Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2012   #21
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: week 10 VS Bears. Lets Predict :)

We need Tate back for this one. Forsett didn't look too hot today.
Old 11-04-2012   #22
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry but I am not thinking this will be a loss. Chicago, much like the Texans, haven't seen a good defense all year and like the Texans, the one good team they played, they got beat, by the same GB team that beat the Texans.

The next 2 games for the Bears will be telling in the fact they have the Texans and the 49ers back to back weeks...

I think it will be a defensive battle and the team with the most turnovers, loses. Cutler is far more prone to turn the ball over than Schaub is.

I am predicting a 17-10 or 20-17 win for the Texans...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #23
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll win this game going away. Chicago is a lot like the Texans in that they're beating up on a lot of weak sisters.

Chicago has a good D, but so do we.
IMO, our O is better than than theirs and the differences show up in a big way Sunday night.

31-17
Old 11-04-2012   #24
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Fourteen of their points today came off defense and special teams, all in the first quarter.

Put the Titans in a bad position of having to play from behind with a bad offense and QB.

I am not 100% sold on the Bears at this stage.

Then again I am still not 100% sold on the Texans either.
Old 11-04-2012   #25
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

We will have to get a early lead and win the turnover battle. If we put Cutler under pressure he will crumble, thats when we can't give there D any motivation.

If we can do that.
Texans- 20
Bears- 13
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #26
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 488 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently some of them think it won't be competitive.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/s...ve-as-it-looks

I think that even if it's a loss it can still be competitive.
Old 11-04-2012   #27
MistaRed
All Pro

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Bears favored by 1.5 points.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #28
jjjezebel
ˇAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if we play next week like we played this week, we're gonna be bear food. I'm hoping we pull it together and NOT lose however, as I don't relish another embarassing loss on national TV.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #29
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjezebel View Post
I think if we play next week like we played this week, we're gonna be bear food. I'm hoping we pull it together and NOT lose however, as I don't relish another embarassing loss on national TV.
we have always sucked after our bye week, i was not a bit surprised about or sloppy play BUT we did clean it up in the 2nd half. I think we will be ok and i look for our D to give Cutler all kinds of problems. GO TEXANS

I will be honest i have waited so long for this team to be good and now that they are it feels like its to good to be true. Lets just enjoy the ride folks it is nice to expect to win instead of hoping to win.
Old 11-04-2012   #30
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 27, Bears 17

The Texans have a lot to prove in this game.

They'll get it done on NBC's Sunday Night football this time around.
Old 11-04-2012   #31
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
I hear ya but this seems like a bad matchup.
The Bears live off turnovers, we (off the top of my head) have the fewest turnovers in the NFL (5 total). It is a bad match-up, for the Bears.

We're very similar teams. Strong opportunistic D, explosive and versatile running back, big playmaking wide receiver on the outside. The difference will probably be which quarterback handles the challenges better. We've all seen Schaub get flustered, but we've seen Cutler throw 4 picks as well.

I'll take Schaub.

20-17 good guys.
Old 11-04-2012   #32
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking it's a very defensive game, close and low scoring.

Texans - 16
Bears - 13
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #33
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why can't this be a noon game at least?
Old 11-05-2012   #34
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

This is going to be an ugly game. Texans 16 Bears 13.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #35
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe their defense isn't as scary as we all think? They give up 4.3 ypc rushing, which is 20th in the league. They're also giving up 230 passing yards/game, which is mediocre being ranked right in the middle at 16th. Where they do excel at is forcing turnovers. They lead the league in interceptions and forced fumbles & recoveries.

So the recipe for a Texan victory seems quite simple... protect the ball!!! Expect alot of conservative play-calling by Kubes.

My 3 keys to success:
1) Protect the football
2) Do NOT kick to Hester
3) Stay committed to the run

We do this, we win a close game.
Texans 20
Bears 13
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #36
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2096 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bears are the ultimate throwback Tampa 2 defense.
They are extremely fast and tough at all levels. A typical Bears play is to rush 4 with 7 in coverage, and proceed to intercept passes and/or knock the piss out of the receiver.
Their cornerback Charles Tillman forced four fumbles today.

The one and only clear advantage the Texans have is O-line.

This game will be as hard or harder than the Green Bay game. I predict that whoever wins will score less than 20 points. Give the edge to Texans because Jay will probably throw a dumb interception under pressure.

Texans 17-14.
Old 11-05-2012   #37
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 488 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

The opening spread for this game is Bears -1. Thought it'd be slightly higher like a -2.5 or -3.5 since we're on the road, but I'll take it. This is going to be a grind out game. Like 17-14 ish.
Old 11-05-2012   #38
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick II Draw View Post
The Bears are the ultimate throwback Tampa 2 defense.
They are extremely fast and tough at all levels. A typical Bears play is to rush 4 with 7 in coverage, and proceed to intercept passes and/or knock the piss out of the receiver.
Their cornerback Charles Tillman forced four fumbles today.

The one and only clear advantage the Texans have is O-line.

This game will be as hard or harder than the Green Bay game. I predict that whoever wins will score less than 20 points. Give the edge to Texans because Jay will probably throw a dumb interception under pressure.

Texans 17-14.
The Bears have nowhere near the potential to spin the scoreboard like the Packers have unless their defense and special teams is scoring.
Old 11-05-2012   #39
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Bears and Texans Defense are both top notch.

Houston's offense better than Bears offense.

Bears Special Teams MUCH better than Houston's special teams.

Houston can win this game by beating down Cutler who gets razzled if he's hit enough. Houston should come away 8-1 after the Chicago game, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #40
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans Dline will rattle Cutler early and often. He will throw another tantrum and the Bears will go down with him.

Texans 20
Bears 17

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read