Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-25-2012   #81
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the Texans trading for Dwayne Bowe?

For the capaologist around here, what cap relief, if any, is there when placing a player on IR.
Old 10-25-2012   #82
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
For the capaologist around here, what cap relief, if any, is there when placing a player on IR.
Good point, not sure but I would think Cushing's pay would not count against the cap for the rest of the year. If we just wanted to trade for a player for the rest of this year and then let him go then no harm done. Of course I would not give much for a one year rental but if it helps us to the super bowl then a mid round would work for me.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #83
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Pretty much none. All guaranteed money and salary for the year count against the cap, any prorated signing bonuses also count against the cap. The only thing that may be affected are incentive bonuses that don't get earned for obvious reasons.

We lost Mario in Week 5 last year, and of course we didn't get 18 million dollars to play with. Too bad though, would be nice to have the room.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #84
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Pretty much none. All guaranteed money and salary for the year count against the cap, any prorated signing bonuses also count against the cap. The only thing that may be affected are incentive bonuses that don't get earned for obvious reasons.

We lost Mario in Week 5 last year, and of course we didn't get 18 million dollars to play with. Too bad though, would be nice to have the room.
Man that blows, I thought if they have a chance of coming back then yes no releif, like PUP or something but when you lose them for the year and eliminate them from returning then you get releif, at least in my eyes that seems fair.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #85
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
It may be that a quality WR is available but not an ILB or OT.
yeah... You may be right, that there are no reasonably-priced, studly ILBs or OTs on the open market right now. But I'd save up my picks just in case someone becomes available.

And Bowe would be getting starter's money... so do you guys seriously see him supplanting K.W. or A.J. as a starter?? Do you REALLY see that happening??
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #86
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
yeah... You may be right, that there are no reasonably-priced, studly ILBs or OTs on the open market right now. But I'd save up my picks just in case someone becomes available.

And Bowe would be getting starter's money... so do you guys seriously see him supplanting K.W. or A.J. as a starter?? Do you REALLY see that happening??
Bowe stats are equal to AJs so easily supplant Walter. He could supplant AJ when he retires or becomes a WR2. I think he would prolong Johnson's career as Bowe would take coverage from AJ more than anyone we have now.
Old 10-27-2012   #87
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I think if we were trading for Bowe, we would have pulled the trigger by now. They'd want him learning the offense as soon as possible
Old 10-27-2012   #88
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I think if we were trading for Bowe, we would have pulled the trigger by now. They'd want him learning the offense as soon as possible
Yeah. Not gonna happen.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #89
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Bowe stats are equal to AJs so easily supplant Walter. He could supplant AJ when he retires or becomes a WR2. I think he would prolong Johnson's career as Bowe would take coverage from AJ more than anyone we have now.
Are we talking about career, or this season? Andre is having a down season.

I personally think Bowe is talented & could possibly replace AJ, but I wouldn't bet on it. I wouldn't mind having him, then we'll be hoping that Aj returns to form, Posey develops into a true 1b, or Bowe develops into a true 1b... I like them odds.
Old 10-28-2012   #90
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i always thought he was a TE ... not a WR ....i doubt its us tho esp when we drafted 2 WR's last draft
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #91
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Are we talking about career, or this season? Andre is having a down season.

I personally think Bowe is talented & could possibly replace AJ, but I wouldn't bet on it. I wouldn't mind having him, then we'll be hoping that Aj returns to form, Posey develops into a true 1b, or Bowe develops into a true 1b... I like them odds.
Nobody replaces AJ! NOBODY!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read