Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2012   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AstroTurf rolled out at Reliant

New AstroTurf rolled out at Reliant that will be used for College and High School games. It will be stored in the large domed shaped storage warehouse next door.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...liant-stadium/

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AstroTurf rolled out at Reliant

I hope the asbestos fumes and rats don't tear it up while it's stored in that crap hole.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #3
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

That looks pretty nice. Maybe they should use it on Sundays.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #4
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

As someone that played and practiced on Astroturf for years, I can safely say that AstroTurf is the Devil.

I think I still have some stuck in my skin 12 years later.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a new and improved AstroTurf.

The one thing I really hate about this stuff is the way it looks on tv. Its all shiny.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #6
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
As someone that played and practiced on Astroturf for years, I can safely say that AstroTurf is the Devil.

I think I still have some stuck in my skin 12 years later.

field turf now is nothing like astroturf of old, you have fossils in your skin
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
This is a new and improved AstroTurf.

The one thing I really hate about this stuff is the way it looks on tv. Its all shiny.
With this temporary synthetic turf application being different that other NFL stadium permanent applications, don't fool yourselves.......SEAMS are going to be a very real potential problem. When the velcro process is used to lay down a permanent application, it must be put down "perfectly" one time only. When the velcro process is used to lay down temporary application, it must be put down "perfectly" every time. In other words, it requires ongoing work crew perfection. My confidence in a one-time only scenario?.......slightly guarded but very high. My confidence in a 50 plus scenario?........I wouldn't take it to Las Vegas.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2012   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
field turf now is nothing like astroturf of old, you have fossils in your skin
Which is fine but the players still prefer playing on grass.

AJ, OD and some others don't practice when they go onto the field turf inside the practice bubble.
Old 10-30-2012   #9
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Which is fine but the players still prefer playing on grass.

AJ, OD and some others don't practice when they go onto the field turf inside the practice bubble.

I dont like going to the 51st floor in my building however that doesnt mean I am much better off safetywise staying on the 15th floor.
Old 10-30-2012   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The AstroTurf brand, originated by Monsanto, was acquired in 2005 by the Peeples family-owned Textile Management Associates of Dalton, Ga. It is used at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, by Major League Baseball’s Toronto Blue Jays and Tampa Bay Rays, and by several colleges, including Kansas State, Boston College and Ohio State.
I looked into this long time ago. What this article doesn't tell the reader is that the Blue Jays and Rays field, as well as all those other college venues, except for the Rams' Edward Jones Dome, are PERMANENT installations. The Ram's stadium is a ONE PIECE FIELD that is rolled up by a giant electric roller and stored in a covered carved out storage area in the stadium floor at one end of the field beyond the EZ.............in other words, NO SEAMS REQUIRE RECONSTRUCTION for each conversion.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #11
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Before, with a game on a Saturday night, they've never had enough time to replace the field with all new pallets, instead only replacing the middle portion with the most wear and tear. Now, they all of a sudden have time to roll up the carpet and install an entire field of pallets before a Sunday noon kickoff?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #12
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
That looks pretty nice. Maybe they should use it on Sundays.
Uhhhh...no.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I dont like going to the 51st floor in my building however that doesnt mean I am much better off safetywise staying on the 15th floor.
Nice nonsensical response.

I'll trust or value more the way the players' knees feel over your impression of what the field looks like. I know I can feel the difference based on what I run on.
Old 10-31-2012   #14
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Nice nonsensical response.

I'll trust or value more the way the players' knees feel over your impression of what the field looks like. I know I can feel the difference based on what I run on.

I never made any mention of what the field looks like or how it performs vs grass. I simply said what was astroturf and in the other member's skin was nothing like field turf today. My response about the floor I worked on was just as nonsensical as your first reply to my post was.
Old 10-31-2012   #15
Mike77015
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Mike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performerMike77015 is a Legendary performer

This might have saved AJ, or was it Foster?, from an injury last season.
Mike77015 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read