Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-04-2012   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chuck Pagano speech

Gave me goosebumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bYNwwVDlJk
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chuck Pagano speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I saw that. Quite moving. Don't know if that's what's doing the trick but the Colt don't look like the Dolts to me. They're not an automatic out. Looks like Luck is growing up quickly on the job.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I saw that. Quite moving. Don't know if that's what's doing the trick but the Colt don't look like the Dolts to me. They're not an automatic out. Looks like Luck is growing up quickly on the job.
I wonder how their front office really feels about how well they are doing. No one wants to lose, but I am sure they thought they would be drafting early again this year (get some talent to add to their roster)
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #4
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
I wonder how their front office really feels about how well they are doing. No one wants to lose, but I am sure they thought they would be drafting early again this year (get some talent to add to their roster)
The NFL is a win now league.

There are not many benefits to losing. Sure you get the #1 pick, but that guy may suck. If you have good scouting you will draft stars no matter where you draft at. That's proven time and time again. Drafting in the top 10 in the NFL is vastly overrated IMO.

You get into the playoffs it is proven that anything can happen. A team driven by emotion and momentum can make it to the superbowl.

It's hard to root against these Colts though, even as a division foe...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
I was reading the other day that these days the #1 pick can be like kryptonite. Yeah last year was a great draft if you picked #1 or 2 but that is an outlier vs most years where team needs dictate players. This next year there are no guys who people think are shoe in #1s and even the Top D players have question marks. Win now and see what happens.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read