Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2012   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Houston Texans are the best team in the AFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Party-pooper.

Ravens are second best in the AFC according to their record. I agree that we're likely to see a better matchup with the Patriots.
yeah, but the AFC is really awful right now. I think the only two non .500 or worse teams played in Houston today. I'm excited about us having a good team. I just don't think the Ravens are that good in their current configuration.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #22
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, but the AFC is really awful right now. I think the only two non .500 or worse teams played in Houston today. I'm excited about us having a good team. I just don't think the Ravens are that good in their current configuration.
That said, it feels good to be king of the losers after a decade of struggling to be relevant.

What is really exciting to me is what I'm seeing from the coaching staff. Did anyone else notice the drive at the end of the half when we were up 26-3... I think there were 11 passes and no rushes (not even a play action, I don't think). I happen to believe in running the ball. However, it seems a clear response to the realization that this team will need to be able to succeed in passing situations when it matters against good teams. They are preparing the team for a serious championship run, understanding they need to continue to work on their weaknesses, even if they can hide them against all these lesser foes.
Old 10-21-2012   #23
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
That said, it feels good to be king of the losers after a decade of struggling to be relevant.
Right. We've seen the Texans lay down for so many teams over the years, it's nice to have a few of them lay down for the Texans.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #24
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38103 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

This was the kind of game this team ALWAYS used to lose.

This was a battle of 5-1 teams, fighting for sole possession of
1st place in THE CONFERENCE. The Texans not only won, but they
beat THE BRAKES off Baltimore.

This season, the Texans look not only like a contender for the AFC
Championship, but THE dominant team to beat.

Is it me, or have the last 3 or 4 Texans opponents been having to tell THEIR
squads "Next Man Up" in epidemic proportion?
Old 10-21-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Old 10-21-2012   #26
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

when we make the Super bowl i wonder who we will face

What if its the Packers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #27
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Take care of business one game at a time.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #28
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
when we make the Super bowl i wonder who we will face

What if its the Packers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So what if it is?

Past matchups have absolutely nothing to do with future ones unless the team lets it become a mental block.

Look at recent history:

2007 - Giants lose both regular season games to the Cowboys, lose at home to the Packers, and lose at home to the Patriots. In the playoffs they beat GB and Dallas on the road and NE in the Super Bowl

2010 - Green Bay lost to Atlanta and Chicago in the regular season.
They beat both of them in the playoffs (on the road).

2011 - Giants lost to SF on the road and Green Bay at home in the regular season and then beat them both on the road in the playoffs.

We could lose again, but we could easily beat them. There isn't a team in the NFL that the Texans can't beat. They were flat and didn't play with the same level of intensity that Green Bay did. Maybe under the bright lights on the biggest stage in the world they could once again look lost, but I would like our chances in a rematch.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #29
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

for now. they beat a injury ravaged ravens team. Texans did what they were suppose to do.

Greatness needs constant verification. Lets see how we do vs new england.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #30
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

We played well. There's no question about that. I don't think the Ravens at the end of the season will have the 2nd best record in the AFC. That being said, we still beat a very good team and likely a playoff bound team. It's important that they bounced back from a horrific loss, and took care of business. They need to get healed up and come out swinging after the bye.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #31
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 11126 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

Whiny ***** syndrome is a national epidemic. Beat the 5-1 Ravens 43-13? Not good enough. Go in the bye 6-1 and in control of the AFC? Nope, it doesn't matter because the game they lost cancels out every thing else.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #32
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, it feels good to be top dogs!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #33
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137393 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, IMO the team stopped reading their own news clippings after the Packers game and stepped it up. I think, in the long run, that loss will do us much more good than harm. It showed the Texans that they're not immortal, and when they play like their lives are on the line, there's not one team that can beat them.

Watch out, NFL. Texans have showed up to play some ball.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
We could lose again, but we could easily beat them. There isn't a team in the NFL that the Texans can't beat. They were flat and didn't play with the same level of intensity that Green Bay did. Maybe under the bright lights on the biggest stage in the world they could once again look lost, but I would like our chances in a rematch.
Not saying we'll get to the Super Bowl, but I'd love it if it were the Packers that we faced. Old Texans' teams would probably tuck their tails every time they faced an opponent "they never beat" or perceived to be an "elite" team.

Not these guys. I think they'll be looking for the Packers.
Old 10-22-2012   #35
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
for now. they beat a injury ravaged ravens team. Texans did what they were suppose to do.

Greatness needs constant verification. Lets see how we do vs new england.
The Jets just took New England (at home) to overtime. I'm not sure NE is a good measuring stick either.

I'm more interested in what they do against the NFC North the rest of the way.

That being said, the Texans are clearly the class of the AFC and it's not close.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #36
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
The Jets just took New England (at home) to overtime. I'm not sure NE is a good measuring stick either.

I'm more interested in what they do against the NFC North the rest of the way.

That being said, the Texans are clearly the class of the AFC and it's not close.
TBH, I've thought the jets have looked better since playing us (thought the same of the Titans and Miami). It's like we energize the teams we play against. either that or they start working on improving their run game. Probably both. Don't forget the Jets put up a 35 last week (sure it was against the colts). Inconsistent teams change from week to week.

Btw, I still hate the Jets, Dolphins, and Titans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read