Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2012   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Quotes: Texans vs. Ravens postgame

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...8-0c182b615638

Quote:
HEAD COACH GARY KUBIAK (Transcribed by Greg Dillard)
(on establishing a franchise points record today) “I really didn’t know that until I walked off the field. We got off to a slow start. They’re very difficult, some of the things they do but we just kind of hung in there. Defense made the big play to kind of spark the football team and then we moved the ball pretty darn good for three and a half quarters. It was a team effort. The thing I was most proud of today I think everybody pitched in. I think a lot of guys were doing some good things. I think the leaders, (QB) Matt (Schaub), (WR) Andre (Johnson), (DE) Antonio (Smith), the guys that are captains of our football team picked it up a notch today.”

(on if there was anything he didn’t like offensively) “I’m sure I’ll find something. It’s what I do for a living. I didn’t like the way we came out of the locker room in the third quarter. We missed a blitz. (RB) Arian (Foster) missed a blitz. We had a good conversation about that. Those things are going to happen, but it’s how you respond to things like that. Boy he responds. He’s huge on the next drive. I think it’s a 13 or 14 play drive. That’s what this game is about, week to week, responding to adversity in the games, responding to adversity. Like I said today, we were really into what we were doing and we were there all day long so it was a good team effort.”
Quote:
(on RB Ben Tate) “He had a good week of practice and he’s important. He gives us a spark when he’s in there, but also that little one (RB) Justin (Forsett), you all watch him at the end, he’s a heck of player. But Ben’s (Tate) got a little hamstring issue. We come out of the game with Ben (Tate) having a hamstring issue. (OLB Bryan) Braman’s got a stinger that we’re dealing with. (NT) Earl Mitchell has an ankle. Probably our most concern is Ben (Tate) coming out of this game. We do have some time on our hands.”
Quote:
(on QB Matt Schaub’s attempt at blocking Ravens’ LB Terrell Suggs ) “He asked me about his block and I told him I didn’t think there was much to talk about there.”
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quotes: Texans vs. Ravens postgam

Barwin
Quote:
(on if OLB Whitney Mercilus’ sack-fumble amped him up a little bit more before the safety) “Well yeah. If Whit (Mercilus) has a sack and I have no sacks, that’s really bad (laughs). No, I was happy for him. He was unblocked that play too, so we both got unblocked two plays in a row, so good job, Wade (Phillips). No, I was happy for him. I was kind of upset because he knocked the ball out on my side and I was back behind and I wish I had been there to recover it.”
Quote:
(on if he likes wearing the red) “Everybody on our team likes wearing the red. We always talk about we wish we could wear the red more than once a year.”

(on if he felt it to be a more stimulating aggressive color, psychologically) “No I don’t think so. I just think we like how we look in the red. I don’t think that psychologically we’re not thinking that much before the game about our uniform.”

(on if thinks it’s cool to see the red in the crowd) “Yeah, no, somebody said that to me today. I didn’t even notice, (OLB Brian) Cushing or something, saying that the red looks good and the stadium looks awesome with everybody wearing all red.”
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #3
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quotes: Texans vs. Ravens postgam

Thanks for the post. I heard his presser after the game but you can't always hear the questions being asked. I am worried about Tate. Hopefully 2 weeks will be enough rest. If not we'll be all right with Forsett against the Bills.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quotes: Texans vs. Ravens postgame

From the quotes - just wanted to point this out for the field turf advocates:

Quote:
Andre (Johnson) right now is playing as good to me the last two weeks he’s looked closer to himself than the start of the season. I think he’s really starting to come along and feel a lot better about things. We got off the turf. We’ve been on grass now for a few weeks and he’ll get a break. I think he’s only going to get better throughout the course of the season.
Old 10-22-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“I’m concerned about everything,” Harbaugh said, via Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun. “What aren’t you concerned about? Sometimes you get tossed out of the bar. We came in with hype, with good intentions and ready to battle. I thought our guys fought. We kept running back in and they kept throwing us back out.”
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...lumn?page=2&1=
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
"Sometimes you get tossed out of the bar. We kept running back in and they kept throwing us back out."

That's funny right there, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
"Sometimes you get tossed out of the bar. We kept running back in and they kept throwing us back out."

That's funny right there, LOL!
Yeah, I 'd at that -- great quote.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2012   #8
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playoffs View Post
msr
Old 10-22-2012   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
(on if he likes wearing the red) “Everybody on our team likes wearing the red. We always talk about we wish we could wear the red more than once a year.”

Right on! I agree.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
From the quotes - just wanted to point this out for the field turf advocates:
Thank you!!! Other than Bellacheats comments after (who was it that blew out his knee), most players like the surface at Reliant. It may not be "ready made" for pretty TV by the end of the season, but it's generally good on knees, ankles and the like...........

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read