Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2012   #1
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Daryl Sharpton???

Any news on his return? I know he was supposed to come off PUP. We could use some extra inside help.
Old 10-23-2012   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Daryl Sharpton???

I don't think there's been any news, but he has two more weeks I believe until the Texans either have to add him to the 53 man roster or rule him out for the rest of the season.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #3
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been oddly quiet considering the need. Like we might as well write him off.
Old 10-23-2012   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe Kubiak has mentioned Sharpton is running full speed & looking good but as yet not practiced with team or taken part in any contact drills. I'm sure he will get tested with the team after the bye week to make determination concerning his availabilty this season.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #5
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

battleredblog.com said he wouldn't be back in the near term. They had some quotes from Kubes I believe.
Old 10-23-2012   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
It's been oddly quiet considering the need. Like we might as well write him off.
Wasn't he still on crutches a couple of weeks ago?

I'm not holding out any hope of Sharpton making it back this year.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I heard that he is interviewing for a job with his uncle Al.
Old 10-23-2012   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
battleredblog.com said he wouldn't be back in the near term. They had some quotes from Kubes I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Wasn't he still on crutches a couple of weeks ago?

I'm not holding out any hope of Sharpton making it back this year.
Like you guys are saying, the quotes I saw from Kubiak (regarding adding Sharpton to ease the loss of Cushing, back in the aftermath of our Jets game) is that it doesn't look promising.

He said something to the effect of Sharpton wouldn't be ready even by the time Sharpton comes off the injured list. So that means he's probably going to get fully I.R.'d unless he makes a huge turnaround soon.

Joe Flacco is not exactly a great test of our defense, either. I worry that this one beatdown we put on Flacco and the Ravens is more mirage than mettle. WITH Cushing, I think we're the best team in the league. Without him, I fear we're vulnerable to teams like Green Bay who have playmaking QBs who can beat the blitz better than Flacco can.
Old 10-23-2012   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I don't think there's been any news, but he has two more weeks I believe until the Texans either have to add him to the 53 man roster or rule him out for the rest of the season.
He has about 2 1/2 weeks to start practicing and 3 weeks more until he has to be placed on the 53 man roster. If he misses either of those deadlines, he is dead meat until next season.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

When pec0sb0b's "rumor" was revealed last week (being seen on crutches), I stated that he would have most likely had an additional surgical procedure that we may only find out about "later.".......and, if so, he was unlikely to return this season.
Old 10-23-2012   #11
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 338 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Like you guys are saying, the quotes I saw from Kubiak (regarding adding Sharpton to ease the loss of Cushing, back in the aftermath of our Jets game) is that it doesn't look promising.

He said something to the effect of Sharpton wouldn't be ready even by the time Sharpton comes off the injured list. So that means he's probably going to get fully I.R.'d unless he makes a huge turnaround soon.

Joe Flacco is not exactly a great test of our defense, either. I worry that this one beatdown we put on Flacco and the Ravens is more mirage than mettle. WITH Cushing, I think we're the best team in the league. Without him, I fear we're vulnerable to teams like Green Bay who have playmaking QBs who can beat the blitz better than Flacco can.

cushing was a huge loss..but the afc is a joke this year..and if we are as good as team as people say we are we will coming out stronger..imo we had more key losses last year..we lost our qb and still almost made it to afc chapionship game..im not worried about our team getting exposed in the playoffs...more worried about the nfc but to really face them is to be in the superbowl..even if we dont win making it to superbowl would probably bring alot to people like johnson who been with this organzation for years even when he could of easily left..
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #12
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Thanks for the information everyone. Well, I hope that Ruud guy works out!
Old 10-24-2012   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...a-cc570da5e8a9

Sharpton tore his right quadriceps last season in Week 8 and was placed on injured reserve. He was placed on the PUP list after suffering a setback in his rehab early in training camp.

Sharpton was eligible to return to practice last week but has yet to do so. The Texans feel like he’s close. Last week, Kubiak said Sharpton has been working with trainers on a side field during practice and running “very, very well.”

Sharpton has until Nov. 7 to start practicing. From the day he starts practicing, the Texans have three more weeks to activate Sharpton from the PUP list. That means the latest he could be back on the active roster is the week leading up to the Texans’ Week 13 game at Tennessee.

If either deadline passes, Sharpton would not be able to play this season. He would remain on the PUP list.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #14
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Sharpton tore his right quadriceps last season in Week 8 and was placed on injured reserve. He was placed on the PUP list after suffering a setback in his rehab early in training camp.

Sharpton was eligible to return to practice last week but has yet to do so. The Texans feel like he’s close. Last week, Kubiak said Sharpton has been working with trainers on a side field during practice and running “very, very well.”

Sharpton has until Nov. 7 to start practicing. From the day he starts practicing, the Texans have three more weeks to activate Sharpton from the PUP list. That means the latest he could be back on the active roster is the week leading up to the Texans’ Week 13 game at Tennessee.

If either deadline passes, Sharpton would not be able to play this season. He would remain on the PUP list.
Thanks man! That is exactly what I was looking for. Let's hope for the best. Sharpton returning to full post injury form would be a huge boost in the middle, imo.

MSR, can someone get that for me?
Old 10-24-2012   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Thanks man! That is exactly what I was looking for. Let's hope for the best. Sharpton returning to full post injury form would be a huge boost in the middle, imo.

MSR, can someone get that for me?
Got him.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Before everyone gets too excited, let me take you back to:

Quote:
Darryl Sharpton 'real close'

June 4, 2012 - 7:25 PM ET

Texans ILB Darryl Sharpton (quadriceps) looks "real close," according to coach Gary Kubiak.

Sharpton has been running on the side as the Texans conduct their OTAs. The third-year run-stuffer should have no problem getting to 100 percent ahead of training camp.

Source: HoustonTexans.com
Eerily familiar
Old 10-24-2012   #17
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Lightbulb Re: Daryl Sharpton???

I dont think he makes it back until next year.
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #18
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Dobbins looked great last game. I'm not too concerned yet.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #19
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Got him.
Thanks!
Old 10-24-2012   #20
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Dobbins looked great last game. I'm not too concerned yet.
Dobbins isn't really my concern (I thought he even did well in coverage a few times!), That Bradie James character is what concerns me. Maybe if he didn't have a shoe deal with a cement company, he'd be less worrysome.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read