Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2012   #1
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Good Reading - the Texas showed toughness

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...o-kubiaks-call
Atl Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #2
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Good Reading - the Texas showed toughness

Huh. Never really noticed the C on the captians' jersey's before.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #3
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13099 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
hmmm. i'm confused as i've repeatedly read (especially here) how Kubiak has no leadership skills and the players don't like playing for him. Can someone explain?
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i new we had toughness like 5 years ago when we beat a good 12-2 Tennesse TItans team we havent lost it since .....yeah we got our assed kicked down that road a few times but hey the other teams get payed 2
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #5
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
hmmm. i'm confused as i've repeatedly read (especially here) how Kubiak has no leadership skills and the players don't like playing for him. Can someone explain?
No one ever said players didn't like playing for him. In fact, I'm convinced that the fact that they DO like playing for him is what convinced McNair not to fire him. Kubiaks players have never quit on him.

As for his "leadership" skills, the argument has been that his IN GAME leadership skills and game management (the ability to change course on the fly DURING a game) has needed work. In this area, he has good days (today) and he has bad days (Green Bay). No one really questioned his ability to give rah-rah speeches during the week.

Also, as Kuharsky pointed out in the piece, calling out the captians worked, but it's likely not a card Kubiak can play again. You can only pull that off once. If the Texans slide again, and they need to be motivated again, Kubiak is going to have to figure out another way to get them going. That's his job.
Old 10-21-2012   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
No one ever said players didn't like playing for him. In fact, I'm convinced that the fact that they DO like playing for him is what convinced McNair not to fire him. Kubiaks players have never quit on him.

As for his "leadership" skills, the argument has been that his IN GAME leadership skills and game management (the ability to change course on the fly DURING a game) has needed work. In this area, he has good days (today) and he has bad days (Green Bay). No one really questioned his ability to give rah-rah speeches during the week.

Also, as Kuharsky pointed out in the piece, calling out the captians worked, but it's likely not a card Kubiak can play again. You can only pull that off once. If the Texans slide again, and they need to be motivated again, Kubiak is going to have to figure out another way to get them going. That's his job.
Really great post. Agree 100%. I rep'd you for it (system gave you a +327 in rep points!).

You can't lead from an overly authoritative base too much, or people tune that person out over time. However, I am really frustrated with his inability to see that GB loss coming our way over the week we had to prepare for it. My theory is that the team, both sides of the ball, those guys were seriously bummed over the loss of Cushing.

I really think that was the entire problem last Sunday night--A bit of depression and a lack of focus and determination.
Old 10-21-2012   #7
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Really great post. Agree 100%. I rep'd you for it (system gave you a +327 in rep points!).

You can't lead from an overly authoritative base too much, or people tune that person out over time. However, I am really frustrated with his inability to see that GB loss coming our way over the week we had to prepare for it. My theory is that the team, both sides of the ball, those guys were seriously bummed over the loss of Cushing.

I really think that was the entire problem last Sunday night--A bit of depression and a lack of focus and determination.
Thanks for the rep.

Agree with the GB game-planning: basically, they didn't. They lost focus, and we got beat down.
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2012   #8
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

cool, thanks!
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read