Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012   #1
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Reebok Authentic 'on field' Jersey size question

My back problems mean I can't attend this weekends UK NFL game between the Pats and the Rams so I've sold my 2 tickets to my friend...My wife told me I can use the money to treat myself to a Texans Jersey to cheer me up. Here's the thing...I've got my eye on a couple of Authentic jerseys online but I have a size query you may be able to help with. I'm going for the authentic over the nike as the quality of authentic reebok will be better and the price is quite decent. I'm sure plenty of you own an authentic reebok jersey .

Whenever I've worn the normal 'replica' screen printed jerseys I've always worn a Medium ..usually the measurement is around 23 and half inches armpit to pit. This size fits quite well. Now the Authentic reebok I have my eye on is a '46' . Does anyone know if this means the size will be 23 inches armpit to pit? I ask because the screen printed replicas can vary between size of jersey and actually chest size (eg, a M 48 Jersey might be a 46 chest size and so on).

With the authentic I want to gauge the size before I buy. So would a size 48 be 24 inches pit to pit, a size 46 - 23 pit to pit..etc etc?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-24-2012   #2
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reebok Authentic 'on field' Jersey size question

Here you go!

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/in...goryId=1381340

EDIT: Well crapola. That's probably not what you are looking for.

I do know the measurements are garment measurements and not chest measurements. So if the full circumference around your chest is 46, then a size 46 may be too tight.

If you are not sure about the size and worried it may be too tight, I'd just go with the next size up to be safe. IMO, Better the jersey be a little larger than too small.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #3
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Here you go!

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/in...goryId=1381340

EDIT: Well crapola. That's probably not what you are looking for.

I do know the measurements are garment measurements and not chest measurements. So if the full circumference around your chest is 46, then a size 46 may be too tight.

If you are not sure about the size and worried it may be too tight, I'd just go with the next size up to be safe. IMO, Better the jersey be a little larger than too small.

Thanks...I just measured myself and I'm around 42" all the way round. So a 46 would be good in terms of fitting a hoody underneath if it was cold, right?
Old 10-24-2012   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Get a 52XL like every other person in the world, nobody wears extra-medium
Old 10-25-2012   #5
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Haha 52 would smother me ...maybe I should compromise and go for the 48
Old 10-27-2012   #6
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Have you measured yourself while wearing the hoodie? A 48 would probably fit just fine. Most people go with larger sizes because it's more comfortable. Are there any stores near you that carry NFL jersey's? If so, go there and try on a few different sizes, to see which is more comfortable for you, then place your order.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #7
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
Have you measured yourself while wearing the hoodie? A 48 would probably fit just fine. Most people go with larger sizes because it's more comfortable. Are there any stores near you that carry NFL jersey's? If so, go there and try on a few different sizes, to see which is more comfortable for you, then place your order.
In the end I went with the Arian Foster Authentic reebok jersey, size 48 from a highly reputable dealer... Cost me 77 which is around $120) Apparently usually over $220?) Didn't want to get the Nike for 2 reasons... Only slightly cheaper and nowhere near as good quality.
Old 10-28-2012   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Reebok Authentic 'on field' Jersey size question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex View Post
In the end I went with the Arian Foster Authentic reebok jersey, size 48 from a highly reputable dealer... Cost me 77 which is around $120) Apparently usually over $220?) Didn't want to get the Nike for 2 reasons... Only slightly cheaper and nowhere near as good quality.
You probably got a price discount because they don't make Reebok any more. Whatever you personally like is the right jersey for you.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #9
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
You probably got a price discount because they don't make Reebok any more. Whatever you personally like is the right jersey for you.
True. I do prefer the reebok Authentic to the screen printed nikes... If there was a huge difference in design (like the Seahawks) then I might have gone for the Nike but the design is pretty much the same. Over here Nike are charging 70 for a screen printed Nike jersey. I'm guessing that's around $111-112. I didn't wanna pay that for screen print. Im looking forward to when Nike do an Inbetween jersey, like the premier reebok.
Old 10-28-2012   #10
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If it helps; I am an XXL in soccer jerseys, my Reebok #80 jersey is an XL and is a little big; my #56 is XXL and is good for going over hoodies.

My Nike #99 is XL and is slightly smaller than the Reebok XL.

Also, I think Nike are bringing out Premier and Elite jerseys if they haven't done so already. The regular Nike jerseys are $100 + sales tax over here, so you're paying the same by the sounds of it.
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read