Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2012   #81
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Please, share with us the knowledge of decipherment.

Never say never. In spite of Kubiak's image, I think he can be cold blooded when required. I do not see Marciano on staff in 2013.

I don't either. He knows that ST is the weakest link on the team and has been declining. I see a change coming at the end of the season unless there's some drastic turn around.
Old 11-05-2012   #82
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
There was a guy that called into the post-game show on 610 yesterday. He brought up that he wanted Kubiak fired because he cut Trindon and Trindon had a return for a TD. I was like WTF? The guy said that it showed that Kubiak had no eye for talent and didn't know how to utilize people.
Trindon was given EVERY chance to excel on this team. He did great when the games didn't count, but he crumbled under pressure when it mattered most. I was happy to see him go and I still stand by that.
I heard the call on the drive hime from the game and had two immediate thoughts.

1. The caller didn't understand how much leeway Trindon was given. He was nuts.

2. The "Homer" 610 group all blah-blah'd about how bad can they be, since we're 7-1. If the brain trust at 610 can't see the problems, they aren't watching the same game I am.
Old 11-05-2012   #83
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans will face the best special teams unit in Chicago against da Bears next Sunday night. Difference in the game, most likely. Dave Toub is the best SP teams coach out there http://www.chicagobears.com/team/coa...4-5c72aefe9fd4 just a guess but having the respect & confidence of your players is huge. Joe may have run out of supporters? We will see the disparity on the field if it costs Texans the game then I'm in, until then I will give him one more shot to rally his troops to see if players still listen

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #84
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I cannot listen to local sports radio when they let morons blather their idiotic thoughts.

At least with a forum, you can call dipshats out and reply to their nonsense. With radio, they are more concerned with ratings than actually putting out a good product. I'd bet that 90% of callers should never get airtime.

I'd rather listen to music I like than dumbasses that I do not respect.
Old 11-05-2012   #85
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I heard the call on the drive hime from the game and had two immediate thoughts.

1. The caller didn't understand how much leeway Trindon was given. He was nuts.

2. The "Homer" 610 group all blah-blah'd about how bad can they be, since we're 7-1. If the brain trust at 610 can't see the problems, they aren't watching the same game I am.
YES! I see nothing wrong with pointing out the pink elephant in the room. It's a weak spot that needs to get fixed before it costs us a game. At some point it will come down to special teams and I don't have a lot of faith in ours. We give up too many yards and that will hurt you in the long run. Anyone should be able to see that.
Old 11-05-2012   #86
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post

Now, my main gripe is our weak a$$ kick offs and field goals. I'm not happy with the leg strength at all. Yes, we haven't missed many field goals, but I feel we're screwed if we need a 52 yarder to win the game. On kick offs, I have no idea why we have someone who repeatedly doesn't kick it into the end zone. Is that by design or is his leg just that weak? Someone let me know because it's driving me crazy.
I don't know if it was by design or not but the Texans were allowing 26.4 yards per return going into the game and held the Bills (who were #1 going into the game with 30.8 per return) to 13 yards per return with an average start at the 26 yard line. That's a definite improvement from what I've seen the first 7 games.

If it was by design, I thought it was awfully damn risky to be allowing the Bills #1 return team opportunities like that. It worked - this time, and I'll take it of course, but this is something that worries me.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #87
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Kubiak will never fire Joe Marciano. So deal with it now, rather than later.
Kubiak will never fire Frank Bush either right?

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #88
TackHammer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respected

After watching Trindon take one to the house the other day I have to blame Marciano for the suck that our ST are.
All Trindon needed was some blocking.
TackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #89
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Marciano has never done anything special imo. In previous years the Texans have been OK in ST. He doesn't get much input into what players get drafted/signed. He has to make due with the players he gets. What he can do is make sure that coverage teams are excellent and return units are at least solid. This year, he has failed. After we win in New Orleans, he can retire and maybe we can get some fresh, young coach to take over special teams in 2013.
Old 11-05-2012   #90
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

With the way Holliday stuck around on the team for as long as he did, I kind of wonder if Marciano was the reason we kept Jacoby for all those years.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #91
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank gawd there is some weakness on this team. If not this board just would not be the same without the obligatory "All Encompassing Fire (insert name here)" thread.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #92
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Thank gawd there is some weakness on this team. If not this board just would not be the same without the obligatory "All Encompassing Fire (insert name here)" thread.
Word.

Old 11-11-2012   #93
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Both Holliday and Jacoby both had return TDs today....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #94
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 418 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
Both Holliday and Jacoby both had return TDs today....
I was just going to mention that! Jacoby is beasting on KR. Holliday is also amazing in his few weeks at Denver.
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #95
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 418 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would we even take a risk of running a kick off return back in rain when we can't do it in perfect 76 degree climate? I haven't been on the fire Joe bandwagon yet but this is just stupid.
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #96
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33670 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

This is atrocious. Was that an onside kick or a squib kick? Fire Marciano. Anyone is better than him at this point .
Old 11-11-2012   #97
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
I was just going to mention that! Jacoby is beasting on KR. Holliday is also amazing in his few weeks at Denver.
Jacoby's issues are at WR. Finding a guy to returns kicks is not hard to do. We've had a few here that were exceptional in just 10 years. Organizing the other 10 guys on the receiving team into a unit that can block for that guy is tough.

I don't care if Jacoby runs back two or three more this year for the Ravens. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my teams locker room.
Old 11-11-2012   #98
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am to the point of having the kick returner just kneel the dang ball and let the offense start at the 20
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #99
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Punt and kickoff coverage tonight.....I think the bad conditions saved our asses.
Old 11-11-2012   #100
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I refuse to believe there's anyway coach Joe will be back as ST coach. He may not get fired - he may retire, or get kicked upstairs (either of which would be absolutely okay with me), but when you've got Graham squib kicking every kick, that's gotta be a clue a change is in order (The other clue is when it worked better than kicking it off regularly- well, most of the time).

I've said this before - Coach Joe means a lot to this franchise, and he should be treated accordingly, but he absolutely can't be the Texans Special Teams coach in 2013.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read