Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-24-2012   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Could Tebow be traded?

Speculation abound about his Tebowness. Seahawks? Jaguars?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...efore-deadline

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #2
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Could Tebow be traded?

Who would want him ? He is a bad QB and the circus sideshow that follows him really isn't worth what his skills bring to any team.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Speculation abound about his Tebowness. Seahawks? Jaguars?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...efore-deadline
Ha. I am in Seattle with my son, who is moving here. Time to torture him with the Tebow to Seattle rumor.
Old 10-24-2012   #4
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Elaine Gabbert injured? I can see the Hags giving up a 1st and 2nd rounder next year for Tebow. That's what they burned to draft Elaine, then they can use their 3rd-7th picks on special teams players.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Tebow would wreck the good beginnings the Seahawks have, imo.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, not a Tebow fan at all but the Jets have been absolutely incompetent at their attempt to work him into the offense. 3 passing attempts 22 rushing attempts. Seriously it is like they are brain dead. He is not a RB. Look at his moderate success in Denver - 271 passing attempts to 121 rushes. The Jets are trying to use him as a RB who can arguably throw the ball rather than as a QB who can run.
Old 10-24-2012   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We could always use another TE!
Old 10-24-2012   #8
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jax needs something to put butts in the seats. Besides gabbert is not all that at qb. I know tebow is a gadget player and lousy qb but he could really bring some much needed excitement to that dud fanbase.
Old 10-24-2012   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

MJD is out with a foot injury, so they could use another RB. Blaine Gabbert is out with a strained cervix, so they could use another half-assed QB. Seems like a good match, but what will the Jags have to send in return? A 5th? Their coveted third round punter? Chad Henne's corpse?
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Tebow and root for him. I am not saying I think he is an NFL caliber QB but I just enjoy watching him. Probably because he has so many haters.

The Jags should seriously consider bringing him in. It would at least put them on the map outside of the Jacksonville city limits. I am just north of Orlando and the Jags are a secondary team here behind the Bucs. However they get very little run or pub around here (except on Bud Light boxes). This area is Gator crazy so bringing in Tebow would change that.

Personally I don't want it because I like to root for the guy which would not happen if he is in Jax. However they should pull the trigger and give up some serious picks that will cripple them in the long run.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #11
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Ha. I am in Seattle with my son, who is moving here. Time to torture him with the Tebow to Seattle rumor.
All these band-wagoners jumping on the pacific northwest Texans fanclub! :P I'm in Seattle on Saturday actually for the UW-Oregon State game!

I think Russell has got a lot of maturing to do - but I definitely see a NFL worthy starting QB in him, and for that reason I don't think that they'll be Tebow shopping. Having Lynch in the backfield sure takes some pressure off a new QB to succeed right away.

The Jets have really shot themselves in the foot here. The fans are starting to boo whenever Tebow leaves the field, and Sanchez's position has QB#1 has been utterly undermined because they've brought in a situational running back.
Old 10-25-2012   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah gabbert is hurt MJD is hurt they need to sell tickets the jags seem like the most logical place to want him
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #13
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't get why Seattle would want to trade for him?

Wilson is doing beyond what most people expected of him and they have Flynn as his backup.

Jacksonville....could care less, but it's pretty obvious the Gabbert Experiment isn't looking good and it could give them a boost. I'd just look forward to the Texans defense teeing off on him twice a year.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh goody. Another place to talk Tebow. I wish to touch myself.
Old 10-25-2012   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i granturee U one way or another the Texans will see Tebow again in a starting QB role
Old 10-25-2012   #16
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
MJD is out with a foot injury, so they could use another RB. Blaine Gabbert is out with a strained cervix, so they could use another half-assed QB. Seems like a good match, but what will the Jags have to send in return? A 5th? Their coveted third round punter? Chad Henne's corpse?
Epic post.

Must spread rep, damn.
Old 10-26-2012   #17
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I'd never normally like to see a team draft a player for simply putting bums on seats, but I thought the Jag's were out of their minds to pass on him. I actually quite like the Jags as a team, all divisional rivalry aside, but if they continue to lay the tarp game after game they are going to be in serious trouble.

I also think the right coach could make Tebow a revelation, get a college style Offense on the go and it'll cause problems for NFL D's IMO.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
You know, I'd never normally like to see a team draft a player for simply putting bums on seats, but I thought the Jag's were out of their minds to pass on him. I actually quite like the Jags as a team, all divisional rivalry aside, but if they continue to lay the tarp game after game they are going to be in serious trouble.

I also think the right coach could make Tebow a revelation, get a college style Offense on the go and it'll cause problems for NFL D's IMO.
Last year in Denver was pretty damn close to a college style offense that Tebow is going see again. He was more effective as a runner than passing the football. The real revelation here is that this is a pocket passer league.

Cam Newton lit the league on fire last year....this year not so much. League defenses caught up to what the Panthers were doing offensively and he's not getting much production out of his line of high priced backfield.

RG3 is the new deal this year, but to me same song song different verse. Once defenses see him the second time around or one defense gets a scheme that effectively bottles him up as a runner, can he make all the rest of the throws that a QB needs to make to be effective and turn elite? What also has to be a concern is he's already got one concussion.

I said it before the draft RG3 is probably going to have a more dazzling first year while Luck is going to have a dazzling career. Can Mike and Kyle help RG3 turn the same corner McNabb did and Cunningham did later is his career as a athletic QB capable of manipulating the pocket? We'll all have to see.

At any rate if Tebow hasn't turned a corner yet....I doubt he will. At this point if I was him I'd ask to be traded to Jax so I could ride off into the sunset in Florida.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just can't wait to find out!! Oh, where will I go to ..............nevermind. I just can't believe there's a freaking Tebow thread here. I mean for God's sakes, he's a back up to what should be a back up.
Old 10-26-2012   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

man what happen if the Texans get ol tim tebow ???? how would we use him could Kubes Mold tim tebow ?????

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read