Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2012   #21
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 126444 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams Will Destroy The Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
Your right Dutch thats why I'm selling my tickets! There is just no way I could handle watching him tear apart my team.
The only thing Mario will be tearing is one of his muscles. My money is on him not having a big impact on the game.
Old 10-29-2012   #22
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario won't much. He might get a sack, but that's about it. This game will be about the only game that he can get up for.

Does Mario even have a registered sack this season?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #23
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i more afraid of the guy on rotation Kysel
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #24
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Mario won't much. He might get a sack, but that's about it. This game will be about the only game that he can get up for.

Does Mario even have a registered sack this season?
3.5, 2 coming against Arizona and 1.5 against the Browns IIRC. Typical Mario stuff.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #25
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt Mario will even be a factor. The Bills are giving up 6 yards per rush, worst in the league. I anticipate a career day for Foster.
Old 10-30-2012   #26
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder what the fan reception to him will be? My guess is it's a big collective "meh". He didn't really help this franchise or really harm it either. He had a few good years but overall he was just kind of another guy on the team.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #27
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I doubt Mario will even be a factor. The Bills are giving up 6 yards per rush, worst in the league...
Hopefully Mario still has his quick first step -- then we run it right at him and watch the rushing yardage ticker spin.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #28
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is an interview (video and transcript) I found on essentially

EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MARIO'S RECENT "PLIGHT"....as per Mario, of course.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #29
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MARIO'S RECENT "PLIGHT"....as per Mario, of course.
here's everything I wanted to know about Mario's "plight"...

[presses spacebar]

ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #30
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread must be a joke......ok ok i'm laughing now.

But i am not at all worried about MW, if he played good against hasselback a few weeks ago then that means he will disappear for atleast 3-4 games. No sweat guys.

I mean besides what has he really done this season ??? I doubt he has any hate for houston especially since he left here and became the highest paid player in the NFL, should be happy we picked him first if anything.
Old 10-30-2012   #31
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

We're doomed, he's going to tear us apart. No one can stop Mario!
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #32
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

we're screwed. mario said "i dont know what the doctor did, i was asleep" ... they probably turned him into a time traveling cyborg. the texans might as well not bother showing up.
Old 10-30-2012   #33
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 31037 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

What is really sad is the Texans let him go for cheap. People talk like he got some $100 million contract from Buffalo. Wrong! Only $96 million! The Bills locked up his awesomeness for only $96 million! He is the most underpaid player in the league!
Old 10-31-2012   #34
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Just give Newton a couple and the two or three plays a game Mario makes a difference in just toss the into the air and make it rain! It will distract Mario for at least one play. In fact just toss some change around the line of scrimmage and he won't even be able to look up when the ball is snapped!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario states that the Texans essentially booted him out the door. I wonder if this happened after he let it be known that he wanted another huge payday from them, notwithstanding his history of injuries and questionable effort. That he leaves out.

Mario Williams still has issues with the way he left the Texans

Quote:
"I didn't want to enter free agency in the first place, but it was a one-way door given to me by the GM to leave Houston, " Williams told FOX 26 Sports. "I want the fans there to know entering free agency was not my decision."

Texans general manager Rick Smith declined comment for this story.

"I'm definitely excited about coming back to the place where it all began," Williams said. "I have the opportunity to play against the team that originally drafted me.

"The way things ended, I definitely feel like it was kind of a rough and all-of-the-sudden goodbye. There's some things that I'm definitely uneasy about, the final decision making that happened there. It was just the way it was handled.
Old 10-31-2012   #36
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mario states that the Texans essentially booted him out the door. I wonder if this happened after he let it be known that he wanted another huge payday from them, notwithstanding his history of injuries and questionable effort. That he leaves out.

Mario Williams still has issues with the way he left the Texans
I wouldn't doubt if that were true. It is a business. Mario's demanding way too much money, and the team is already having salary cap issues. The GM believes he's expendable, so Mario gets shown the door out.
Old 10-31-2012   #37
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We had a top defense without him and dude wanted jack beyond what the Texans were willing to pay him (and beyond what he's worth, tbh).

Like Cretor said, it's just business. Mario is coming off as butthurt when in reality he struck gold. Get over it.
Old 10-31-2012   #38
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
we're screwed. mario said "i dont know what the doctor did, i was asleep" ... they probably turned him into a time traveling cyborg. the texans might as well not bother showing up.
Did he seriously say that?
SO he has a wrist injury that no one knows about
He gets a surgery that he can't remember
There is no recovery time
And now he's back and better than ever?

Right...
Old 10-31-2012   #39
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

The Bills fans have a different take on Mario's recent comments.

Is Mario Williams' heart still in Houston?
Old 10-31-2012   #40
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

And here in the BUFFALO NEWS are some more statement by Mario with actually some additional details revealed.

Mario Williams on leaving Houston: 'I had no other choice'

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read