Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2012   #101
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our first round pick Whitney Mercilus

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Not sure how Watt going up middle or around end opposite Barwin has anything to do with reducing Barwin's numbers? Should he not at least be getting close to QB? Until today, how many balls did Conner bat down?
I've seen Barwin get around the QB in multiple games this season.. he just hasn't been able to get the sacks, but it's not like he was being shut out from supplying pressure (Like Mario in Buffalo). He didn't have a sack until week 5 last season.. it took a extra game this year. Sometimes when they come, they come in bunches. Let's hope that this is a sign that the law of averages are starting to level out and Barwin's sack #s are about to blow up.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #102
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see Reed, Barwin, Mercilus and Brahman all on the field at the same time. Put Reed and Brahman in the middle.

By the way Brahman's name should start going on some probowl ballets soon if he keeps up his special teams play.
Old 10-21-2012   #103
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I want to see Reed, Barwin, Mercilus and Brahman all on the field at the same time. Put Reed and Brahman in the middle.

By the way Brahman's name should start going on some probowl ballets soon if he keeps up his special teams play.
Braman in the pro bowl?

Hahahahaha...

I love Braman, buts he's not making the pro bowl as a back up and special teams guy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #104
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Braman in the pro bowl?

Hahahahaha...

I love Braman, buts he's not making the pro bowl as a back up and special teams guy.
There are special teams specific pro bowl slots. Usually they are reserved for return guys though
Old 10-21-2012   #105
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Braman in the pro bowl?

Hahahahaha...

They go to the pro bowl every year.. If I remember correctly Molden made it one year.. or was a alternate.
Old 10-21-2012   #106
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 7197 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

This! I think if Reed can handle the defensive calls then this would put our most athletic LBs on the field. Would be fun to watch some plays of this team on the field.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #107
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
There are special teams specific pro bowl slots. Usually they are reserved for return guys though
I know that.

Braman is not going to the pro bowl in his current role either which was my initial statement.
Old 10-21-2012   #108
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
They go to the pro bowl every year.. If I remember correctly Molden made it one year.. or was a alternate.
No they do not. Kick returners usually occupy the special teams position.

And please show me where molden was ever on anyones pro bowl radar.I don't remember that. I searched the net and couldn't find anything. Maybe I missed it.

Will demps was an alternate one year, but he was a starter at safety.
Old 10-21-2012   #109
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And please show me where molden was ever on anyones pro bowl radar.I don't remember that. I searched the net and couldn't find anything. Maybe I missed it.

It doesn't really matter. When someone says "Great Special Teams!" they aren't thinking of the Houston Texans. Braman could be the best gunner in the NFL and he wouldn't garner a second look on our awful squad
Old 10-22-2012   #110
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:

My bad.. they don't hold alternates for ST positions, but he was up for consideration one year as he was one of the best gunners in the league.. the only year he was healthy. Osgood of the Chargers went that season.

However gunners do make the probowl.. they actually have a position on STs. There's 4 ST positions in the probowl.

Kicker
Punter
kick returner
and
Special teams player... usually elite gunners. Like Osgood was.
Old 10-22-2012   #111
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
My bad.. they don't hold alternates for ST positions, but he was up for consideration one year as he was one of the best gunners in the league.. the only year he was healthy. Osgood of the Chargers went that season.

However gunners do make the probowl.. they actually have a position on STs. There's 4 ST positions in the probowl.

Kicker
Punter
kick returner
and
Special teams player... usually elite gunners. Like Osgood was.
I understand all that.

Braman is not going to anyones pro bowl.
Old 10-22-2012   #112
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I understand all that.

Did your magic 8 ball tell you that?

I understand that it's not likely, because he doesn't have a lot of notoriety, but I don't understand the motive of writing him off with 100% certainty.. he has been a top gunner this year and whether he goes or not, he is deserving.
Old 10-22-2012   #113
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand all that.

you obviously dont based on your flip flopping on it every second post

braman is one of the best ST'ers in the league. id say he has a very good chance of making the probowl actually. your reasoning is terrible btw- the jags had a bad offence last yr, that didnt stop mojo making the probowl
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #114
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I understand that it's not likely, because he doesn't have a lot of notoriety, but I don't understand the motive of writing him off with 100% certainty.. he has been a top gunner this year and whether he goes or not, he is deserving.
Our best gunner this year has been Ball.
Old 10-22-2012   #115
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 263816 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Our best gunner this year has been Ball.
Ball has been lights out on ST.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #116
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I am hoping that Mercilus/Watt becomes our Derrick Thomas/Neil Smith combo.

In my mind Thomas/Smith is the greatest DE/LB combo of all time.

Good call. They were my favorite also.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #117
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Braman isn't s gunner...

Do you even know what you're saying?

You sound ridiculous trumpeting Braman for the pro bowl.
Old 10-22-2012   #118
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
you obviously dont based on your flip flopping on it every second post

braman is one of the best ST'ers in the league. id say he has a very good chance of making the probowl actually. your reasoning is terrible btw- the jags had a bad offence last yr, that didnt stop mojo making the probowl
You need to learn how to read. I haven't given any reason. I haven't even commented in what I think of his special teams play. But hey, if you want to live in your fantasy land where Braman is on the pro bowl radar go ahead.
Old 10-22-2012   #119
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You need to learn how to read. I haven't given any reason. I haven't even commented in what I think of his special teams play. But hey, if you want to live in your fantasy land where Braman is on the pro bowl radar go ahead.
What crawled up your rear end? For someone who isn't commenting you sure are going out of your way to crap on everyone's posts/opinions...
Old 10-22-2012   #120
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I was very satisfied by the OLB play today, top to bottom and I think at least some of their success stems from the fact that we actually saw a rotation today. Fresh legs doing damage. It's hard to talk up a player that isn't producing but I think the more focused fan can see that Barwin hasn't been completely absent despite the numbers. It's a helluva lot harder to flat out IGNORE production though and I gotta say, Mercilus has been producing at a higher clip than Barwin this season. I'm not trying to say switch them out....but I am trying to say keep the rotation alive. It's clearly enough to keep Barwin/Reed on their toes and Mercilus/Braman getting some snaps is only going to push them to do better.

Looked to me like the Ravens sold out on Watt and said somebody else beat us....and EVERYONE else did lol.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read