Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2012   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our first round pick Whitney Mercilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I was very satisfied by the OLB play today, top to bottom and I think at least some of their success stems from the fact that we actually saw a rotation today. Fresh legs doing damage. It's hard to talk up a player that isn't producing but I think the more focused fan can see that Barwin hasn't been completely absent despite the numbers. It's a helluva lot harder to flat out IGNORE production though and I gotta say, Mercilus has been producing at a higher clip than Barwin this season. I'm not trying to say switch them out....but I am trying to say keep the rotation alive. It's clearly enough to keep Barwin/Reed on their toes and Mercilus/Braman getting some snaps is only going to push them to do better.

Looked to me like the Ravens sold out on Watt and said somebody else beat us....and EVERYONE else did lol.
I agree with you, except I think Mercilus is being held back for IF we need him in an injury situation.

This past game was great for him, and us, because it shows what he can do in a real game versus a legitimate team's offense. However, it's good to put that in our back pocket and not risk him getting injured.

He could be playing a HUGE role down the line for us, and it might be in a saving grace sort of situation. But if he gets hurt this early, and we need him down the line, it'd suck pretty bad. That's my view.

It's like we're getting a sneak peek at an upcoming blockbuster movie that is just around the corner.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read