Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2012   #1
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default game notes

heres what i took from the game

1. our first round pick is very very good
2. Foster is becoming a non factor
3. bills fans are very obnoxious (still getting the beer stain out my shirt when they dumped beer on me)
4. I question wither kubiak can really take us to superbowl,way to conservative.. 2nd and 20 and they run it?
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87319 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: game notes

Lol @Foster a non-factor.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #3
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

Really? A non-factor? He only leads all running backs in tds
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #4
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 71306 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan View Post

3. bills fans are very obnoxious (still getting the beer stain out my shirt when they dumped beer on me)
4. I question wither kubiak can really take us to superbowl,way to conservative.. 2nd and 20 and they run it?
Leading the NFL in rushing TDs is far from being a "non-factor"

I face palm in your general direction sir!

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickpatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #5
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

yes once shaub gets use to the endzone hes good at running a few yards in for a td, what i was referring to was his yard per carry not use to seeing him get stuffed so much in the back field for a loss.
Old 11-04-2012   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yes once shaub gets use to the endzone hes good at running a few yards in for a td, what i was referring to was his yard per carry not use to seeing him get stuffed so much in the back field for a loss.
Maybe you should keep puffing pandas.
Foster is the most marked player on our team and every single team we play gameplans to try and stop him. That's besides the obvious (to anyone but a panda puffer) fact that a lot of his YPC being low is due to the Texans playing with a lead and running out the clock. Jim Brown wouldn't run for many YPC against 8+ in the box.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #7
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Has nothing to do with that right side of the oline right?

Old 11-04-2012   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get it. On your first point it's not like we've seen all that much of Mercilus so I'd like to say he's very, very good but I don't think we've got enough data to know. I think he's shown positive signs and I'm optimistic.

Foster is second in rushing if I'm not mistaken (off the lead by about 10-20 yards?) and first in TD's. He's far from a non-factor.

Bills fans I know nothing of but I'll accept your assertion since you're the one who smells like beer and has to clean a shirt.

Your fourth point is I think a legitimate question. The turtle returned today a few times and frankly, I still don't like this damn coach. He's lining up against a team that everyone in the NFL and half the SEC could run on and he's got the Texans out there throwing it around. Just run the hell out of them dammit! We came out fat, rusty, and uninterested I thought and didn't put anything consistent together on offense until after the half. The Texans get the ball with 1:42 to go before the half and they turtle their asses to a three and out in about half that time. No attempt to pick up the pace or shoot downfield. Just dicking around the line of scrimmage trying to eat clock. Then they kick it away to Buffalo who actually wants to score before the half and they throw for 11, 12, and 19 yards, then run for 22 before kicking a FG with 9 seconds remaining.

That sums up Gary completely in my eyes. He'll always do that and if Wade hadn't come along we'd be sitting around .500 and trying to keep Luck and the Colts from taking the division away from us. I don't think I'll ever like Gary.
Old 11-04-2012   #9
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Heres my take on the run game TODAY.

Tate was out and Foster has a lot of carries already, Forsett was basically a non factor. Running 50 times with Foster would have been stupid, He played it the best he could without Tate.

The super bowl is our goal not pounding Arian into submission vs a pourous Bills defense just so we get more points.

We won and our defense looked great.

Special teams is still bad and our oline is VERY inconsistent.
Old 11-04-2012   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't know that foster had the flu(per website)

As far as game notes
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...8-907ad7a76490

Quote:
HEAD COACH GARY KUBIAK (Transcribed by Tiffani Walker)
(on changes he made at halftime) “We moved the heck out of the ball.* I think at that time we were averaging over seven yards a play.* So that’s what you’re looking for.* But when you have as many penalties, first and twenties as we did, you’re just killing yourself.* Other than telling them the truth, no, I didn’t do a whole heck of a lot.* Just told them to get rid of the penalties, we were moving the ball and let’s go back out and play better.”
(on how he felt about the offensive play from the first to the second half) “We played cleaner as a team in the second half.* Defensively, I thought we played very good in the second half.* Offensively, we did away with the things that were hurting us, except for, I think, the second drive. I knew they would come in here and play well.* They had two weeks off and they have a ton of talent, they were fresh, so we knew we had a battle on our hands.* We did a lot of things that are not good enough for us to win consistently, but yet we found a way to survive.* So, I’ve got a lot of things I have to fix.”
(on what he told the team after the game)* “Just what I’m telling you: you’ve got to survive in this league and find a way to win. It wasn’t always pretty.* We did a lot of things as a team, but it wasn’t very smart.* So me as a coach have got to look at things, we as coaches we’ve got to look at things.* But we found a way to get it done.* And it’s about winning. I told them to feel good about winning, but let’s come in tomorrow and try and fix some of that stuff.”
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The real question is why are you here and not being brought in on assault charges? If some fool can't hold his liquor and is spilling it on me, it would not end well in his favor. Just sayin'......
Old 11-04-2012   #12
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

u lost me at foster a non factor......leads NFL in TDs. is top 7 in yards and demands a lot of attention. Hence reason play action like the pass to OD is so successful.
Old 11-04-2012   #13
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

I let one the people working at the stadium know they said they didn't see anything so they cant do anything based on word of mouth. If i Hit a person that would of left a mark.
Old 11-04-2012   #14
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Your fourth point is I think a legitimate question. The turtle returned today a few times and frankly, I still don't like this damn coach. He's lining up against a team that everyone in the NFL and half the SEC could run on and he's got the Texans out there throwing it around. Just run the hell out of them dammit! We came out fat, rusty, and uninterested I thought and didn't put anything consistent together on offense until after the half. The Texans get the ball with 1:42 to go before the half and they turtle their asses to a three and out in about half that time. No attempt to pick up the pace or shoot downfield. Just dicking around the line of scrimmage trying to eat clock. Then they kick it away to Buffalo who actually wants to score before the half and they throw for 11, 12, and 19 yards, then run for 22 before kicking a FG with 9 seconds remaining.

