Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2012   #301
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Walter can go sit on the bench..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Shoulda had two TD's .... Schaub missed him on one and had another one way off target that Walter bailed him out on after getting .... all alone wide open.

How bout that INT saving tip / catch by Graham ....
The drive where Schaub missed him deep was the same one KW got his TD on.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #302
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Houston, I think we've got a #2 WR
Old 10-21-2012   #303
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

KW will never be a speed burner, but he HARDLY drops passes. He's a sure-handed guy who's definitely done a BETTER job of getting downfield this year. He should be a solid No. 3 but he's our No. 2 and I'm OK with that.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #304
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always been an a KW fan. He may not be flashy, or high profile but he can catch the ball in some clutch situations

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #305
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

For a guy with no speed he can still get seperation deep downfield, must run some MEAN routes.
Old 10-21-2012   #306
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I went off on KW a lot before the season. He is pleasantly surprising me at this point and playing better then expected. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Last edited by Texecutioner; 10-21-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #307
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I went off on KW a lot before the season. He is pleasantly surprising me at this point and playing better then expect. Hopefully he can keep it up.
To me the biggest difference is having AJ out there healthy and coverages rolling to him and KW has always been good at getting into holes in coverage. He's not a typical WR or the kind that you and I would want for a #2 slot on the WR corps, but he's certainly got a niche in the offense. I do think it's a matter of time before he does get supplanted and moved down into the #3 where he's better suited. I don't know if he's exceeding my expectations as much as he looks better in the role he's supposed to be in.

Overall the execution in this offense has been impressive this year in that this offense will come at you from different angles. They're a run first team with Foster and Tate, they can go over the top with AJ, OD is killing people over the middle (already has matched last season's TDs), and it seems like other people, while not consistent, are stepping up and making plays when they need it. Schaub has been pretty much like a conductor in this offense this year distributing the ball.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #308
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
The drive where Schaub missed him deep was the same one KW got his TD on.
Thats why I said he should have had 2 TD's ... the other one Schaub made go to the turf when he was all alone. That ball thrown accurately he coulda jogged to the endzone.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #309
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Houston, I think we've got a #2 WR
fo sho
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #310
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

KW plays amazingly well 1 or 2 games a year, pretty well for a bunch of others, and disappears for a few. This is not out of his normal production. Ravens were missing their #1 corner. He had a good matchup and exploited it. I wouldn't call this a breakout performance just yet
Old 10-21-2012   #311
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kw is doing what he needs to do. Catch footballs and get open. This is what will keep him as a starter. Blocking and stuff is great, but wr's must catch footballs.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #312
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

The rabid Lestar Jean fanbase has been awfully quiet this year.
Old 10-21-2012   #313
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
KW plays amazingly well 1 or 2 games a year, pretty well for a bunch of others, and disappears for a few. This is not out of his normal production. Ravens were missing their #1 corner. He had a good matchup and exploited it. I wouldn't call this a breakout performance just yet
He does what he always does. He is a GREAT complimentary receiver and possession guy. No one would ever call him a #1 WR (although when he has been #1 with AJ out he has done pretty decently) but he is all you want in a #2. Reliable, great hands, in great sync with the QB, aware of down and distance and a great blocker.
Old 10-21-2012   #314
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin Walter is still on of my favorite Texan. His kick butt attitude and catching damned near everything thrown his way will keep him on my list. Some things can't be coached or taught. Attitude is one.
Old 10-21-2012   #315
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Kw is doing what he needs to do. Catch footballs and get open. This is what will keep him as a starter. Blocking and stuff is great, but wr's must catch footballs.
To me it looked like Kubiak changed their roles up a little bit. He knows that Andre is still going to get a lot of attention, but he didn't ask Andre to sprint up field. Andre did a lot of hooks, quick outs, a lot of "possesion" type stuff. KDub.... I don't know if I ever saw him downfield that often.

We finally found a receiver that can't outrun Matt's arm, & that may be a good thing for us. If Kubiak can keep drawing up plays to get him open..... may actually make more sense than trying to get the young'ns up to speed.

Andre still appears to be high on Schaub's progression list, 9 catches for 86 yards... add a touchdown & I'd take that any day, every day.
Old 10-21-2012   #316
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
He's been hurt and out for the past several weeks. Nothing to cheer.
Old 10-22-2012   #317
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Jean made a few plays when given the opportunity .... he's been inactive after a knee scope for the past couple weeks. I expect him to contribute when he returns .... believe it or not , he's much like Walter.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #318
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Jean made a few plays when given the opportunity .... he's been inactive after a knee scope for the past couple weeks. I expect him to contribute when he returns .... believe it or not , he's much like Walter.
Wasn't he on the field yesterday? I think he took several snaps, especially late. I don't think he was targeted, but he didn't look bad.
Old 10-22-2012   #319
AFS
Watt was that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
For a guy with no speed he can still get seperation deep downfield, must run some MEAN routes.
Remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVFQCd8TzU
AFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #320
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

That second deep ball that KDub caught in the middle of the 3rd would have been a TD if he hadn't have hesitated. We scored anyway and took waaaay more time off the clock, which worked out better in my opinion.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read