Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Buffalo isn't a lost cause in 2012, they're just lost.

This well-written piece describes in detail all facets of what the Texans can expect to deal with tomorrow. The Bills are desperate to go at least 1-1 in their next 2 games in order to having any decent chance of making the playoffs. If they are to win, their running game and some luck will probably be their only realistic path. I hope the Texans look better in shutting down the run than they have in some previous performances......so there is less chance for Fitzpatrick to have the opportunity to introduce the luck.

Buffalo Bills: 3 Tips On How To Save Their Season

Quote:
1. Forget sacks, how about some stops?

2. Turnovers... Stop committing them.

3. Who cares about carries, just run the ball.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #2
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Buffalo isn't a lost cause in 2012, they're just lost.

we havn't let a rushing td all season
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #3
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan View Post
we havn't let a rushing td all season
hmm i will have to look into that. i watch every game but never realized we havent given up a rushing TD.
Old 11-03-2012   #4
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
hmm i will have to look into that. i watch every game but never realized we havent given up a rushing TD.
weve been ahead by around 20 points each game,,the other team was forced to throw, with exception to the packers game but all tds were thru the air.
Old 11-03-2012   #5
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG

By golly, he's right! I hadn't realized this either.
Old 11-03-2012   #6
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG

By golly, he's right! I hadn't realized this either.
Kinda odd not people realize, we are the ONLY team in the entire NFL that hasnt allowed a rushing td
Old 11-04-2012   #7
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

IIRC the recent record belongs to last year's niner defense with 3 TDs allowed in the regular season. Btw, we have not allowed a run of 20 yards or more.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2012   #8
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
IIRC the recent record belongs to last year's niner defense with 3 TDs allowed in the regular season. Btw, we have not allowed a run of 20 yards or more.
You jinxed it. Look for CJ Spiller to break that now tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2012   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
You jinxed it. Look for CJ Spiller to break that now tomorrow.
Thats what I was thinking also. Texans win but Spiller scores a/some rushing td(s).
Old 11-04-2012   #10
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

My concern with this Bills team is that they have very good special teams. Special Teams that can keep them in a game when their offense is sputtering. I'm less worried that our defense gets beat, but we can't give up free points to these guys.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

It's somewhat surprising to me that so many are surprised at the stat "no rushing TD allowed." It has been repeatedly reported in various articles. Nevertheless, here are some additional interesting stats that may play into the strategy that makes up this game.

Quote:
When he’s calling for a run on Sunday, Kubiak is going to have trouble deciding where to send Foster. The Bills allow 6 yards to the left sideline, 8.3 to the left side, 5.2 up the middle, 5 to the right and 6.5 to the right sideline.

That’s a lot of yards in every direction.

By comparison, Foster averages 4.8 yards to the left sideline, 2.3 to the left side, 3.1 up the middle, 4.6 to the right side and 4.1 to the right sideline.

Quarterback Matt Schaub and his Buffalo counterpart, Ryan Fitzpatrick, should throw a lot of short passes, avoid interceptions and set up the running games to be the feature in this Sunday afternoon matinee.

The Texans better establish the run early, and they better run often and control the clock the way they usually do. They’re first in the NFL with an average time of possession of 35 minutes and 23 seconds.

Last season, when the Texans ranked second in rushing with 153 yards a game, they were first in time of possession at 32:41. They’re up to their old tricks this season.
If the Texans run at least 30 times against the Bills, there’s a good chance they’ll win and run their record to 7-1 at the halfway point of the season. Since Kubiak
became their coach in 2006, the Texans are 38-5 (.884), including 6-0 this season, when they run at least 30 times.

The Bills, who allow 32.4 points a game, are no slouch when it comes to the run. Kubiak looks with envy at their average of 150.3 yards a game, including 5.3 yards a carry.

Buffalo doesn’t have a powerful running game that can pound the ball between the tackles. Head coach Chan Gailey likes to spread out his offense and run C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson.

Bills pack a punch, too

Spiller has 523 yards and averages 7.3 a carry. With a gaudy average like that, it’s obvious he can break long runs. His longest this season has been 56.

Buffalo’s not likely to consistently drive the ball down the field against a Wade Phillips defense that hasn’t allowed a rushing touchdown. For the Bills to score, they need to make big plays. Through seven games, Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers is the only quarterback who’s been able to produce big plays against the Texans.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah at the start i expected them to challenge NE for the divison boy was i wrong
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #13
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
yeah at the start i expected them to challenge NE for the divison boy was i wrong
You also thought the Chiefs were gonna be good as well....

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #14
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

In other news, I guess our record still stands!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
You also thought the Chiefs were gonna be good as well....

well on paper everything looked good. There not showing it but CHeifs and Bills have aloooottt of talented players and good depth ...on paper

THe bills front 4 man they had Anderson and Mario and Darious ..a 1st round pick and williams i think two giant DT COGS with pass rushing ability ..and like 3 good rotation DE players when u look at that u think OMG Scary ..but no

and the cheifs won the divison 2 years ago and last year at the end of the season there D was stiff and ball hawking finishing 8-8 i think

or maybe thoes 2 teams esppp the cheifs kinda mimic the texans on the way they have built there team ..thats why
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read