Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2012   #1
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Wow, looks like Jackson has come a long way since his rookie season. Pretty impressive.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2012/10...hutdown-corner
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
Wow, looks like Jackson has come a long way since his rookie season. Pretty impressive.

MSR

Kareem actually did much better than the numbers indicate in the Broncos game.

Of the 5 medium-to-deep passes charged against him, only one was legitimate.
Two were in zones (the last one in the waning moment where the Texans only needed to keep everything in front of them) and two were the responsibility of the safeties.

So yeah, IMHO, KJ has been playing very well.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We no longer have to pray to the football gods because Wade has descended from the great goalposts in the sky to resurrect our defense. From storm clouds of batted down passes to golden 6-picks of glory our defense will plow through the bewildered enemy offense like hyenas on baby gazelles. My friends, the the House of Pain has returned.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post

Yeah, it's funny how so many of our fans said he didn't have the talent to play in this league. Or that he wasn't worthy of a first round pick.

I understand he played poorly, but all rookies do, especially starting at #1 or #2 CB.
Old 10-27-2012   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is "Da truth Explodes"? He'll come in and argue that Kareem is terrible and should be flipping burgers at Burger King.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Yeah, it's funny how so many of our fans said he didn't have the talent to play in this league. Or that he wasn't worthy of a first round pick.

I understand he played poorly, but all rookies do, especially starting at #1 or #2 CB.
Not all. I am happy for KJ.
Old 10-27-2012   #7
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Where is "Da truth Explodes"? He'll come in and argue that Kareem is terrible and should be flipping burgers at Burger King.
I want EllisUnit to eat crow and finally admit he was AND is wrong about this kid. I knew time would tell the true story. Can someone make this happen?
Old 10-27-2012   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
yeah, it's funny how so many of our fans said he didn't have the talent to play in this league. Or that he wasn't worthy of a first round pick.

I understand he played poorly, but all rookies do, especially starting at #1 or #2 cb.
lol.
Old 10-27-2012   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ is really maximizing his talents out there.

He has historically struggled most against taller, bigger WRs. (Duh) Not sure if we have a big enough sample size to evaluate on that front?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

I will only speak for myself and I was firmly against Jackson when he was drafted. He was not a bump and run corner & that was how he was being played. You can re-write history but KJ spent a lot time stumbling and catching up when he tried to bump a vet & missed. He did not have the coach he has now. The best things about KJ was he did not allow the pressure to screw with his psyche and he listened to the new coach.

The team we had in 2010 was not conducive to a first round pick not reaching his peak until his third season. We needed help immediately. Regardless, Texans coaches took a project and made him into an apparent very good player. Props to them and to KJ.
Old 10-27-2012   #11
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll speak for myself too, I thought there could be no way that KJ would be able to recover mentally from what happened to him in his rookie season. Been proved wrong, and just imagine if JoJo can get himself healthy over the bye week.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll give it until the end of the season before commenting here.

His career is in its 3rd year, not even to the halfway point of that 3rd season...it's a bit premature to start the whole "I'm calling everyone out!" thread. Geez, let's fit the guy for a HOF jacket already I suppose. LOL.
Old 10-27-2012   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

He's having a much better season so far. I can think of only 1 instance when he looked like the old Kareem Jackson when he doesn't turn his head around.
Old 10-27-2012   #14
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'll give it until the end of the season before commenting here.

His career is in its 3rd year, not even to the halfway point of that 3rd season...it's a bit premature to start the whole "I'm calling everyone out!" thread. Geez, let's fit the guy for a HOF jacket already I suppose. LOL.
I agree it's too early for that, but I think it looking promising. I'm sure we all remember 2010 and these numbers are a vast improvement. Let's hope he continues this pace!
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I want EllisUnit to eat crow and finally admit he was AND is wrong about this kid. I knew time would tell the true story. Can someone make this happen?
Was? Kareem Jackson was the worst starting corner in the league in 2010. Now, he deserves mention as a Pro Bowl possibility. Jackson should get credit for much of his improvement, but where would he be without the tutelage of Vance Joseph and Wade Phillips. Fact is that since Wade arrived, a lot of things that stunk now smell like roses.
Old 10-27-2012   #16
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Was? Kareem Jackson was the worst starting corner in the league in 2010. Now, he deserves mention as a Pro Bowl possibility. Jackson should get credit for much of his improvement, but where would he be without the tutelage of Vance Joseph and Wade Phillips. Fact is that since Wade arrived, a lot of things that stunk now smell like roses.
It was wrong to call the guy a bust halfway through his first season. Especially when you look at the help he had around him.
Old 10-27-2012   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
he's been too busy posting at the forum he spends most of his time at. I'm sure he'll be back soon.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

For those who preferred Devin McCourty over Kareem Jackson.

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-en...blockID=793685

Make sure you listen every words to the end.
Enjoy!

Note the date: 10/26/2012
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Kareem Jackson was the worst starting corner in the league in 2010.
Almost the worst...

See below: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=23

Last edited by Playoffs; 10-27-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Reordered the list below.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Almost the worst...

.................................................. ...Snaps.........Rating
096 Kareem Jackson HST ......................908..........-11.3
096 Cortland Finnegan TEN ..................1209..........-11.3
098 Derek Cox JAX ...............................691.........-11.5
099 Richard Marshall CAR......................1114.........-11.7
100 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie ARZ....1132..........-13.4
Cromartie?? DRC?? Isn't he on the dream team?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read