Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-26-2012   #61
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 338 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You & Texans Bye week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I watch all the games on Sunday so it won't be any different for me...well, watch most of the games and keep up with all of them on NFL red zone. That's really not watching "all" of the games but I'm watching most of the good stuff. A little zombie action at the end of the night is in order as well.
by zombie action you mean resident evil 6? love that game...and may not be a texans game but my provider has the colts,titans game...I think it be a interesitng matchup
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #62
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 160520 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal View Post
I went to Saltgrass once.

ONCE!
Yeah, we had a good time but it was because WE were having a good time, not because of the overwhelming greatness of this place.

We will not go back.
Old 10-26-2012   #63
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I kind of did tonight what I was going to do Sunday, I had a date with my wife.

Went to the Saltgrass Steakhouse on 183 near Braker.

Atmosphere: C-
Appetizers: F-
Steak: A
Steak cooked as ordered: F

Overall, not worth the $76.00 ($90.00 with tip).

If I were on a first date there I would have felt the cards were stacked against me.
damn that's a tough grade. I would invite you over to the draft forum to grade http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95719 our 3 Amigos Texan Bye Week Mock Draft but don't think we could take the constructive review

ps. same thing happened to me, my recommendation: split a steak meal then skip straight to the desert, they usually have a pumpkin cheese cake around Halloween through Thanksgiving that's to die for

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #64
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Yeah, we had a good time but it was because WE were having a good time, not because of the overwhelming greatness of this place.

We will not go back.
Our company's HQ used to be across the street from the Saltgrass south on 59. We would go there about once a month. What I found was Saltgrass is good for their salads and steaks, but NOTHING else on their menu. And way overpriced, even on the lunch menu. And very slow about getting your food to you.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #65
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Our company's HQ used to be across the street from the Saltgrass south on 59. We would go there about once a month. What I found was Saltgrass is good for their salads and steaks, but NOTHING else on their menu. And way overpriced, even on the lunch menu. And very slow about getting your food to you.
This has been my experience with Saltgrass too. Decent steaks if you don't starve to death waiting on them to show up. There are too many good steak houses in Houston ...hell, Texas period... to waste my time at Saltgrass.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #66
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I intend on pooping a lot.
I second the motion.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #67
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going "roller skating with my GF. I HATE roller skating! Real skating is done on ICE damn it!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #68
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Cut up videos, make gifs, post them for people to enjoy

I want the Texans to meet these chumps in the Superbowl and get some payback.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 10-26-2012   #69
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I'm going "roller skating with my GF. I HATE roller skating! Real skating is done on ICE damn it!
Really, who goes roller skating? The only time is does any good is when the girl from Sonic brings my super sonic cheeseburger. Probably shaves a couple seconds off delivery.

*Sig by False Start*
-David Daye
Old 10-26-2012   #70
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal View Post
Gun range!
Gotta practice with my PM9 and sight in my bullpup 7.62.
man...I haven't been to the range in forever.
Old 10-26-2012   #71
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Really, who goes roller skating? The only time is does any good is when the girl from Sonic brings my super sonic cheeseburger. Probably shaves a couple seconds off delivery.
Two things:

1. I like your new avatar.

2. My GF used to do roller derby and she roller skates. She roller skates I skate on ice and occasionally I join her on the wood. I can't roller skate at all.
Old 10-26-2012   #72
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Quote:
Two things:

1. I like your new avatar.

2. My GF used to do roller derby and she roller skates. She roller skates I skate on ice and occasionally I join her on the wood. I can't roller skate at all.
Thanks! Although I don't think I've changed Avatars in years, lol.

I concede on the roller derby, I guess there are 2 good reason for roller skates. Food delivery and Derby.

*Sig by False Start*
-David Daye
Old 10-26-2012   #73
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24254 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
man...I haven't been to the range in forever.
Note the fee for veterans on Veterans Day and the Sunday before:

http://hotwellsshootingrange.com/ind...132&Itemid=258

I know you're on the other side of town, but when it's free, it's just gas money!
Old 10-26-2012   #74
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Marching band contest this weekend.
Old 10-26-2012   #75
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Going to the movies with my niece,she wants to see Taken 2.
Old 10-27-2012   #76
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 338 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I want the Texans to meet these chumps in the Superbowl and get some payback.
I Dont bigggest payback is packers missing the superbowl..odd i rather cowboys vs texans for superbowl first off i see it as a easy win.. but be biggest rivarly since atm and longhorns
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #77
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be enjoying a long weekend - taking Monday off - and will be pulling for the Patriots, Colts, Giants and Broncos on Sunday, and the 49ers on Monday night. Lots of good games on tap.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #78
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
Going to the movies with my niece,she wants to see Taken 2.
Saw it last night. Predictable and not as good as Taken.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #79
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Fishing, as usual
Didn't get to fish. Jacked my back up and had to chill at the house all weekend. I have my third visit to the chiro tomorrow. I sure hope we make progress with it, otherwise, I'm bailing.

I've always been skeptical of chiropractors, but I really hope this cat comes through for me. Hunting season starts this weekend!
Old 10-29-2012   #80
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I will be enjoying a long weekend - taking Monday off - and will be pulling for the Patriots, Colts, Giants and Broncos on Sunday, and the 49ers on Monday night. Lots of good games on tap.

Well, looks like you're on a roll!! Hope that win streak continues tonight!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read