Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2012   #41
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: texans strike fear

Well now Mario is saying he needs wrist surgery or something right before the big "Judgement Day" game, so he might not even play. I was hoping he would since he sucks so bad but I guess we'll have to line up against someone who might try.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #42
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Well now Mario is saying he needs wrist surgery or something right before the big "Judgement Day" game, so he might not even play. I was hoping he would since he sucks so bad but I guess we'll have to line up against someone who might try.
I'm speculating, but.. Unless Mario's wrist is Broken, if he doesn't suit up to show the world Houston made a mistake, he loses any credibility he may have in the world of football. What does it say to any other player in the NFL?

I think it will expose Mario's problem: He's hung like a hamster.

Mario has everything to lose. Suit up or not. If he suits up, the expectation is that he's got to have the game of his season. There's no other game on his calendar that can shadow this one and I don't believe he'll impact the game much. As a positive, at least, he'll still continue to have folks in Buffalo wondering what's wrong with Mario. But not to even suit up.. The whole world will know.
Old 10-24-2012   #43
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Bills have gotten NOTHING so far for the money they paid for Williiams and Anderson.

I'm VERY happy we passed on Mario. He's an Albert Haynesworth type mistake for Buffalo.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #44
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That was the 4-12 season and Fitzpatrick was a rookie with the Rams. We were leading in the game when he came in.

I hates me some Bills.
I thought it was the 2-14 season. I remember the Texans were winning by 2 or 3 touchdowns in the 3rd (I think) and Fitzpatrick was their 3rd stringer. He came in and the Texans defense made him look like Joe Montana! I think they won in OT if I'm not mistaken. Ugly game for the Texans and brutal to watch! Talk about defeat snatched from the jaws of victory!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #45
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

hahaha some of those Bills posts are hilarious. Especially the one about Foster getting excited, jumping up and breaking his ankle, and then Tate taking his place and running for 200 yards
Old 10-24-2012   #46
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I thought it was the 2-14 season. I remember the Texans were winning by 2 or 3 touchdowns in the 3rd (I think) and Fitzpatrick was their 3rd stringer. He came in and the Texans defense made him look like Joe Montana! I think they won in OT if I'm not mistaken. Ugly game for the Texans and brutal to watch! Talk about defeat snatched from the jaws of victory!
You're right. I mis-typed. I meant 2-14.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #47
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex View Post
hahaha some of those Bills posts are hilarious. Especially the one about Foster getting excited, jumping up and breaking his ankle, and then Tate taking his place and running for 200 yards
dont forget foster ascends to right hand of the farther:P
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #48
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I rather like this post from that Bills board.

Quote:
Houston is playing this year with a gimondulous chip on their shoulder. They were arguably the best all-around team in football last year until Schaub got hurt. They went to the playoffs with their 3rd string QB. And they got very little respect in the press for it. It's like "that team in Texas - you mean, the Cowboys?" The Texans don't want to win this year. They want to dominate. They will look at what NYJ and NE and SF did to us and they will be out to do more, better, quicker.

I would like to watch a game where the Bills play scrappy. I think we will be watching a vivisection.

As for Mario, taking plays off gets to be a habit, just like anything else a guy keeps doing. So he may want to play well, but his habits will stand against him.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Didn't Fitzpatrick soul crush us when he played for the Rams? It was in Reliant, and the starter got injured...so in comes Fitzpatrick and he leads them back, nailing some sort of bubble screen to a WR (or a quick slant) and the dude was off to the races.

Fitzpatrick schooled us, granted back in the REALLY bad days of the Texans...but still, nobody needs to chalk this up as a sure-fire W for us.

Green Bay knocked us around really hard, and they were supposedly a wounded team.
Great insight GP. I see what you are saying. I also understand what many think about power rankings. However, I see power rankings as the media's example of what we as fans do all the times. Maybe subconsciously but we've all got an idea of who's good, who's bad, who's the best, who's the favorite to make the Super Bowl, who won't make the play-offs etc...

That said, & acknowledging the any given Sunday if the Bills come in & beat us, everybody is going to know something is wrong. It shouldn't happen.

IT did happen to the Packers, so stranger things & all. They responded & whupped us the following week. That whup'n they gave us should prevent a team like the Bills from coming in to Reliant & getting a win.

If they are who we think they are.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read