Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-27-2012   #1
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2096 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What do you think about Peyton?

I'm not sure what the TT consensus is on the sheriff, but...

I think the guy is un-freaking-believable. Easily the greatest QB I've ever seen, including Aaron Rodgers, and he's probably the best of all time. Unfortunately he spent 9 years making a laughing stock of the Texans D, but he had to play somewhere.

There was a lot of talk earlier this year that he'd lost it, but he's showing once again why the Texans dreaded 2 games every season. I am still a huge fan of his. He is an amazing signal caller and a funny + nice guy to boot.

Your thoughts?
Old 10-27-2012   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you think about Peyton?

It could be argued he is the best QB in the history of the league. I wouldnt argue against the statement as he has changed the position , look how many other teams try to do what he does at the LOS now.

It could be argued that one superbowl win isnt enough ... to be in that rarified air but .... teams win superbowls not individual players.

Ive hated the guy since the Texans joined the NFL because he didnt play for my team and did what he was suppose to do .... win games.

I didnt really believe he would play well this year or again for that matter , he's shut me up. But like the way he always seems to find a way to come back and win a game , he came back and defeated injury.

Dont care that the Texans didnt make a serious run at aquiring him asthey just didnt have the cap space. Would have been nice to have that calibur of signal caller .... but I understand the financial side just wouldnt work.

I hope we dont see the Bronco's in the playoffs ... Peyton still scares me , 3 score lead or not , until the final gun sounds. (I did say on more than one occasion that I believe we'll see a Texans Bronco's AFC title game).

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick II Draw View Post

I think the guy is un-freaking-believable. Easily the greatest QB I've ever seen, including Aaron Rodgers, and he's probably the best of all time. Unfortunately he spent 9 years making a laughing stock of the Texans D, but he had to play somewhere.

There was a lot of talk earlier this year that he'd lost it, but he's showing once again why the Texans dreaded 2 games every season. I am still a huge fan of his. He is an amazing signal caller and a funny + nice guy to boot.

Your thoughts?
I think the guy's brother is awesome. He is clutch like no one else, already won 2 Super Bowls and a 1st ballet HOFer. Peyton might make the HOF himself and sharing the last name with Eli will certainly help his cause.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #4
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2096 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

So...

Peyton isn't a 100% first-ballot HOFer, but might benefit from being Eli's brother?

Old 10-27-2012   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I think John Elway deserves Executive of the Year for getting Peyton and dumping Tebow. Big gamble and it looks like a big payoff. The Broncos are one of 3 AFC teams that have a legit shot at the Super Bowl.
Old 10-27-2012   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I think the guy's brother is awesome. He is clutch like no one else, already won 2 Super Bowls and a 1st ballet HOFer. Peyton might make the HOF himself and sharing the last name with Eli will certainly help his cause.
LOL rep.
Old 10-27-2012   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not the real, he's a jabroni piece of shet... - sheiky baby
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2012   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Homer.

Peyton is a much better QB than Eli.

As to best of all time I still go Staubach. But Peyton other than whining to officials is what every coach would write down on paper as what he wants for QB.
Old 10-27-2012   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Super bowl wins should be a factor when ranking Qb's but not the most important factor. Some Qb's are just dealt a better defense and running game than others. Classic example is John Elway. The dude is one of the best ever, probably top 5. But he was getting blown out in Super Bowls until he finally got a running game and a decent defense. And all of sudden, boom!!! Back to back titles.

Manning colts are never going to be rembered for a strong defense or running game. It was basically Peyton and his recievers tearing it up. If Peyton was the Steelers Qb from the get go and Roethlisberger was the Colts Qb, I am almost certain that peyton would have at least three maybe even four rings to his credit. And Ben wouldn't have sniffed a ring.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Best of all time? Montana. But Unitas, Staubach, Marino, Peyton, and Brady are all in the mix.
Old 10-27-2012   #11
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Peyton>>>>>>>>Eli as a QB. Just IMHO. If I had to guess which one is a sure lock first ballot HOF'er, it'st Peyton, not Eli.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton is (still) the enemy.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Take a look at the teams Peyton has beaten vs lost too.

Atl/Hou/Pats Lost

Pitts/Raiders/Jags/Chargers. Wins.

