Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-22-2012   #41
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Need your help. Please. Begging. Cool Stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I signed up, but I gotta say this site looks pretty lame... Those questions were ridiculous, and most of the answers didn't align with what came to mind. Good luck on the Super Bowl tickets though!
And good luck to you too.

The Texans in a NOLA SB is just almost too beautiful and perfect to imagine. It would be such a homegame given the proximity. And good that the team has played there some so are familiar with it.

And now, with social media, it could be big fun arranging meet ups at places. The possibilities boggle the mind.

I like to dream about this. We just need some injury luck. And some breaks. And some good matchups. And for the team to play like it can.
Old 10-22-2012   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

*BUMP*

Little time to get Steph voted in.
Old 10-22-2012   #43
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
*BUMP*

Little time to get Steph voted in.
Wooohoooo!!! Just a few hours left. Ends at 11:59 ET.

Here's the direct link to fill out profile: http://www.fan-cestry.com/?utm_sourc...n%3DFan-cestry
Old 10-22-2012   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah Steph, I tweeted it out again.. I'll get another one or two out before I shut it down... As an aside, I'm kinda workin' on the whole, "hair of the dog" routine at this point!
Old 10-22-2012   #45
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Yeah Steph, I tweeted it out again.. I'll get another one or two out before I shut it down... As an aside, I'm kinda workin' on the whole, "hair of the dog" routine at this point!
Thanks for taking one for the team.
Old 10-23-2012   #46
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Thank y'all.

Got an email saying they will tell us the winner come Thanksgiving. Because P&G's relationship with the NFL, I know they will be giving away more free legit stuff, so I will let you know when there's cool opportunities.
Old 10-23-2012   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Thank y'all.

Got an email saying they will tell us the winner come Thanksgiving. Because P&G's relationship with the NFL, I know they will be giving away more free legit stuff, so I will let you know when there's cool opportunities.
I tried to send you a DM on twitter. Unfortunately you don't follow me so it couldn't be sent. I kid, no worries. Anyway, this R&B / Soul performer named Milana May (@milanamay) that follows me (why I have no idea) retweeted one of my last tweets from yesterday.... Unfortunately, she re-tweeted today. Sorry.

I also hit up Billy Zabka.... Yes, that Billy Zabka from Karate Kid.
Old 10-23-2012   #48
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What???

You're friends with that bully that beat up little Ralph Macchio? He cheated sweeping the leg like that!

Steph, Steph, Steph ...... what are we going to do with you?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
What???

You're friends with that bully that beat up little Ralph Macchio? He cheated sweeping the leg like that!

Steph, Steph, Steph ...... what are we going to do with you?
"GET A BODY BAG...... YEahhhhhh!"

BTW, Billy Zabka is a great follow.... Dude embraces his role in 'Karate Kid' (and many others}

AND WILL respond to you.... He's a really cool cat!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2012   #50
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Likewise, not currently a US resident so I wasn't eligible. But best of luck. I think you and I were in South Florida for the '07 Super Bowl at the same time, TC. If the Texans are there in NOLA, I will move heaven and earth to be there for it...I've got family in the area so I have a minor head start.

Hope to see all of you there! Good luck with the contest, Steph.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #51
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
I tried to send you a DM on twitter. Unfortunately you don't follow me so it couldn't be sent. I kid, no worries. Anyway, this R&B / Soul performer named Milana May (@milanamay) that follows me (why I have no idea) retweeted one of my last tweets from yesterday.... Unfortunately, she re-tweeted today. Sorry.

I thought I did follow you. ???

Maybe it is the Twitter unfollow thingy.
Old 11-21-2012   #52
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

We did it!!! Can't tell you how excited I am!!!

HAPPY DANCE Y'ALL!!!!

I won the SB Bowl ticket contest.

Texans need to do their part.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA H!!!!
Old 11-21-2012   #53
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We did it!!! Can't tell you how excited I am!!!

HAPPY DANCE Y'ALL!!!!

Texans need to do their part.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA H!!!!
Congrats! Who won the other tickets?
Old 11-21-2012   #54
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Congrats, Steph!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #55
Tailgatejoe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgatejoe is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
P&G and the NFL have a website called "Fan-cestry" where they are asking questions about fan histories and giving you a result.

I'm one of 16 sports and/or mommy bloggers asked to get people to sign up for it. If I get the most people to sign up using my specific url, I win two tickets to the SB.

And if I win, 2 of my participants win too. Win-win. It would be good for Houston folks to win.

I'm going to NOLA anyway. I rented a place in July. You know. Because NOLA is fun and well, if my team... well.

In any event, I need people to sign up using this specific url:

http://www.fan-cestry.com/?utm_sourc...n%3DFan-cestry

One you cast your vote, that url will change into your profile due to your computer's cookies, I think.

But I only get credit for signups using that, and I think it requires everyone that does it to use a Facebook sign up.

So I ask all of y'all to take 5 minutes to answer their questions, and then cut and paste this link to Facebook friends and beg them to do it.

I think I have as good a shot as any. Half the bloggers are mommy bloggers. A bunch of the other ones are from the northeast and may cancel each other out. Here's the blog post I wrote about it.

Thanks for whatever help you can give me and sharing it with other groups of friends.

-Steph

I signed up. I'll post it on my TailgateJoe fb and try to get some signups.
Old 11-21-2012   #56
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Congrats! Who won the other tickets?
Not sure yet.

Find out on Monday more info.
Old 11-21-2012   #57
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats Steph!

Glad I could help. Here's hoping the Texans cooperate.

How cool is it to win Superbowl tickets TWICE?
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #58
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Congrats Steph!

Glad I could help. Here's hoping the Texans cooperate.

How cool is it to win Superbowl tickets TWICE?
Amazing.

I'm actually 2-4 in active contests trying to win SB tix.

After I was on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, I've become a lot more WTH about stuff. It was a super longshot to pass the test, audition, get picked to be in the pool, and then be chosen (right before the show was cancelled). And the whole experience was very surreal.

But life changing.

After that, I sort of felt more of a "why not" about things that are uncomfortable or hard or scare me a little. And very much a believer of you can't win if you don't try.

I studied a lot of philosophy in college which tends to be hypercritical about everything. Somebody has a theory about something like the meaning of life or ethics or whatever, and then your job is to poke holes in that idea. Which is usually pretty easy to do.

Like many people in college, I was searching for answers and meaning and was scared of the world.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that if all these old, usually dead, smart guys didn't have all the answers, I shouldn't be expected to either. But that I still need to figure out how to live my life.

So I came to the conclusion about two things:

1. Life is meant to be experienced in a joyful, positive and fun way as long as you don't hurt yourself or others. As a gift. Some days that is easier to do than others, but it is aspirational.

2. Christianity and the ethos as preached in the New Testament is beautiful, makes a lot of good sense, and works for me.

I know that's a terribly long, goofy discussion, but what I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to live my life with joy and happiness, which is best done when you can share it and experience it with other people.
Old 11-22-2012   #59
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats, Steph!
We know you always represent well.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read