That sums up Gary completely in my eyes. He'll always do that and if Wade hadn't come along we'd be sitting around .500 and trying to keep Luck and the Colts from taking the division away from us. I don't think I'll ever like Gary.
Anti-Kubes glasses fogging up Herv? How is running 3 passing plays on the last possession of the first half "turtling"? They had 3 incompletions. How is that trying to eat the clock? Maybe I watched a different game than you did. Heh. Yeah, sometimes a coach playing the odds is frustrating to watch. In this game, with 3 minutes left everyone knew there would be 3 running plays. That's what happened. It burned 2 minutes off the clock and ensured the win. If Kubiak would have called a pass play, WAY more bad things can happen than good things. Incompletion, sack-fumble, interception... Again, it's not exciting to watch but most good coaches (like the current Superbowl winner) would play the odds and burn the clock with a 12 point lead.

Meh...I agree with you on most things Herv, but sometimes the anti-Kubiak crap on these boards (by a quite a few members) gets frustrating. The Texans are 7-1. Enjoy. =)
Old 11-04-2012   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
(on WR Andre Johnson’s reps during the practice week) “A lot less reps, and just doing everything we can.* We’ve got him on this certain maintenance program that he’s been holding onto and I just think it shows when he’s playing on Sunday right now.”
From my link. Plus the broadcast said that the Texans were doing that with Owen also(I do realize he has a hamstring issue)
Old 11-04-2012   #16
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

When teams work their entire defensive scheme around a running back like foster, he is not exactly a "non-factor". Even if he is averaging 3.9 yds per carry. He dictates the other teams defensive gameplan.

As far as kubiaks decision to run on 2nd and 20; it's easier to covert a 3rd and 10 rather than a 3rd and 20 assuming an incompletion happens. Most defenses sit in dime packages on a 2nd and 20 so throwing for a big gain is harder. It's easier to run on those packages due to less down lineman/linebackers.

Just Because kubiak doesn't heave it down field on 2nd or 3rd and long plays doesn't mean he can't take us to the Super Bowl. In fact, I think it shows the maturity of a coach to know how his team is built and stick with a gameplan. Face the facts, we have a conservative coach. The sooner you accept that, the less likely you will be upset every Sunday.

By the way, were 7-1 and widely considered the best team in the AFC and a top contender to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Things are good right now.
Old 11-04-2012   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

If anyone read the game note link. I wonder why the journalists kept asking the same damn question to each player(it seems)

"how does it feel to be 7-1"

I guess other teams get the same type questions when they are winning. I just feel it is a silly question I mean what do they expect a player to say?
Old 11-04-2012   #18
texanprincess
Rookie

Section: 326
Rep Power: 0 texanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Things are good right now.
Things are good right now, but today's offense is not a Super Bowl winner. The play calling will have to be a lot better and Kubiak will need to get out of his conservative comfort zone for the Texans to have even a chance to win. As a fan, it would make me very happy if he would at least demonstrate that he can make the uncomfortable call from time to time.
texanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Anti-Kubes glasses fogging up Herv? How is running 3 passing plays on the last possession of the first half "turtling"? They had 3 incompletions. How is that trying to eat the clock? Maybe I watched a different game than you did. Heh. Yeah, sometimes a coach playing the odds is frustrating to watch. In this game, with 3 minutes left everyone knew there would be 3 running plays. That's what happened. It burned 2 minutes off the clock and ensured the win. If Kubiak would have called a pass play, WAY more bad things can happen than good things. Incompletion, sack-fumble, interception... Again, it's not exciting to watch but most good coaches (like the current Superbowl winner) would play the odds and burn the clock with a 12 point lead.

Meh...I agree with you on most things Herv, but sometimes the anti-Kubiak crap on these boards (by a quite a few members) gets frustrating. The Texans are 7-1. Enjoy. =)
It's "the turtle" when all three of the passes are thrown to a guy who's barely beyond the line of scrimmage which I thought I made clear. I said nothing about how he ended the game. There's a time when you certainly eat clock and smile. That was the end of this game. I'm just saying the issue was in doubt far too long (as it has often been during Gary's mostly .500 time here). I just don't like the way he calls games. Probably never will. Enjoying 7-1 like a good fan should but I know it's because of Wade's defense and not Gary's offense. Before Wade got here the O was inconsistent but talented and the D was broken. Wade's fixed the D but the O is still at times a mystery.

They come out like this against the Bears and it's going to be ugly next Sunday night.
Old 11-04-2012   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

This is exactly what aggravates the ever loving ******* out of me with some of you.

What you are complaining about is exactly what every NFL head coach does. Every GODDAMN one of them. It's just stupid.

****ing fantasy football.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read