Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-16-2012   #21
SwoLy-D
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jackass of the game - in the stands

I truly despise these situations. I get rowdy and loud, but never BOO unless it's an extremely clearly bad call, or if it looks unfair. I try not to be negative to anything, even opposing teams.

If I have my kids with me, I will probably just frown and tilt my head while looking at them, and make a pointing motion to my kids, and they'll say "Oh, ok... ok... I'll tone it down, sorry about that" because they see my kids are there, but... they will think I'm an ahole because I ask nicely to stop cursing so much. I guess I need my kids with me at all times?
SwoLy-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #22
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3605 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like the soccer games over here. Go to a Chelsea or West Ham (or any other game for that matter) and the language is utterly disgusting. Sometimes you look around and think "those poor kids are gonna hear that" only to see the kids flippin the ref off and cussing too, with the parents standing nearby saying nothing! Nuts
Old 10-16-2012   #23
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 175625 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

We've handled this in a couple of ways:

1) We're in a PSL area, and it's not difficult to find out who the PSL owner is. I spoke with the CEO of a local company about a 4-some's behavior and he was none too pleased. Haven't seen those guys since.

2) Calling the Texans results in a heightened awareness/presence and a quicker response & resolution when you contact them during the game/while it's happening.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #24
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Jackass of the game - in the stands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
We've handled this in a couple of ways:

1) We're in a PSL area, and it's not difficult to find out who the PSL owner is. I spoke with the CEO of a local company about a 4-some's behavior and he was none too pleased. Haven't seen those guys since.
You're kind of my hero for that.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #25
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, the ****** cursing gets totally ******* out of control sometimes. I don't know why every ****** 4th word out of some ******* people's mouths has to be a ****** F bomb.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #26
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Jackass of the game - in the stands

Some old grandma packer fan..was screaming the entire 2nd half go pack go.....it got old after 1 min.....

she would not shut up....rude old woman......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #27
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
Some old grandma packer fan..was screaming the entire 2nd half go pack go.....it got old after 1 min.....

she would not shut up....rude old woman......
Be careful what ya say about us OLD GRANDMA's! Just sayin!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #28
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There will always be more drunks at night games. They've had all day to liquor up. Nature of the beast.
Precisely why I hate night games. The dudes behind me are obnoxious on a good day. Bring them to a night game, and they're unbearable. Have them bring a cracked out female GB fan who screams at decibels that pierce your eardrums and who spills beer all over you, and that's when I say "Eff it", and leave for the concourse at halftime.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #29
majestrate
Veteran

Section: 308 17/18
Rep Power: 5020 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
He buys season tickets just so he can hate on the Texans? That guy must have issues. Doesn't seem like someone who would uphold the law during his day job.
Actually, he sounds like the stereotypical "bad ass with a badge" kind of guy. Bullied others as a kid, couldn't get enough, became a cop to try and continue the trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoLy-D View Post
I truly despise these situations. I get rowdy and loud, but never BOO unless it's an extremely clearly bad call, or if it looks unfair. I try not to be negative to anything, even opposing teams.
I definitely boo the other team, but only because when I make that particular sound, my voice carries very, very well. It's a deeper, rolling sound, and I only do it when the opposing QB is getting set, to add to the noise and mess up his ability to communicate at the line.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #30
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1858 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the days when it was just you and 20,000 of your closest friends by the 2nd quarter. #2-14.
Old 10-21-2012   #31
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have zero tolerance for inconsiderate fans. Things escalate too quickly.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read