Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-19-2012   #61
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Should I accept this trade" thread

I need to propose a trade. I'll probably need to trade a RB or TE for a WR and/or QB.

I'm loaded at RB. I've got Rice, Richardson, and Morris.

I'm also pretty good at TE right now with Gonzales and Gronkowski.

I'm weak at WR with D. Thomas and Steve Smith.

My QBs in Cam Newton and Rivers are stinking it up this year.

Does anyone have any idea what QBs and WRs I should be targeting with my guys? I'm totally clueless in this area.

edit- standard scoring
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012   #62
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Adrian Peterson for Larry Fitzgerald

My running backs:
Trent Richardson
Reggie Bush
Adrian Peterson

My WRs:
Reggie Wayne
Vincent Jackson
Stevie Johnson
Old 10-20-2012   #63
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I need to propose a trade. I'll probably need to trade a RB or TE for a WR and/or QB.

I'm loaded at RB. I've got Rice, Richardson, and Morris.

I'm also pretty good at TE right now with Gonzales and Gronkowski.

I'm weak at WR with D. Thomas and Steve Smith.

My QBs in Cam Newton and Rivers are stinking it up this year.

Does anyone have any idea what QBs and WRs I should be targeting with my guys? I'm totally clueless in this area.

edit- standard scoring
Give us the players on a team you are thinking about trading with.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #64
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got:
Tony Gonzalez and Vernon Davis at TE (#1, #2 scoring TE in my league)
Reggie Wayne, Vincent Jackson, and Stevie Johnson at WR
Bush, Richardson, and Peterson at RB

He's got:
Fred Davis and Martellus Bennett at TE (low)
Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace , and Mike Williams at WR
McFadden, Forte, and Ridely at RB

Davis is out for the year with an achilles. I feel like theres a way I can trade him Davis or Gonzales and improve either my RB or WR stock at the same time.

I was thinking Vernon Davis + Wayne or Vernon Davis + Jackson for Brandon Marshall

What do you think? Too one sided on my part?
Old 10-21-2012   #65
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I've got:
Tony Gonzalez and Vernon Davis at TE (#1, #2 scoring TE in my league)
Reggie Wayne, Vincent Jackson, and Stevie Johnson at WR
Bush, Richardson, and Peterson at RB

He's got:
Fred Davis and Martellus Bennett at TE (low)
Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace , and Mike Williams at WR
McFadden, Forte, and Ridely at RB

Davis is out for the year with an achilles. I feel like theres a way I can trade him Davis or Gonzales and improve either my RB or WR stock at the same time.

I was thinking Vernon Davis + Wayne or Vernon Davis + Jackson for Brandon Marshall

What do you think? Too one sided on my part?
I wouldn't trade away Vincent or Wayne... the have been as good as any Wr.
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #66
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Wayne & Davis ~= Marshall in non PPR
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #67
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
I wouldn't trade away Vincent or Wayne... the have been as good as any Wr.
Davis + Johnson for Wallace?

Other options include dropping davis and picking up Miles Austin
Old 10-21-2012   #68
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Davis + Johnson for Wallace?

Other options include dropping davis and picking up Miles Austin

That would be the way to go now that the bye week for tony is gone.... I wish either of those receivers were available in any of my leagues.

Both will be good options but i just don't see someone trading Davis for Wallace, if so take it. Austin is a great consolation prize though
Old 10-23-2012   #69
gtexan02
Working?

Adrian Peterson for Calvin Johnson.

Should I do it?

My other RBs are Trent Richardson and Reggie Bush
Old 10-23-2012   #70
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Should I do it?

My other RBs are Trent Richardson and Reggie Bush
No.
Old 10-23-2012   #71
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AP side is favored, unless PPR then it's pretty fair.

May not be the best move for your team, though.
Old 10-23-2012   #72
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
No.
This.... end of discussion
Old 10-23-2012   #73
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131162 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No.
What he said.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #74
gtexan02
Working?

Haha thanks guys
Old 10-24-2012   #75
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Wrong thread oops .....
Old 10-30-2012   #76
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm 7-1 in a standard scoring league with no PPR. Got an offer of:

Mike Wallace and Owen Daniels for Fred Jackson and Marques Colston.

I have FJax ans Colston on my squad

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Ponder
RB: Willis McGahee, Adrian Peterson, Fred Jackson, Daryl Richardson
WR: AJ Green, Malcom Floyd, Reggie Wayne, Marques Colston
TE: Dennis Pitta, Dreesen (Fred David went on IR)
K: Matt Bryant
DST: Packers, Broncos

Right now I'm just rotating Floyd, Colston and Floyd into my flex spot. My TEs are weak, and Wallace isn't much of a dropoff from Colston. I'm not sold on Fjax, and I don't really need him aside from AP's bye week. I can get by with Richardson in his spot though. What do you guys think?
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #77
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Slightly tilted in the other guy's favor, not accounting for strategy.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #78
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Quote:

Right now I'm just rotating Floyd, Colston and Floyd into my flex spot. My TEs are weak, and Wallace isn't much of a dropoff from Colston. I'm not sold on Fjax, and I don't really need him aside from AP's bye week. I can get by with Richardson in his spot though. What do you guys think?
The trade definitely favors have him but i would do it... you really need a TE
Old 10-30-2012   #79
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131162 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Im seeking 2 trades in a ppr:

I give:

tom brady
brandon pettigrew

I get:

Philip rivers
brandon marshall
jimmy graham

2nd trade is

I give:

Fred jackson
Greg jennings

I get:

Calvin johnson

Points in both trades add up pretty close. 2nd owner is desperate for rb's and I have a boatload of them. Im desperate for wr. If either of these go thru they'll probably get vetoed but i'd like some opinions...
Old 10-30-2012   #80
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I'd say no. Wallace and Colston are even. Jackson and daniels favors him completly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read