I'm sure of it now.

I know these types of posts by heart. Only one other TT poster makes analysis calls like that one ^^^^.
Old 10-02-2012   #84
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope. Not even close. Team has too many missing pieces and I strongly believe this is a weak coaching staff. They are terrible in the trenches and outside McCarthy, have very little in terms of playmakers on defense. They needed to completely cut the chord from the Fisher regime and didn't do it.

Half-assing it is going to prove costly. This team is gonna have to get worse to get better.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #85
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30675 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't feel too confident if I were a Tennessean. The Vikings are a much better team than I would have predicted at the start of the season.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #86
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

if colts lose then yeah i think it turns to spring water
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #87
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts are 5-3 and only 2 games behind us. As with the Texans they have their own destiny in their hands so the "mud" walk will start the 2 out of the last 3 weeks.

Looks like the Titans are going to "take a step back" and not going to finish 9-7.

Was wrong about the Jags being better. They actually look worse. However as Meat Loaf brought out years ago when he could still sing ... ".. don't be sad 'cause 2 out of 3 ain't bad".
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #88
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts are just riding the Luck train. If we shut them out both this season I don't think they'll make it.
Old 11-05-2012   #89
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Colts are just riding the Luck train. If we shut them out both this season I don't think they'll make it.
You know, I think as much as anything they're riding the emotional power of playing for Chuck. They're very dangerous with that motivating them and this is the year the Texans need to play in Houston and go to Indianapolis with destruction on their minds. Andrew Luck needs to begin his career 0-2 against the Texans. That's a must-have in my book.

I think last year should have been the year the Texans swept the Colts. When the refs absolutely, beyond any shadow of a doubt stole a win from the Texans in Indy and kept that from happening (11 penalties my ass, Jerome Boger is a joke of a referee) they messed with the order of the universe and more importantly the order of the division. Last year was the transfer of power but in some kind of cosmic slap in the face the Colts escaped their responsibility and fate.

This season the Texans are in the redemption business and beating teams they've never beaten before. The Jets got theirs. The Ravens really got theirs. Now it's time to sweep the Colts. It's time they watched their rookie QB run for his life. We've been down that road. Their turn now.
Old 11-05-2012   #90
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope you're right. I do not think I could get out of a depression resulting from losing to the Colts in the playoffs. I'm not saying this will happen, but rather if it did happen, I think I'd just quit everything...except steak.
Old 11-05-2012   #91
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Colts still have a few tough games on their schedule (@NE & Hou x2), but they still have Jacksonville, Tennessee, Detroit, Kansas City & Buffalo on their schedule. A 5-3 remaining record in they're likely going to be in as a wild-card team. I could easily see an Indy-Denver Wild-Card game this year.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #92
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Quote:
You know, I think as much as anything they're riding the emotional power of playing for Chuck. They're very dangerous with that motivating them and this is the year the Texans need to play in Houston and go to Indianapolis with destruction on their minds. Andrew Luck needs to begin his career 0-2 against the Texans. That's a must-have in my book.

I think last year should have been the year the Texans swept the Colts.
I wouldn't think too much on "having to" sweep the Colts this year. We play in Indy week 17 & if Kubiak does what he did last year (& I think he should) we'll be playing our JV team against them. Even if Homefield is on the line, I think he'll play the starters to see how it goes, to keep them in a rhythm, but we'll see Forsette & Grimes featured by mid second qtr. Crick & Mitchell, Brahman & Mister getting most of the defensive snaps.

As far as two games behind, I'll start to worry if they beat the Patriots. Next week they play the Jags, it's almost a bye week for them, while we go see the Bears. Then we'll play the Jags at home & they'll go see the Brady's. So if we lose to the Bears & they beat the Patriots two games from now they'll have gained a game on us. 8-2 vs 7-3

From there, they've got Buffalo, Detroit, Tennessee, Houston, Kansas City, & Houston

We'll have Detroit, Tennessee, New England, Indy, Minnesota, Indy.

By the time they come to Reliant, they can be 10-3, We could be 10-3 if we lose to New England & Chicago & they beat New England.

If we beat them at home, we go to 11-3, they go to 10-4

If they beat Kansas City then they'll be 11-4 when we see them in Indy. If we beat Minnesota, we'll be 12-3

So, let's say that's the case, let's say we lose that game & we're both 12-4, who wins the division?