Not discounting Peytons abilities,but when they have to play good teams in the cold later this yr I dont see things going well for Peyton/Broncos. Good teams seem to be able to take advantage of Peytons inabities to overcome his lack of arm strength. Bad teams on the otherhand are more likely too be lined up wrong or Peyton can fool them into putting their defenses into bad situations. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Peyton and Eli will be amongst the best ever when they retire.
Old 10-27-2012   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Best of all time? Montana. But Unitas, Staubach, Marino, Peyton, and Brady are all in the mix.
Unitas leads that pack...his consecutive TD streak in an era where you could hammer the wr's at any point anyplace on the field is one of the more remarkable things ever. I don't think Staubach belongs in that group...he was good though. For the record, I like Manning...both of them. I even liked Eli when everyone around here was down on him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Tom Brady has done more with less throughout their careers. He's had multiple OC's, an interchanging revolving door of WR's, never really had a great running game, and has had a few seasons with a great defense to help. Brady's post season record trumps Peyton's post season record and he has beaten him more times in the post season. When Brady had an elite WR in Moss for the first time he broke all types of records. When Moss was kicked to the curb he still lit it up with trash other then Welker and some TE's that wouldn't be nearly as good on other teams. Brady has also beaten Manning in the post season more times when it counts. For all of the talk that people mention of Manning and his audibles, they completely forget about the times Manning's decision making has cost his team games in the playoffs. Manning has one ring and in his other SB he threw an epic pick that cost his team the game. When Favre does that people over hype it big time. But realistically Manning's career accomplishments are going to be a lot closer and more similar to those of Farve while Brady's will be a lot more similar and closer to Montana.

As for Montana who I believe is the 2nd best QB of all time. Well Brady's stats are already better then his in just about all categories.

By the time that Rodgers retires, I think he is right up there with Peyton as well. Probably better.

But anyone suggesting that Eli is better then his brother is a prisoner of the moment. Eli has gotten better and better, but people forget the weapons Eli has right now for some reason. He's had a great running game for years, he has elite level WR's and two of them actually. And with Cruz, Nicks, and Hixon, and a great D, well that's a hell of a team to be surrounded by.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

People were not hip to Eli because he's not the fiery jumping bean that his brother is.

I think people read Eli as being a bit aloof and sort of uninterested in being the best.

Funny thing is that he's achieving championships and cranking out season after season as a competent QB, and people still say things like "Tony Romo is underrated. Really, Romo is a great QB who just doesn't have the pieces around him..." LOL. Seriously, that people bag on Eli and exalt Romo (not saying in any way I'm targeting posters here, just making general statement) its utterly laughable.

My dad is a lifer for the Cowboys, and he seriously has a deep rooted hatred for Eli Manning. I think it's partly his past dislike for Archie...but there's some QB envy going on too. If Eli was leading the Cowbabies to Super Bowl titles, my dad would be the biggest Eli fan in Texas.
Old 10-27-2012   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Super bowl wins should be a factor when ranking Qb's but not the most important factor. Some Qb's are just dealt a better defense and running game than others. Classic example is John Elway. The dude is one of the best ever, probably top 5. But he was getting blown out in Super Bowls until he finally got a running game and a decent defense. And all of sudden, boom!!! Back to back titles.

Manning colts are never going to be rembered for a strong defense or running game. It was basically Peyton and his recievers tearing it up. If Peyton was the Steelers Qb from the get go and Roethlisberger was the Colts Qb, I am almost certain that peyton would have at least three maybe even four rings to his credit. And Ben wouldn't have sniffed a ring.
In the grand scheme of things, I think that Elway is maybe the most underrated QB ever. He led his team to 3 SB's early on with a ton of trash. He then, went on to win two SB's when he had better weapons beating Favre in one of them.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #19
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Homer.

Peyton is a much better QB than Eli.

As to best of all time I still go Staubach. But Peyton other than whining to officials is what every coach would write down on paper as what he wants for QB.
If it's not named John Elway, it's not the greatest ever.
Old 10-27-2012   #20
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick II Draw View Post

Your thoughts?
One of the best ever, and my favorite NFL player of all time.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read