Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-25-2012   #381
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

I've been starting Alfred Morris every week and I have always been an "always start your studs" kind of guy but not sure this week.

Reggie Bush @NYJ
Alfred Morris @PIT

Jets have the 31st ranked run defense and Pit is ranked 5th, plus there is some bad blood between Bush and the Jets which makes me think Reggie might be in for a big week.
Old 10-25-2012   #382
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I've been starting Alfred Morris every week and I have always been an "always start your studs" kind of guy but not sure this week.

Reggie Bush @NYJ
Alfred Morris @PIT

Jets have the 31st ranked run defense and Pit is ranked 5th, plus there is some bad blood between Bush and the Jets which makes me think Reggie might be in for a big week.
PPR? Why don't you have any other RB options? I'd go with Morris, just because he's so much more consistent.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #383
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Reggie Bush @NYJ
Alfred Morris @PIT

You have to go with Morris on this one, but im starting Bush in my league
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #384
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
PPR? Why don't you have any other RB options? I'd go with Morris, just because he's so much more consistent.
1/2 point ppr

I'm starting AD tonight and I'm keeping Michael Turner on the bench this week vs PHI.

I drafted Greg Jennings, Garcon, and Amendola so I had to make some moves to pick up some WR's. I traded The Lawfirm and Demarco Murray for Stevie Johnson and Wes Welker respectively, which left me with only 4 RB's on my roster.
Old 10-25-2012   #385
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Regarding the Dolphins vs the Jets, supposedly Philbin was quoted as saying that they need to get the ball to Hartline more. In my bigger league, I've got Bush, Tannehill, and Hartline (Tannehill and Hartline ride the bench, I use them for match-ups and bye-week fodder). Anyone think that Tannehill or Hartline have a chance at doing something vs NYJ's coverage, or is the talk from Philbin an attempt to keep the offensive game plan somewhat unknown?
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #386
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
Regarding the Dolphins vs the Jets, supposedly Philbin was quoted as saying that they need to get the ball to Hartline more. In my bigger league, I've got Bush, Tannehill, and Hartline (Tannehill and Hartline ride the bench, I use them for match-ups and bye-week fodder). Anyone think that Tannehill or Hartline have a chance at doing something vs NYJ's coverage, or is the talk from Philbin an attempt to keep the offensive game plan somewhat unknown?
After seeing what Cromartie did to AJ I would be hesitant to start Hartline against him.
Old 10-25-2012   #387
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I was thinking kind of the same thing. Not just limited to AJ. Guess I'll leave Tannehill and Hartline on the bench a little longer.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #388
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
By Nicks you mean Moss?
No, I be stoopid. Fixed it above.

Quote:

Reggie Bush @NYJ
Alfred Morris @PIT
Close, but I'm leaning Bush.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #389
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I could use a Little help as well... Standard yahoo league:

At HB I will start Mathhews and one if the following:
Bradshaw against Dallas (missed practice again yesterday)
Ridley against StL.
Sproles against Denver

At WR I will start C.Johnson, D. Thomas and one of the following:
Maclin against Atlanta
Lloyd against St.L
Steve Smith (Car) against Chicago

I'd go with Maclin probably but have no idea which HB I should start...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #390
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I could use a Little help as well... Standard yahoo league:

At HB I will start Mathhews and one if the following:
Bradshaw against Dallas (missed practice again yesterday)
Ridley against StL.
Sproles against Denver

At WR I will start C.Johnson, D. Thomas and one of the following:
Maclin against Atlanta
Lloyd against St.L
Steve Smith (Car) against Chicago

I'd go with Maclin probably but have no idea which HB I should start...
Bradshaw & Maclin, check injury status.
Old 10-26-2012   #391
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Matthews/Bush

Wayne/Floyd/Maclin
Yeah thats what i have set... Hope they produce
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #392
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Standard scoring.

Newton vs CHI
Rivers vs CLE
Weeden vs SD

Leaning toward Rivers.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #393
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Standard scoring.

Newton vs CHI
Rivers vs CLE
Weeden vs SD

Leaning toward Rivers.
Rivers.
Old 11-01-2012   #394
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker

Need two out of the three. AJ has bombed this year, but, blind loyalty sways me, same with OD. BUT, Decker has more TDs than both, and is becoming one of Peyton's fav targets. I feel safe with OD, but, ya just never know when AJs gonna have his breakout game. Schaub is my QB. My gut feeling tells me Kubes will run the ball a lot against the Bills, so just not sure if AJ or OD will get that many points. HELP!! Weeden is my backup QB, but, he's sittin the bench against the bears.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #395
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker

Need two out of the three. AJ has bombed this year, but, blind loyalty sways me, same with OD. BUT, Decker has more TDs than both, and is becoming one of Peyton's fav targets. I feel safe with OD, but, ya just never know when AJs gonna have his breakout game. Schaub is my QB. My gut feeling tells me Kubes will run the ball a lot against the Bills, so just not sure if AJ or OD will get that many points. HELP!! Weeden is my backup QB, but, he's sittin the bench against the bears.
I think you've got to go Decker at this point. And OD is leading the Texans in TD receptions and is getting almost as many yards/game as AJ. So I'd go with those two: Decker and OD.

But I'd be hoping for AJ to have a breakout game, anyway.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #396
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker

Are TE and WR interchangeable in your league? This is tough. I think I would go AJ and Decker though. AJ has played well the last few weeks and I think he'll have a big game.

I need some suggestions of my own if anyone can help.

I need to choose 1 out of these 3.

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #397
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Standard scoring.

Newton vs CHI
Rivers vs CLE
Weeden vs SD

Leaning toward Rivers.
Rivers

Quote:
Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker

I'd go with Decker and AJ. OD might be the safer play but AJ gives you a chance at a huge game. The Bills are REALLY bad.
Old 11-01-2012   #398
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea, TE and WR are interchangable in my league. Does anyone know whats wrong with OD? Just read he's on the injury report, but, I think he's been on it most of the year. Just wondering.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #399
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Yea, TE and WR are interchangable in my league. Does anyone know whats wrong with OD? Just read he's on the injury report, but, I think he's been on it most of the year. Just wondering.
TE Owen Daniels was limited in practice due to a hamstring injury, while WR Kevin Walter was limited due to illness.

Quote:
Suggestions please!

AJ
OD
Decker
Andre & Decker for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I need to choose 1 out of these 3.

Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Malcolm Floyd
Decker for me.
Old 11-01-2012   #400
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They're just saying hamstring.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read