Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-23-2012   #41
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the Texans trading for Dwayne Bowe?

The Texans will trade for Bowe as soon as Eva Longoria calls me and tells me she wants to hook up.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #42
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Highly doubt the Texans make a radical move like this mid-season. This is generally a conservative bunch and I don't think it's their style. Would be nice though to have someone like Bowe lineup next to AJ. If he's really rumored to be coming to the AFC South, I think it's probably the Titans.
I would normally agree with this, but the Texans should be in a "this is the year" mode. If the salary cap works, this is the type of move that a we are ready now team would/could /should do. The biggest real question with the Texans offense is can the team lean on the passing game to win football games? I know that when close or ahead, the passing game is fine. Not sure when down 10 in the 4th quarter and we have to pass to win.
Old 10-23-2012   #43
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I would normally agree with this, but the Texans should be in a "this is the year" mode. If the salary cap works, this is the type of move that a we are ready now team would/could /should do. The biggest real question with the Texans offense is can the team lean on the passing game to win football games? I know that when close or ahead, the passing game is fine. Not sure when down 10 in the 4th quarter and we have to pass to win.
I agree that the window to win in the NFL is a short window unless you're the Steelers, Packers, and the Pats. I hope the Texans can become a perennial contender like those teams, but it's tough to sustain that kind of success over the long haul. I just don't see Rick Smith pulling a move like this. Bowe can be a great red zone asset for us, but it'll take him a long time to pick up this complicated offense.
Old 10-23-2012   #44
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

It'd be nice if it were true. Won't happen though. No way the Texans shake up the team right now. If they had laid a stinker against Baltimore, then maybe we do something out of the ordinary. But not right now.

I'd love to sign Bowe in the offseason though. The guy would thrive in this system. It's not often you get to sign a franchise WR in free agency.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #45
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Bowe wouldn't help anybody at this point in the season. We are at the half way point, he would have to come in and learn a brand new playbook. Not only that but he would then need to build chemistry with the QB and rest of the team.

I say the Titans, only Bud could be this dumb.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

Only Texans and Indy make sense and for Indy it's not a bad trade considering they are in similar situation with an aging Reggie Wayne.
I could see Indy, they're probably kicking themselves in the butt for letting Garcon go. The remainder of their schedule is pretty dull, minus Texans (x2) & Patriots. They can possibly make a play-off run with a little luck.... <--luck, I crack myself up.
Old 10-23-2012   #47
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick Smith is anti/trade.

Would never make a big deal like this.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #48
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
yeah, I like TJ too, but if it was the texans, i dont see who else we would trade.
If the Chiefs saw a future with Bowe, they wouldn't be talking about trading him. If they trade him, I'm sure they'll take a chance on a few chill'n....... Posey maybe, Posey & Martin?

Maybe they'd like a wily vet? KDub & Posey?
Old 10-23-2012   #49
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it possible to negotiate a long term deal when trading for a franchised player in the middle of a season? That's the only way this could even remotely be possible. I don't see it happening.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #50
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Some thoughts:

The blurb said "KC still wants to trade Bowe". So nothing has changed including why he was not traded before now.

If Texans are still $4m under cap & Bowe cap hit is $5m that is doable.

Take the time and read these posts from beginning; several say Bowe would be great and others say take him too long to learn system. hmm

stats Bowe: 2012 Regular Season 34 66 427 12.6 33 3 28
stats A.J. : 2012 Regular Season 34 53 444 13.1 60 2 25

How can a player of Bowe skills not be a plus across from AJ? If you are a opposing DC will you play him loose hoping he does not yet know the play book? Me neither.

If cap is not an issue, what would KC want? Picks, a player or both?

2013 draft KC should have first or second pick & could get Geno Smith or Barkley and use our first round pick on next greatest need. KC would want more but not in position to get more from Houston
Old 10-23-2012   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
man, your age is getting to you Bill...
Whoa.... what???? Who is the old fart that's close to my age????
Old 10-23-2012   #52
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

True

Bowe could renogtiate a new contract and fit under the cap.

I would be willing to give up a 1st rd pick for Bowe.

Indy has a really good WR corps. Tacks have a good set of WR's. So this must mean Bowe is going to the Jags.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #53
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't think it's the Texans. We got young talent and too many receivers fighting for a spot.
Old 10-23-2012   #54
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
It'd be nice if it were true. Won't happen though. No way the Texans shake up the team right now. If they had laid a stinker against Baltimore, then maybe we do something out of the ordinary. But not right now.

I'd love to sign Bowe in the offseason though. The guy would thrive in this system. It's not often you get to sign a franchise WR in free agency.
I doubt they started talks after the Baltimore game.

I was in denial until the Greenbay game about Andre's abilities. That game, if you ask me, was like not having Andre, but Andre was on the field.

Yeah, KDub had a great game Sunday & that probably could work, may have given us a little leverage, we're not as desperate, because we've still got the kids to work into the offense... they did get more playing time.

But if you are having to decide between Kevin Walter(s) or Dwayne Bowe... well, this ain't Maden or Fantasy, but I'd jump all over it. Heck, I'd trade the lot of Martin, Jean, & Posey for Bowe.
Old 10-23-2012   #55
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Whoa.... what???? Who is the old fart that's close to my age????
You said Harrison, he been done gone. Pretty sure you meant Wayne.
Old 10-23-2012   #56
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

No way Jose.
Old 10-23-2012   #57
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

(Rob Parker voice) Noo way, Noooo hoooow.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #58
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

While I get your point, it's not completely true. While Rick Smith is always chanting the "Build Thru the Draft" mantra, he'll pull the trigger when he needs a certain piece here or there. Those move usually happen during the off-season.

I would think, if he's gonna do a trade, it would be to upgrade the ILB spot. He's already spent more resources than usual on WR this year. Snagging Bowe would be admitting KW - or LeStar Jean - ain't enough and the KMart and Posey picks were fails.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #59
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Bowe wouldn't help anybody at this point in the season. We are at the half way point, he would have to come in and learn a brand new playbook. Not only that but he would then need to build chemistry with the QB and rest of the team.

I say the Titans, only Bud could be this dumb.
Titans would be my guess, as well.

Britt is a constant threat to get suspended, slowly coming back from the knee injury too.

Kendall Wright is not the big sensation they thought he was going to be on draft day. He's not total garbage, but he's not carrying that offense and neither is Britt. Only Nate Washington remains, and he's not exactly torching secondaries.

They need help at WR. They have the space and money to add Bowe.

That's IF the rumor of it being an AFC South team is true.
Old 10-24-2012   #60
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

How many beers has Dwayne Bowe's agent has bought for Sedano and his producers lately? If I were Bowe I'd be willing to buy a few rounds to get the heck out of there too. Bad team, no hope, re-rebuilding imminent.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read