Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-01-2012   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Oiler Games

The naming our 3 fav players thread made me want to post these...

Oilers break losing streak at 18. Happy days are here again!

Fred Willis was one of my favorite players back then but then again I had a bunch of favorites from those years. He scores the winning TD on a screen pass...a Fred Willis specialty.

http://youtu.be/uztNOGq1Lig

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1973 wk 8 Oilers at Colts

1975 wk 5 Redskins at Oilers. Dr Doom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewhPI...eature=related

Old 11-01-2012   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually downloaded a bunch of the 1980 Oilers games a few weeks ago, but I haven't gotten around to putting them up on TTalkTube. Thought it might be interesting to watch some of them.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

1973 wk 10 Oilers at Chiefs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKeoa...feature=relmfu

Old 11-01-2012   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I actually downloaded a bunch of the 1980 Oilers games a few weeks ago, but I haven't gotten around to putting them up on TTalkTube. Thought it might be interesting to watch some of them.
nice, these are extended highlights...that would be great.

Old 11-01-2012   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oiler Games

Seattle OT playoff win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...1J6cTs4Z8&NR=1
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #7
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
would love to see some mate. Would love to clue myself up on Pre-Texans Houston football in a primer sort of way..
Old 11-01-2012   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Tony Zendejus' shoulders weren't bigger than his name...his name on the back of his jersey was hanging down his left arm. I think I hear Crazy George beating his drum in the background in some parts. Dean Steinkuhler may have been the best lineman on the team...with both Mike Munchak and Bruce Matthews. That Oiler team was loaded offensively. Two HOF linemen, Dean Steinkuhler (would have been another HOF player if not for his knees), Heisman Trophy winning rb Mike Rozier, & HOF QB Warren Moon.

Old 11-01-2012   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got a DVD from Ebay of the Oilers / Cowboys 1979 Thanksgiving game. Earl ran for 195 yards, 2 TDs, and the Oilers won 30-24.

I think I gave Herv a copy many years ago. I need to find it and make you a copy, too, Vinny and Hookem.
Old 11-01-2012   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I've got a DVD from Ebay of the Oilers / Cowboys 1979 Thanksgiving game. Earl ran for 195 yards, 2 TDs, and the Oilers won 30-24.

I think I gave Herv a copy many years ago. I need to find it and make you a copy, too, Vinny and Hookem.
Do you know how to rip a copy of it and upload it to a share? I could put it up on the Tube if you can do that.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #11
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The naming our 3 fav players thread made me want to post these...

Oilers break losing streak at 18. Happy days are here again!

Fred Willis was one of my favorite players back then but then again I had a bunch of favorites from those years. He scores the winning TD on a screen pass...a Fred Willis specialty.

http://youtu.be/uztNOGq1Lig
Wow, that is before my time. Of course, I was born already long ago but was still in Japan. Did not know John Matuszak was an Oiler.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Wow, that is before my time. Of course, I was born already long ago but was still in Japan. Did not know John Matuszak was an Oiler.
oh yeah, his trade to KC brought us Nose Tackle Curley Culp. If I remember correctly we made the trade at mid-season and we were either winless or had one win. I think Sid Gillman was the HC and Bum was the DC at the time. We finished the season .500 or so. Curley Culp put Bum's defense over the top and Bum Phillips took over for Sid the next year.

Old 11-01-2012   #13
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
oh yeah, his trade to KC brought us Nose Tackle Curley Culp. If I remember correctly we made the trade at mid-season and we were either winless or had one win. I think Sid Gillman was the HC and Bum was the DC at the time. We finished the season .500 or so. Curley Culp put Bum's defense over the top and Bum Phillips took over for Sid the next year.
Thanks for info Vinny. That's how we ending up getting Culp! He is one of my Fav player on D side along with Dr Doom.
Old 11-01-2012   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Awesome DB and so crazy that you mentioned that because that is my all time favorite Oilers game. That's the one I was looking for when I found the Seattle OT game. I looked all over Youtube and it's not there.
Old 11-01-2012   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Thanks for info Vinny. That's how we ending up getting Culp! He is one of my Fav player on D side along with Dr Doom.
anytime...I was about 11 or so back then....I've followed the Oilers from earlier when they were back to back 1-13 teams. I remember always wanting the Oiler letterman jacket out of the Sears catalogue. You would see guys around school with the Cowboys jacket but not many Oiler ones. It didn't help that they were really awful colors (not to mention the team was awful at that time)...back then those jackets were this weird Lions-esque blue with Silver/grey arms and the silver helmet on the chest. They got rid of the silver and the NFL started marketing sportsgear around then.

Some old pics of the different helmets from the different eras...

Ed Biles and can anyone name the TE next to him? We traded him and got the rights to a pretty good rb in his day...

Fred Willis

Kenny Burrough

Old 11-01-2012   #16
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
anytime...I was about 11 or so back then....I've followed the Oilers from earlier when they were back to back 1-13 teams. I remember always wanting the Oiler letterman jacket out of the Sears catalogue. You would see guys around school with the Cowboys jacket but not many Oiler ones. It didn't help that they were really awful colors (not to mention the team was awful at that time)...back then those jackets were this weird Lions-esque blue with Silver/grey arms and the silver helmet on the chest. They got rid of the silver and the NFL started marketing sportsgear around then.

Some old pics of the different helmets from the different eras...

Ed Biles and can anyone name the TE next to him? We traded him and got the rights to a pretty good rb in his day...

Fred Willis

Kenny Burrough

Mike Barber
Old 11-01-2012   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

that was way too easy huh

Old 11-01-2012   #18
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
that was way too easy huh
Oh yeah. I was in Houston then.
Old 11-01-2012   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you know how to rip a copy of it and upload it to a share? I could put it up on the Tube if you can do that.
I don't know how. But, I will find that DVD in my collection and contact you to learn how to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Awesome DB and so crazy that you mentioned that because that is my all time favorite Oilers game. That's the one I was looking for when I found the Seattle OT game. I looked all over Youtube and it's not there.
Cool, man! Hopefully you will get to see it soon.

It even has all the commercials, which are funny to see 30+ years later.
Old 11-01-2012   #20
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
I remember always wanting the Oiler letterman jacket out of the Sears catalogue. You would see guys around school with the Cowboys jacket but not many Oiler ones. It didn't help that they were really awful colors (not to mention the team was awful at that time)...back then those jackets were this weird Lions-esque blue with Silver/grey arms and the silver helmet on the chest. They got rid of the silver and the NFL started marketing sportsgear around then.
I had that jacket. It was Oilers blue with silver plastic (I assume that was plastic) sleeves and the round patch that looked like this ..

I wore that out and I remember my mom buying me the same jacket from Sears but a Bucs orange one. I rooted for the Bucs as a kid also because they had the same colors as La Porte HS. I think by that time Bud had fired Bum and I was really turned off of the Oilers.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read