Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-07-2012   #41
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thanksgiving in Detroit

After hanging with the ultimate fans from Detriot, I am soooo pumped about this game! :-) Good times ahead and maybe some hot tubbing.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #42
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kay I am glad you survived and thrilled you got to hang. Detroit will be the bomb.
Old 10-08-2012   #43
sixout
Rookie

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...-for-visitors/

So... should those of us traveling to the game be worried? heh
sixout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #44
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

No worries this will be a fun time for all
Old 10-17-2012   #45
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Airfare is killing me. I've been looking for months and it's too freaking high. I'm starting to seriously consider a road trip on this.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #46
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Same here David, could catch a train in Dallas for 350
Old 10-18-2012   #47
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
Airfare is killing me. I've been looking for months and it's too freaking high. I'm starting to seriously consider a road trip on this.
Ha, well come through Nashville and pick me up :-). I am strongly considering driving up too. It is 8 hours for me. Maybe southwest has the tickets cheap...
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #48
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
So I'm thinking this will be the game I will travel to this year. Our first thanksgiving game - just can't miss it.

Anyone else plan on making the trip to watch our boys beat up on them lions?
Do you own a bulletproof vest?
Old 10-18-2012   #49
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
Ha, well come through Nashville and pick me up :-). I am strongly considering driving up too. It is 8 hours for me. Maybe southwest has the tickets cheap...
Might do that Kay! I've crunched some numbers, and I figured transportation for 4 people should be $100 each for gas round-trip from Houston. Unfortunately I have a pickup truck, so I need someone with a car to make this work, or I have to borrow a car from my family (not sure if that's an option yet). Driving my truck moves the gas price up from $400 to $600, and will only carry two people comfortably.

So if someone in Houston has a car & is up for a roadtrip to Detroit, send me a PM and let's get this thing rollin!

Last edited by TxDavid; 10-18-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-19-2012   #50
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

I am looking at heading to this game as well. Coming from NY so I have a little bit of a shorter trip. Just waiting to see if my cousin can get off work to car pool with me. If we go im hoping to get a hotel within walking distance (half mile or so) from the stadium.

My main concern is the safety of the area, especially while wearing a texans jersey.

Are you guys getting seats in the same section? I would love to have a whole section or at least a row of texans fans.

Also I dont have facebook so I cant join/check the facebook group.
Old 10-25-2012   #51
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

I have been to many Detroit Tigers games wearing my Angels jerseys and never have had a problem before, during or after the game. I went 8 years ago when Houston was in Detroit and didn't have an issue either. I've never stayed around there overnight, however. Kim and her husband as well as me and my gf are sitting in section 119 row 19 if you can find something around there.

EDIT: Ticket prices definitely seem a lot more reasonable then when I bought them. Guess the Lions performance is bringing them down
Old 10-25-2012   #52
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Hotwire is running fares from Houston to Detroit for $349-$379 depending on your travel dates. Flights seem to be on Delta & are non-stop. Just booked one from 11/21-11/23 for $359. All other fares are running $475 or more.
Old 10-25-2012   #53
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

This will be the worst game of my LIFE!!! This means I will have to show up at the fam's house many hours before our normal supper and/or Dinner for Thanksgiving (which is usually 2:00 (ish)......... SOooooo basically I won't have a drink until 3 o'clock in the afternoon?!?!?!?

That freakin' SUCKs!!!!
Old 10-25-2012   #54
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
This will be the worst game of my LIFE!!! This means I will have to show up at the fam's house many hours before our normal supper and/or Dinner for Thanksgiving (which is usually 2:00 (ish)......... SOooooo basically I won't have a drink until 3 o'clock in the afternoon?!?!?!?

That freakin' SUCKs!!!!
Or it could be the best game of your life - if you fly your butt up to Detroit to see it live with all the other awesome people going....
Old 10-25-2012   #55
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Then lets go to detroit bill
Old 11-01-2012   #56
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

I'm putting together something for Thanksgiving Dinner in Detroit. If you want in, I need a count. I've contacted a few places and waiting to hear back. But we need a count of people who are interested so we can make a reservation. Right now I have a soft count of 8 people. If you want in - reply with your name and count. I'd like to get something done soon, so that we're not eating take-out lol.
Old 11-07-2012   #57
carsonhager
Rookie

Can someone send me the link to the facebook group? We go to all the games and are always looking to hang out with other fans. Or you can also add me. I can't imagine there are too many "Carson Hager"s out there. Thanks!
carsonhager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #58
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Kid Rock going to be the half time entertainment
Old 11-13-2012   #59
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Man... I'm seriously considering this (as it would be much safer than a trip to New Orleans, where Joe does a faceplant and I have no recollection of "the Dungeon" and/or how we got back to the hotel)... The rub is that my family might disown me for missing Thanksgiving Dinner...
People TALK about disowning you...but no one ever does. You're like that scruffy stray that's always hanging out in the front yard. We might get sick of looking at you some times, but things simply wouldn't be the same without you and you'd be missed if you were gone. You're just too damned loveable.

"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #60
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Then lets go to detroit bill

According to one of the poet laureats of my parent's generation "You got to lose your mind in Detroit." Somebody give Joe a mind to lose.

"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read