Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-18-2012   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Need your help. Please. Begging. Cool Stuff.

So no Facebook, no help to you?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #22
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
So no Facebook, no help to you?
This is how you can help if you have no Facebook.

Go to this link: http://www.fan-cestry.com/?utm_sourc...n%3DFan-cestry

Sign up. It only shows a Facebook signup, but if you try to hit cancel, it will give you an option for a regular sign up.

Send an email to your friends to sign up. You can either send just the link above, or you can send the easily shareable blog post I wrote about it:

http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/20...-bowl-tickets/

On other message boards? Lots of NFL fans out there who want free SB tickets. Share it with them.

On Twitter? Ask people/athletes with a lot of followers to help you spread the word about this. If you get someone to do it, let me know here.

Work someplace cool? Ask your co-workers, friends to help out. One of my friends got everybody from her office to sign up.

The last day is Monday at midnight ET. So the good news is that this is a relatively short contest. But we need to get on this quick.

Any body else have ideas? My web connectivity is so bad at Reliant, I can't set up shop in the tailgates.

What I've learned in the world is that it is not easy to ask for help but that people are often cool and want to help when asked. And this is a relatively easy ask it because takes 5 minutes and could result in SB tix.
Old 10-19-2012   #23
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
so i got to a profile page that has my facebook picture...is that all or is there something else i'm supposed to do
That doesn't sound right.

If you click on the unique link: http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/20...-bowl-tickets/

You should get a page that introduces Fancestry and has a page of all the teams.

Then sign in. You have a choice between FB signin or cancel, but if you hit cancel you get a regular sign in.

They have a rules page thingy. Agree.

Then you answer a bunch of questions.

Then they give you a profile.

/from memory.
Old 10-19-2012   #24
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just curious, what is fancestry supposed to do in the future? I see it labels me as a certain type of fan, but after that, what is its purpose?
Old 10-19-2012   #25
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
This is how you can help if you have no Facebook...
Done!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #26
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Got you covered TC
Old 10-19-2012   #27
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Done
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #28
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Done, can't wait for all the new junk mail and telemarketer calls to come pouring in!
Old 10-20-2012   #29
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I sent out a bunch of emails
Old 10-20-2012   #30
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I sent out a bunch of emails
I did, also. With the stipulation that if they win the tickets they have to take me. I don't think it's too much to ask in life to be there when your team is in the Super Bowl. Despite the poor game last Sunday, I still think this is our year.
Old 10-20-2012   #31
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
If you sign up, and you mentioned you did here, I repay you with uh, rep points!
Your payment is now past due. Please remit ASAP. Thank you.
Old 10-20-2012   #32
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Just curious, what is fancestry supposed to do in the future? I see it labels me as a certain type of fan, but after that, what is its purpose?
I'm not exactly sure.

I know that the Take it to the House P&G page often has other NFL-focused fan giveaways, ones where there's not so many participants that you have no chance.

Will say that the last time I participated in the P&G NFL stuff, I didn't notice an uptick in mail/spam so I wouldn't expect that. But obviously I can't guarantee.
Old 10-20-2012   #33
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Done. A Super Bowl in the Big Easy with the Texans representing us. It won't get much better.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #34
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 629 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Signed up. My timeline looks funny since there is nothing from when I was born until the Texans were formed.
Old 10-20-2012   #35
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
Signed up. My timeline looks funny since there is nothing from when I was born until the Texans were formed.
Yeah. It's sort of sad.

Also, it doesn't include all three colors for the Texans.
Old 10-20-2012   #36
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
I think its funny how they can't use player's names.

I signed up, good luck TC!
Old 10-20-2012   #37
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 629 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I think its funny how they can't use player's names.

I signed up, good luck TC!
Haha, ya, that is pretty sad. I didn't think twice about that at first - I looked it at kinda like a quiz. I kept thinking they were going to test me to see how much I knew from the early years to prove I was a fan since then...
Old 10-21-2012   #38
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Thanks to all of you who are participating. Contest ends Monday at Midnight.

Every bit helps.
Old 10-22-2012   #39
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope you're getting tons of help ...all the best with this
Old 10-22-2012   #40
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I signed up, but I gotta say this site looks pretty lame... Those questions were ridiculous, and most of the answers didn't align with what came to mind. Good luck on the Super Bowl tickets though!
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read