I don't think it will happen that way. I think we beat Chicago & they lose to New England, they may even lose to the Jags next week (unlikely, but... ) So if we beat Chicago & they lose to New England we'll be 13-3 going into Indy & they'll be 10-5 & the game won't matter, unless we're going for homefield, but I doubt homefield will be enough for Gary to keep the starters in all game.

Sorry for the rant, just thinking out loud.
Old 11-05-2012   #93
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't think too much on "having to" sweep the Colts this year. We play in Indy week 17 & if Kubiak does what he did last year (& I think he should) we'll be playing our JV team against them. Even if Homefield is on the line, I think he'll play the starters to see how it goes, to keep them in a rhythm, but we'll see Forsette & Grimes featured by mid second qtr. Crick & Mitchell, Brahman & Mister getting most of the defensive snaps.

As far as two games behind, I'll start to worry if they beat the Patriots. Next week they play the Jags, it's almost a bye week for them, while we go see the Bears. Then we'll play the Jags at home & they'll go see the Brady's. So if we lose to the Bears & they beat the Patriots two games from now they'll have gained a game on us. 8-2 vs 7-3

From there, they've got Buffalo, Detroit, Tennessee, Houston, Kansas City, & Houston

We'll have Detroit, Tennessee, New England, Indy, Minnesota, Indy.

By the time they come to Reliant, they can be 10-3, We could be 10-3 if we lose to New England & Chicago & they beat New England.

If we beat them at home, we go to 11-3, they go to 10-4

If they beat Kansas City then they'll be 11-4 when we see them in Indy. If we beat Minnesota, we'll be 12-3

So, let's say that's the case, let's say we lose that game & we're both 12-4, who wins the division?

I don't think it will happen that way. I think we beat Chicago & they lose to New England, they may even lose to the Jags next week (unlikely, but... ) So if we beat Chicago & they lose to New England we'll be 13-3 going into Indy & they'll be 10-5 & the game won't matter, unless we're going for homefield, but I doubt homefield will be enough for Gary to keep the starters in all game.

Sorry for the rant, just thinking out loud.
First tiebreaker is h2h. It would be tied at that stage, so scratch that off. The 2nd tiebreaker scenario would be the divisional games. The Colts have already lost to Jacksonville so Houston would hold the tiebreaker in this scenario.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #94
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the Jags beat the colts plzzz show up Jaxs for god shakes
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #95
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, the Jags are the worst in the league and the worst @ home! I want to push the fastforward button on this season....I've never seen a team this bad! I gave away my tickets for Thrusday night's game to the Military Appreciation. You can chalk up a big W for the Colts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I hope the Jags beat the colts plzzz show up Jaxs for god shakes
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #96
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
The Colts still have a few tough games on their schedule (@NE & Hou x2), but they still have Jacksonville, Tennessee, Detroit, Kansas City & Buffalo on their schedule. A 5-3 remaining record in they're likely going to be in as a wild-card team. I could easily see an Indy-Denver Wild-Card game this year.
That would be cool to see, all things considered.
Old 11-06-2012   #97
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

I see Indy dropping NE, Buffalo, Detroit and at least 1 Houston game.
That puts them at 9-7. I don't see us dropping anymore than 3 (Chicago, NE and maybe the last Indy game) which put us at 12-4 and likely the top seed in the AFC.

And yes, we get a bye and play the winner of a Denver/Indy game.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #98
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
I see Indy dropping NE, Buffalo, Detroit and at least 1 Houston game.
That puts them at 9-7. I don't see us dropping anymore than 3 (Chicago, NE and maybe the last Indy game) which put us at 12-4 and likely the top seed in the AFC.

And yes, we get a bye and play the winner of a Denver/Indy game.
I think we'll win one of the two games at NE or Chicage, lose an Indy game and also one more that we should have won but didn't, so I agree with the 12-4. At the same time, I also think it much more likely we'll go 11-5 rather than 13-3. But I think 12-4 is good.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #99
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Fiddler;2051291]I wouldn't think too much on "having to" sweep the Colts this year. We play in Indy week 17 & if Kubiak does what he did last year (& I think he should) we'll be playing our JV team against them. Even if Homefield is on the line, I think he'll play the starters to see how it goes, to keep them in a rhythm, but we'll see Forsette & Grimes featured by mid second qtr. Crick & Mitchell, Brahman & Mister getting most of the defensive snaps.

As in "Alexander"? When did he come back? Or is he?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012   #100
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Division is still cake...

The jags are still starting Gabbert at qb....trash

the titans just got smoked by Chi and their qb play is garbage

& though luck looks to be the real deal, they aren't their yet.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read