Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2012   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 9 Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans Diacussion

So, the Texans have opened up as 10.5 - 11 point favorites for this Sunday's tilt, not totally sure how much the line will move barring any unforeseen events leading up to the game. They are coached by noted comedian Chan Gailey and his pistol formations. Dave Wannestadt is their defensive coordinator and both men have been blasted for having uncreative schemes of the vanilla kind. I don't know much about the Bills as it seems that we don't play them very often. On offense they have some decent pieces that can score but they have been inconsistent at best. I know that Levitre and Wood make a good G/C combination, and that Spiller and Jackson are very good backs. However it seems as though the passing game has not been everything they had hoped after signing Ryan Fitzpatrick to a long extension. Not sure how Phillips attacks this offense, I'm guessing that blitzing over and over will be part of the gameplan.

The Bills defense has been the unit most talked about unit, especially the defensive line. We know all about Mario Williams, but they also have an underperforming 3rd overall pick in Marcel Dareus, and Kyle Williams who has been pretty good this year. Nick Barnett is their only LB with a name I recognize, looks like an uninteresting group. Their secondary features Jairus Byrd and Stephen Gilmore, with noted first round bust Leodis McKelvin. Nobody blitzes, nobody makes plays , and everybody puts up 40 burgers on them.

Share your knowledge of the Bills here, I'll update the thread with some news articles when I get around a PC.
Old 10-29-2012   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 9 Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans Diacussion

7-1 is all that matters. We should have our way with thieir D. Byrd is a good safety, so he will be looking to take advantage of any Schaub error. Our D will have thier hands full with spiller.

We get out to an early lead and they will make mistakes and turn the ball over. Game over.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #3
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

Barring a drastic turnaround by the Bills, the Texans should get ~300 yards rushing.
Old 10-29-2012   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texas are who we think they are, they'll win with a margin of 10 pts or more. This should be an easy game for them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101624 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Judgement Day is almost upon us!

Mario!
Old 10-29-2012   #6
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

This should be an easy W for the home team. All points made are valid and spot on.

The only concern I have at this point is I sincerely hope it's not one of our studs that end up with the ever dreaded "Diacussion". I understand they can be season enders. .

We don't need that.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

All it takes is for the team to sort of sleepwalk and act like they're better than the Bills. And then it'll be another Green Bay disaster all over again.

I take nothing for granted after the turd sandwich we saw vs. GB on a Sunday night.

The guys better claw and fight for everything. Or any NFL team can smack you in the mouth and steal your watch off your wrist. This is the NFL, every team has pride and they will fight if they sense you're slacking. Period.
Old 10-29-2012   #8
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

They signed that beast to that monster contract in the off-season, and he's helped turn their defense around...I'm worried schaub won't have time in the pocket all game....don't sleep on the bills.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone find it odd that the Bills think they fixed their line by adding Mario Williams and Mark Anderson... both former Texans who both played on one of the worst defenses in the history of defenses?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #10
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Does anyone find it odd that the Bills think they fixed their line by adding Mario Williams and Mark Anderson... both former Texans who both played on one of the worst defenses in the history of defenses?
No, but I will find it odd if they fire Dave Wannstedt and hire Frank Bush to replace him.
Old 10-30-2012   #11
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
To be fair, the run defense wasnt that bad, just the pass defense. And wasnt that when Mario was hurt for most of the season?
Old 10-30-2012   #12
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this week's "Keys to the Game" will probably be that the fans don't freak out should we come out slow this week.

Let's face it, we're prone to slow starts against some of the weaker teams. I'm not expecting it, but wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Regardless, our coaches whip them up during halftime and we blow the roof off Reliant in the third, starting with a Watt tip to interception.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

if there stout front 4 acctually shows up they scare me cause they will rush 4 and there 3 Lbers will cover plus i think there Safties are pretty good esppp Byrd

looking at last game i wish we would run more esp on 3 and 3 and 3 and 1 sustain drives and run run run into they can prove they can stop it

hopefully we can get a blow out win and be able to work in some of our 2nd teamers into the game i hope if we have a lead Kubes is not dumb enough to keep Schaub and AJ in the game for 4 quarters
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #14
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

My only concern is Mario. If he is actually motivated we know what he is. We know he is rarely motivated but the question becomes will he be motivated sunday? I suggest we give him a standing ovation and sing his praises when they introduce him. Make him feel all warm and fuzzy.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #15
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

this might be my first game to ever go to!

we'll see how it plays out
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
My only concern is Mario. If he is actually motivated we know what he is. We know he is rarely motivated but the question becomes will he be motivated sunday? I suggest we give him a standing ovation and sing his praises when they introduce him. Make him feel all warm and fuzzy.

Mike
Mario can play very well if he is of a mind to. He's just not there very often. If he shows up Sunday ready to play, our offensive line will have to do some adjustments to account for him. Yes, we've all seen Mario play like Super Mario, we just have to stop and think about the few times it actually happened.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The last time we played against an offense that likes to spread you out we got our ass whooped.

Also, I think Mario will come in ready to get after it. He'll be going against Newton a majority of the time, which scares the hell out of me
Old 10-30-2012   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Plus they've only given up like two sacks all season and they got a very good running game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Plus they've only given up like two sacks all season and they got a very good running game.
They've given up 8 sacks. Same as the Texans.

They could be a really good team if they got their crap together.
Old 10-30-2012   #20
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
All it takes is for the team to sort of sleepwalk and act like they're better than the Bills. And then it'll be another Green Bay disaster all over again.

I take nothing for granted after the turd sandwich we saw vs. GB on a Sunday night.

The guys better claw and fight for everything. Or any NFL team can smack you in the mouth and steal your watch off your wrist. This is the NFL, every team has pride and they will fight if they sense you're slacking. Period.
IF we played the way we played against greenbay we would still win agaisnt buffalo...there wa no way of winning wway rodgers played..
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read