Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2012   #21
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans vs. Bye **Official Nogameday Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
hmmm dont know why u would pull for the broncos and patriots, the more they lose the bigger a lead we have in the AFC. just saying

And why is ur Avi a pic of Schaub getting sacked by greenbay ??? Dude you confuse the hell out of me, with every post and well hell with everything you do.
^^^ was my thoughts exactly GP.
Old 10-28-2012   #22
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Biggest bye week in franchise history!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #23
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Biggest bye week in franchise history!
A must-win for sure.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #24
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I want to see Dallas, Tennessee, Indianapolis, Jaguars... all lose. Even if they play each other.
tony got 5 turnovers..he should retire and open a pastry site
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #25
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey... somebody help me. what was the spread against Bye this week?
Old 10-28-2012   #26
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Why is your avatar a pic of Schaub getting sacked???

Why do you root for Broncos and Patriots when that has home field advantage ramifications for us?

Do you understand football?
BullBlitz is not a Texans fan. That answers all questions
Old 10-29-2012   #27
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

man how are the colts winning ..... they need to start losing now !!!!!!!!!!! who do they play next ???
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
BullBlitz is not a Texans fan. That answers all questions
I wonder if the person even understands how it all works. Rooting for, or being happy for, divisional rivals AND conference opponents is the very antithesis of being a fan for your team.

Either that, or the person just enjoys yanking people's chains and/or is just contrary to be contrary.

Because otherwise it makes absolutely zero sense. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
Old 10-29-2012   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
man how are the colts winning ..... they need to start losing now !!!!!!!!!!! who do they play next ???
Colts are now 4-3 and Titans are now 3-5.

A reversal of their outcome this past Sunday, a Titans win, would have made Titans 4-4 and Colts 3-4.

I personally would have liked the Colts to have 4 losses and the Titans have four losses right now, but at the end of the season it will all even out.

We'd have to lose our next two and the Colts would have to win their next two for us to be tied with them for 1st place int he division, and I just don't see that scenario happening.

They get Miami (at Indy) next Sunday. I chalk that as a Dolphins win.

They have Jax (at Jax) after that. Toss up, IMO.

Then they travel to Foxboro to face the grim reaper himself. That's a Colts loss.

So I have them at 1-2 over the next three games.

Texans? We're at Chicago this Sunday night (dammit, a night game!). We then have Jax at home, then have Thanksgiving at Detroit. We could be 3-0, 2-1, or 1-2. At the worst case scenario, we only win one game and we'd still have a 2-game lead over the Colts.

We ought to be OK.
Old 10-29-2012   #30
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I wonder if the person even understands how it all works. Rooting for, or being happy for, divisional rivals AND conference opponents is the very antithesis of being a fan for your team.

Either that, or the person just enjoys yanking people's chains and/or is just contrary to be contrary.

Because otherwise it makes absolutely zero sense. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
Then I will explain:

It makes sense if you enjoy a highly competitive, down to the wire race to determine the wild card teams, the division winners and home field advantage.
I want the last two weeks of the season to count as opposed be meaningless.

And along with the Texans, I'd like to see the Patriots, Broncos, and Steelers take their respective divisions. Give me Schaub, Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger in the playoffs any time. That's interesting competition. If the Ravens and the Dolphins, or even the Colts, were to take the wild card spots, that would be fine with me.

With 9 of their games against the Colts, Titans, Jaguars, Jets, Dolphins and Bills, the Texans have a pretty easy road to the AFC South title. I'd like the game against the Patriots to count for something, so that's why I am pulling for Patriots to keep winning. I'd also like the Colts to keep getting better, so those games have a chance to be competitive at the end of the regular season.

Sure I want the Texans to win, but I also like the regular season to stay relevant, and the playoff picture to remain undetermined until late in December.

With the Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Giants, Lions, Bears and Falcons winning last weekend, I was pretty happy.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #31
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Then I will explain:

It makes sense if you enjoy a highly competitive, down to the wire race to determine the wild card teams, the division winners and home field advantage.
I want the last two weeks of the season to count as opposed be meaningless.

And along with the Texans, I'd like to see the Patriots, Broncos, and Steelers take their respective divisions. Give me Schaub, Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger in the playoffs any time. That's interesting competition. If the Ravens and the Dolphins, or even the Colts, were to take the wild card spots, that would be fine with me.

With 9 of their games against the Colts, Titans, Jaguars, Jets, Dolphins and Bills, the Texans have a pretty easy road to the AFC South title. I'd like the game against the Patriots to count for something, so that's why I am pulling for Patriots to keep winning. I'd also like the Colts to keep getting better, so those games have a chance to be competitive at the end of the regular season.

Sure I want the Texans to win, but I also like the regular season to stay relevant, and the playoff picture to remain undetermined until late in December.

With the Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Giants, Lions, Bears and Falcons winning last weekend, I was pretty happy.
lol ... do you really expect anyone to buy that?
Old 10-30-2012   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I forgot to watch this weekend, but did we beat the Bye team?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #33
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, but it was a lot closer than expected. Very poor officiating IMO

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I forgot to watch this weekend, but did we beat the Bye team?
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #34
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
lol ... do you really expect anyone to buy that?
Couldn't care less.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read